Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Disabling Ruins

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Disabling Ruins Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disabling Ruins - 4/5/2010 5:30:28 AM   
BigWolfChris

Is there anyway to disable these? Or at least lower there effects with discovered technology?

I'm often finding them way overpowered in terms of tech handed out (Just some sort of death ray and my space yards ramped up a couple of levels with one set of ruins), as well as insane amounts of "abandoned" cruisers and capital ships, too me it's quite annoying

I know it may sound strange, but I'd rather not have such "advantages" on the field
Don't mind finding an "abandoned" base here or there, or a couple of destroyers/frigates and the odd cruiser, as the advantage gained is quite small

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core @3.7GHz
2x16 GB Vengeance LPX 2666MHz RAM
MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive
Post #: 1
RE: Disabling Ruins - 4/5/2010 5:40:05 AM   
Wade1000

So... yoo wish 4 less... not moar free epic lootz handouts! Post on yor main n stop QQ about old glory dayz of original WoW at level 60.....oops...this is not World of Warcraft forum. I'm sorry.

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.

(in reply to BigWolfChris)
Post #: 2
RE: Disabling Ruins - 4/5/2010 1:09:52 PM   
BigWolfChris

Hahaha, I cast spellz onto you!!!11

I personally finding being given a fleet of ships that can basically win me the game militarily, to be... well quite boring actually
Especially since they will all have technology well beyond my own

MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 3
RE: Disabling Ruins - 4/5/2010 2:13:08 PM   
BigWolfChris

So, I just got this death ray/space yard ruin again
So, despite only discovering about 4/5 components by myself, I've now magically been given a weapon that can take out most ships with 1 hit with current levels of enemy tech, and had my space yards kicked up from basic (lvl 1) too large (lvl 5), which now lets me build ships upto a size of 850

Ok, some people will love that, but too me it has just ruined my save-game as it has just given me a HUGE advantage over anybody else
My economy is already having me quite abit ahead (300k reserves, with 60k/year coming in), so with that in mind, limits have basically been removed

I get there is "Lore" too give the universe a background... but I don't really care about it, if we must have these, at least not have them so easy to obtain or in such numbers
I play a tiny star map and I find no end of these, I'd hate to think what numbers are present on larger maps since everything appears to be heavily based around star amounts

Oh concerning the easiness, I just noticed this ruin is protected by some monsters... but I can still pop in with an explorer get the benefits and leave before said monsters are even able to get even close
So perhaps another solution could be that ruins are not "investigated" instantly, but needs a ship (maybe with a research component... maybe) to stay in orbit of the planet for quite sometime, the more bonus being given, the longer the time needed
Of course, since I find monsters to be nothing more than target practise, they wouldn't be much bother with a couple of Frigates sent over to defend the exploration team

< Message edited by BigWolf -- 4/5/2010 2:22:29 PM >

MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

(in reply to BigWolfChris)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Disabling Ruins Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI