Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Setting up a game so it plays like your favourite sci fi novel or film?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Setting up a game so it plays like your favourite sci fi novel or film? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Setting up a game so it plays like your favourite sci f... - 3/26/2010 11:58:23 AM   
spidergod

Hello

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on setting up a game to play out like your favourite sci fi novel or film ?

I love neil ashers spatterjay and polity novels but cannot work out the traits to use on setting up the races.

any thoughts?
Post #: 1
RE: Setting up a game so it plays like your favourite s... - 3/26/2010 12:53:29 PM   
Erik Rutins

I'd say describe what you want the galaxy to be like and we can advise, not familiar enough with those books to suggest off the top of my head.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to spidergod)
Post #: 2
RE: Setting up a game so it plays like your favourite s... - 3/26/2010 1:01:25 PM   
spidergod

Hello

ok the best way to get all the details are from the wikis :

for the first polity novel :

• AI: machine intelligence responsible for planetary management
  • Runcible: an interstellar teleporter, comparable to the Ramsbotham Jump in Robert A. Heinlein's Tunnel in the Sky
  • contra-terrene device or CTD: an anti-matter bomb
  • AGC: antigravity carrier anti-gravity vehicle
  • Antiphoton Weapon: A proton beam weapon (APW).
  • Aug: A brain augmentation device, allowing gridlink-like access to local networks.
  • Proton Gun
  • Pulse-gun
  • Golem: sophisticated androids, named in numbered series
  • Sparkind: elite human(oid) soldiers
  • Chainglass armor and cutting blades: "A glass formed of silicon chain molecules. Depending on heat treatments and various doping techniques, this glass has a range of properties covering just about every material that has preceded it. Chainglass blades can be as hard as diamond and maintain an edge sharper than that of freshly sheared flint, whilst having a tensile strength somewhere above that of chrome steel. Chainglass also lacks the brittleness of its namesake. The substance was the invention of Algin Tenkian, and it made him filthy rich." -Gridlinked: Asher, pg. 142.
Planets
  • Earth
  • Cheyne III, home world of the Separatist movement.
  • Huma
  • Minostra
  • Samarkand II, way station between more important worlds, 173 light years from Viridian. Colony destroyed after Runcible exploded.
  • Viridian, 173 light years from Samarkand II, in the Mendax planetary system of the Chirat star cluster.
Spaceships
  • The Hubris - AI controlled Polity Science Vessel. This ship was used to transport a new stage one Runcible to Samarkand.
  • The Lyric - A smuggling ship that transports Arian Pelter and his crew to the planets Huma and Viridian.
The wiki :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gridlinked#Detailed_Plot_Summary
2nd novel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Line_of_Polity

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Setting up a game so it plays like your favourite sci fi novel or film? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI