Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Seth vs Orzel...Poland 1939

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> Seth vs Orzel...Poland 1939 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Seth vs Orzel...Poland 1939 - 5/20/2002 10:39:48 AM   
Orzel Bialy

continuing my habit of taking on the side of the under-dog...I will look to fight off a German invasion of the Homeland.

Post #: 1
- 5/20/2002 11:35:08 PM   
Seth

On my first turn, I see some cavalry and a Lazik way down on the south edge. Maybe they're trying to be sneaky?
Seth

(in reply to Orzel Bialy)
Post #: 2
Turn one - 5/21/2002 7:20:50 AM   
Orzel Bialy

Soldiers of Poland! Patriots of Poland! Arise and Take Arms!

The blood-thirsty German nation has sent it's Hitlerite Army across our borders! Defend the Homeland. Rise up and strike at the enemy!

The Germans probe the lines ahead of them. We can see their recon elements probing about...as our own recon elements have served their country well.

The Nazi mob will no doubt try to flank us...so we will be ready for him and his tricks. Lookouts and sentries are all on the highest alert...we wait for them patiently. Like the spider in the web waits for the fly.

Post #: 3
- 5/21/2002 8:04:03 AM   
Seth

My motorcyclists advance in the service of the great German Reich. We halt the advance of the Polish pack mules. Burning donkeys litter the field. I believe I have discovered part of the web, some ATG's on a central hill. Awaiting the enemy's response.
Seth

Post #: 4
Ah yes...the Donkey fighters - 5/21/2002 8:36:52 AM   
Orzel Bialy

when faced with sure death even the mules are Brave in Poland and rise to fight the invaders!
Wait until you encounter the women auxilleries as they charge your lines with bedpots in hand!
Everyone fights for the Polish nation! As we speak the Bird Corps is being released to fly forth and peck out the eyes of the panzer commanders as they sit in the turret cupolas!

Post #: 5
- 5/24/2002 12:03:12 AM   
Seth

As long as they don't... Awww no, I just had my panzer detailed.

Post #: 6
The Germans Returns.... - 5/29/2002 6:55:39 PM   
Orzel Bialy

after an extended pause...
Let's see...tanks to the north...tanks to the south. I would say that there is a double flanking attack in progress.

My brave pack mule recon teams have sniffed out much....and I can now re-deploy accordingly. Not much this turn...some long range AT fire....some sniper fire on two infantry guns the Germans planted in the open on a hilltop...some more scouting to determine just where Jerry will strike.

Welcome back Seth....back to you.

Post #: 7
- 5/30/2002 10:41:56 AM   
Seth

I find, and maul, cavalry on both flanks. The Pz IVs really clean up in the north, and the motorcyclists do pretty well in the south. In the center, my advance goes well, but there is definite danger. Not much action there, although I have supressed an ATG and killed the (or a?) sniper.
Seth
P.S. How many points did you spend on mules? They're like cockroaches.

Post #: 8
Bravery in the field... - 5/31/2002 1:39:31 AM   
Orzel Bialy

my poor cavalry units were pretty well torn to peices in my gamble to get some units by the German flanks. My hopes that their high rate of movement in the woods would allow them to slip by...but it was not to be. A general retreat has been sounded for these units to pull back to the main defense lines.

Elsewhere along the front my ATG's have opened fire and damaged a recon AFV...but that is it. I will have to make other plans to deal with the on-rushing panzers.

My pack mule recon units did their job well...cheap and expendable...but alas they are a spent force as well. Now it will be the duel to the death between the regular forces of both armies. Can my valliant Poles withstand the onslaught!?!?

Post #: 9
- 5/31/2002 10:19:08 PM   
Seth

In the north, the cavalry destroyed a Pz IV, but I pushed them all into one hex and then overran 4 units at once. I lost one of the recon cars to a 75mm gun, but I destroyed a TKS and a 37mm ATG. In the south, the motorcylists pursue the fleeing cavalry, and I find what I think may be the last mule.
Seth

Post #: 10
The Poles Strike Back! - 6/1/2002 10:16:16 AM   
Orzel Bialy

My fine, sturdy, Polish 7TPjw's got into a fray with some Pz III's and won! Ok...maybe it's a small victory that may not last...but after the performance of my ATG thus far....it's a case to celebrate!
:D
To revenge the slaughter of my own cavalry units...guess what happened? Yeap...caught some Jerry Horsey Riders out in the open myself with a couple tanks! Rat tat tat tat!!! barked my MG's until they popped smoke and fled.

Other than that....some more long distance fire traded, but the big brew ha ha is definitely yet to come.

Post #: 11
- 6/2/2002 2:59:33 AM   
Seth

Looks like I may have tried to move too fast. I lost a few tanks, but I did kill some more cavalry, and scared off some engineers.
Seth

Post #: 12
The Counter Attack Begins? - 6/2/2002 8:31:03 AM   
Orzel Bialy

My tanks have killed off one more PzIII....and have another cornered. I am impressed with this little Polish 7TPjw tank...good armor and decent gun...they have matched up stride for stride with the PzIII's so far!
The center looked rip for moving in and killing off two stranded infantry guns...so forward goes my brave Poles!
Only in the north am I not having a good time...though it looks like another PzIV got whacked.
Surely the Jerries have called for re-inforcements...so I must be wary...while at the same time push my current advantage. Let us see what Seth does next....;)

Post #: 13
- 6/4/2002 8:35:51 AM   
Seth

Okay, I got too far ahead of my foot soldiers. This turn I kill what must be the last of the northern cavalry. I also kill a unit of engineers, and immobilize a TKS. The battle of the astonishingly useless units ends in my favor when my Stoewer 40 kills what I hope is the last of the pack mules. In the center, I can only manage to damage a Lazik. In the south, I kill a 7TP and frighten off some engineers. I think I can manage to win this one, but I have used my armor too harshly.
Seth

Post #: 14
Ah yes...victory celebration being planned... - 6/4/2002 10:50:10 AM   
Orzel Bialy

already in Berlin I see. :)

"Come into my Parlour." said the Spider to the Fly "for I have a little something here."

Tell Adolf I ain' dead yet! ;)

Post #: 15
- 6/7/2002 9:42:38 AM   
Seth

This turn goes a little better. My special ops show up, and destroy a field gun. They have managed to land in a pile of stuff, and will almost certainly perish. I kill the crew of a TKS, and supress some ATG's in the center. I also destroy one of the MG Laziks. For some reason, my Sd Kfz 11's will not reload the 150mm IG's, and my last one is destroyed trying to retreat. I also lose a Stoewer 40, as it approaches an ATG to try its luck with the pistol. It arrived safely, but was hit by another gun. If I'd have gone slower, I'd be doing much better.
Seth

Post #: 16
The Battle Rages... - 6/7/2002 12:55:22 PM   
Orzel Bialy

My glorious Poles fight like madmen!

The two German special ops units...who appear right in the middle of my defensive zone...are wiped out.

Else where the German forces on the center hill have all been routed or killed off it seems. To the north and south things seem strangely quiet...as if the Germans are trying to re-group and find a way to extract themselves from this carnage.

Surely there are more Nazi tanks about to kill off than this!?!? Where are they...hiding in the woods? Hhmmmmm.

Well, you just come and get that last set of victory hexes Fritz...when you do I'll have yet another surprise for you!

Post #: 17
- 6/8/2002 10:20:17 AM   
Seth

Aha, so Polish propaganda relies on the 'Big Lie'! Only one squad of Spec Ops is dead. The other immobilized a 7TP. They will die NEXT turn ;)
A better turn for me. Aside from the rear area shenanigans mentioned above, I am pulling it together. In the north, my cavalry advance against the last known positions of two ATGs. One is found, but it is now supported by other forces. No problem. I kill an Uhlan squad and a Taczanka, but the ATG escapes damage. Further south, my forces destroy the second MG Lazik, but then must retreat because the only things to kill are armored, and my cavalry isn't. To assist in this, one of my 150mm IGs nails a TKS (that must be something to see), and a 7TP attempting to sneak up on that gun is killed by my tank. My advancing infantry kill the crew. To the south, my motorycyclists have lost their matches. Some kindly Polish Engineers offer to give them a light. Fortunately, only a few men are 'smokers' ;)
Seth

Post #: 18
Still we stand... - 6/8/2002 8:21:49 PM   
Orzel Bialy

long range fighting...and yes, now there are two dead special ops units.

Found that infantry unit sneaking up the road...give a bit of a heartache...knock off some of it's members.
The German cavalry is shot up a bit more...just to keep them honest....and keep them on the hill and out of my hair to the north.
Oh yeah...and a motorcycle unit to the south that was trying to flank my armor down there...well it took some hits too. Not gone unfortunately, but hurt none-the-less.
If Seth has armor left it is all cowering in the woods somewhere I guess...for I can see none of it at this point in time.
So here are my gallant Poles...desperately fighting to hold on to the last set of VH's...and yet kill enough German units so that a draw will result.
I will not let the Germans get a Victory out of this battle!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Post #: 19
- 6/28/2002 10:57:59 AM   
Seth

I have another good turn. I destroy a 7TP, a TKS and an engineer squad, all around the southern hill. I need to start advancing, if I am to have anything to show for this.
Seth

Post #: 20
Final Push Underway? - 6/28/2002 9:56:25 PM   
Orzel Bialy

My gallant Poles stand their ground...and as they do so they report several German units moving forward...seemingly gathering for a push on the center of our line.
The long silent Polish Artillery Battery that hasn't been heard from for some time finally registers in once more....and falls upon an exposed German infantry gun.
Trying to throw the Germans off balance I try to move up the valley that dominates the center of the battlefield with an ad hoc shock-group. At first things look promising...but then it appears to grind to a halt.
Although I have lost some armor in my attempt to push forward, the good news is my line has not been broken at any point....and I am confident that I will be able to hold off any "last lunge" the German's throw at me.
The question is have I caused enough damage to off-set the fact that the Germans hold most of the VH's? Since I must garner my forces wisely to fend off losing the last set of VH's...how can my Polish forces also stage some sort of offensive to try and grab at least a few of the close by VH's? Hmmm...not a rosie picture.

Post #: 21
- 6/29/2002 2:26:20 AM   
Seth

Again, all the action is in the center. My cavalry seek a way through the woods to the north, but find trouble. The trouble is somewhat dispelled as a cavalry unit gets an MG Lazik, and some SS infantry kill a Taczanka. More to the center, some relief is provided for my poor IG's by another SS squad, which kills two MG Laziks. Not much action to the South of the map, where nearly all my units are dead or have moved north to support the center. My line seems to have been quite porous, as I see an Uhlan unit, and some vehicles running around to my rear.
Seth

Post #: 22
More Germans....Darn!!! - 6/30/2002 9:23:44 AM   
Orzel Bialy

What forces I was able to sneak into the German rear areas to cause some trouble have been spotted....and there are more German tanks milling about....the Germans must have called for re-inforcements.
Unfortunately...I have not placed that call...and this far into the game I doubt they will show up on time even if I do....my poor Poles will have to make due with have they have I guess.
I do manage to cause a bit more trouble...rout a couple more Nazi units and find a ton more!!! Oberst Seth seems to have ample amounts of material...hope I can hold on!

Post #: 23
- 6/30/2002 11:48:42 AM   
Seth

The armor is a serious problem. I have only one functioning tank left, so those reinforcements need to rush to the front. The last Pz. III kills a 7TP in the center. My infantry are basically powerless before the mighty TKS's. Assaults will be the only way. One of the Uhlan squads (hopefully the only one) that snuck into the back is shot up by SS riflemen, and then killed by an aux Sd.Kfz. 222. In the north, my SS infantry kill a 37mm ATG. I lose several men who stumble into engineers.
Seth

Post #: 24
More Tanks Spotted.... - 6/30/2002 8:36:14 PM   
Orzel Bialy

the Germans are moving up more armor...and I am down to the last few of my own. :(

Everywhere Seth seems to have infantry milling about along the front...SS units to the north and center...GE Cavalry to the south. This is not looking good.

Then...from the east comes a sound....a rumble and clatter....more German armor hitting us from the flank? No wait, those are Polish AFV's!!! I will have some support after all!!!

Post #: 25
- 6/30/2002 11:18:01 PM   
Seth

My infantry are my only line right now. Another turn or two and the armor will arrive. In the northern woods, my riflemen take out another (!!!) mule pack. On the central hills, there is some action. My aux 222 rushes to the rescue of my infantry, who are having problems closing with the Polish AFVs. It nails a TKS. The infantry do score a long-range kill, getting another TKS with rifle grenades. Some casualties are suffered, but nothing serious. To the south, my last Pz. III is now a mobile MG nest. It hoses down an engineer sqd, and accompanying cavalry kill a mule pack, and chase off an ATR team. In the rear, my Pz. IIs kill a TKS, and spot more units to kill. They are defective, however. One broke down on the first turn, and another has lost its 20mm to a jam. By the way, has anyone ever seen a jammed weapon get cleared? I had grenades jam on me once. Anyhow, my 81mm mortar gets into the swing of things, and kills an MG Lazik. Things are going much better.
Seth

Post #: 26
Lots of Wreckage.... - 7/4/2002 8:44:54 PM   
Orzel Bialy

both German and Polish litter the field of battle....both of us are now feeding in what re-inforcements we have received...who can hold out it hard to say.
We fight for control of a couple VH's to the south...to force the Germans from concentrating all their firepower on the one to my rear area.
Our run at the VH to the German rear has been foiled by the arrival of his tanks...my utility cars and TKS's can not match the firepower of even Pz II's and the couple Uhlan squads I had as infantry support would be left hanging in the wind without any armor support of their own...they will serve me better fighting in the woods I think.
Elsewhere we continue to bolster our line to fend off any last lunge the Germans may make to take the last VH's and the field. From what I have calculated...right now the battle is about a draw.

Post #: 27
- 7/5/2002 12:57:27 AM   
Seth

Looks like it will be really tight. I kill one 7TP with the 150mm sIG, but there are plenty more. In the north, my infantry come through the woods to find lots of stuff waiting for them. I do mangle a 37mm ATG, but there are two artillery pieces, some tanks, etc. I also get another 7TP with rifle grenades a little further south. In the rear, my Pz. II's are trying to supress the Polish breakout. They have only some cavalry and a TKS facing them. My 81mm mortar tags another MG Lazik in the rear, and the southern set of VH's is cleared again as the rogue uhlan sqd is shot up.
Seth

Post #: 28
- 7/16/2002 10:04:58 AM   
Seth

Okay, so he shot at me on his turn, but didn't do too much. On my turn, my rear security elements wipe out a TKS, a sniper, and Uhlan sqd, and a cav ATR team. My infantry are pinned by a TKS, and I see smoke in the village where the cavalry are hiding. In the south, an SS MG kills an Uhlan sqd, and a 5cm mortar kills an MG Lazik. One TKS to kill, and I'll recapture the southern VH's again. In the north, on the front lines, I chase off an Uhlan sqd, but am under harassing fire from artillery and tanks. I lose an infantry sqd to engineers in the forest, and use my reinforcement Pz. 38(t)'s to damage a 7TP. In the center, my glorious 150mm sIGs kill another 7TP. I damage another with rifle grenades, and kill an FO with my last original tank. Nothing doing in the south.
Seth

Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> Seth vs Orzel...Poland 1939 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI