Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't start the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Can't start the game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't start the game - 8/18/2015 5:39:27 PM   
VinsSauv

Hello,

I'm writting this post because when I launch "Distant Worlds Universe" from the launcher the loading screen appears correctly,
but shortly after I receive a message of error from Windows saying that the programm stopped functionning without others explanations.
Of course it tries to "find solutions to my problem", but doesn't seem to be very successfull.

I'm running the game (well, trying to, to be precise ) on Windows 10 OS 64bits (freshly uppgraded, but it was before my acquisition of the game), got an MSI computer with
processor intel core i-7 2.40ghz, 16Go ram and a video card nvidia GTX860M.

I watched on the forum before register myself during all the afternoon looking for plausible solutions and tried what I could:
re-installing the game several times, searching for a new DirectX, looking for Media Player (I think I have it), downloadig and extracting the patch manually...
Nothing seems to work. Am I missing something?

Maybe I should precise it: I directly bought and installed "Distant Worlds Universe" from Steam.
The game is not located in "program files" but on another folder.

Well, I don't know how to be more specific about my problem, I hope someone will be able to give me a solution because
I have to admit it's been a long time since I haven't been such enthousiastic about a game (seriously, it seems awesome),
and my sadness to not making it work is proportionnal to this enthousiasm. So in other words, please please
please help.

P.S I'm not a native English speaker, so please forgive the mistakes I may let have pass trough your eyes.
Post #: 1
RE: Can't start the game - 8/18/2015 6:23:20 PM   
Bingeling

There are some recent threads in the tech support part.

Common advice is to disable intro movies through the config, and looking for crash reports. As well as downloading the correct (not quite new) directX version.

Scan through the current top 3-4 threads in the tech support section.

(in reply to VinsSauv)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't start the game - 8/18/2015 6:53:11 PM   
VinsSauv

Thanks man!

Problem solved by disabling the intro movies!

Feels a bit like tearing off the first pages of a book to me but hey, if it is what it takes...

Oh you ear that sound of hundreds of galaxies calling for a brave leader to guide them on the path for Glory? I do, for myself, and will answer it. Thanks again !

May the night and the endless void be sweet to you.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't start the game - 8/18/2015 8:05:50 PM   
Bingeling

There are many strong sides to this game (I love it), but I won't count the intro movie as one of them.

Good luck on your adventures, don't be afraid to ask questions here.

(in reply to VinsSauv)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Can't start the game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI