Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

China Strategy?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> China Strategy? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
China Strategy? - 4/4/2010 7:46:32 AM   
Gunner98

China is a puzzle to me. I have just started a new campaign as Allies vs. the AI and want to pay more attention to China but I must say, I just don't know where to start! Is there a 'top tips to China' guide out there somewhere? If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: China Strategy? - 4/4/2010 9:17:44 AM   
Mistmatz

Harass enemy supply lines with cheap respawning units, watch your supply, fortify only a few defendable strongpoints, endure the pain and search the forums.

China has been dscussed quite regulary since AE came out.

If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_the_Pacific:_Admiral%27s_Edition_Wiki

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 2
RE: China Strategy? - 4/4/2010 3:24:21 PM   
SpankyMcFlych

I found an early china allies strat thread a bit ago while combing through the forums while I wait for my copy of witpae to arrive in the mail.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2279381&mpage=1&key=

Several months old though, so it may be dated by old patch info like the effects of uber artillery and stuff.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 3
RE: China Strategy? - 4/4/2010 6:42:57 PM   
crsutton

Hard to say as the patches have changed a great deal of things for those of us who have been playing for a while. A few bugs but vs the AI you should have little trouble. Just turn a lot of things off at the get go and then turn things on sparingly as supply will let you.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to SpankyMcFlych)
Post #: 4
RE: China Strategy? - 4/4/2010 7:08:50 PM   
freeboy

supplies are the issue, even bigger than the massie well trained and supplied Jap army, IF you could get supplies into china! So, my suggestion againt the ai is todo as above, use smaller units to harase the enemies rear areas, cutting his supply lines in a series of small efforts, he should atack you to clear but my not have the abilities to stop you from moving other units in and re cutting his rail lines t ohis interior bases.. OR you could defeat the Japs in Burma and push supplies up the burma road...
Do use your transports to ferry in supplies.. DO NOT set your bases to build.. this eats up your precious supplies.. I like to find good defensive  hexes.. forest etc, and dig in BUT I play a passive China allied strategy.. at least compared to the other areas.. playing pbem scen 2 date march 44

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 5
RE: China Strategy? - 4/5/2010 12:13:45 AM   
CarnageINC

Versus a pbem player, watch out for the northern flank attacks toward your oil centers.  Its easy for the Japs to get a powerful force up there and hard for the Chinese to defend if your not prepared.  

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> China Strategy? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI