Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rise of the Tecmeno Technocracy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> After Action Reports >> Rise of the Tecmeno Technocracy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rise of the Tecmeno Technocracy - 4/6/2010 4:35:07 PM   
lordxorn

Nereida is a Lation name derived from the ancient Dreek Nereis, the name of the sea sprites fathered by Nereus, meaning "nymph, sea sprite."

Nereida is the fourth planet in the Alpha Chandrasekhar system, ruled by a yellow main sequence star. Our birth place in the depths of our vast oceans is similar to the openness of space, add to this our nearly 360 degree view, and we are perfectly suited for space. My people were born to surf the solar winds, and explore new systems, which is only an extension of our immense oceans.

Many of my fellow Tecmenos are isolationist, and argue that staying out of other races affairs is in the best interest of our people. I on the other hand, believe that this point of view cannot be further from the truth. A wise Tecmeno poet once said "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
We would be naïve as a race to believe that whatever lies beyond our own star, will be as peaceful as we are. We must rise to the occasion, and ensure that we remain engaged, so as not to let evil manifest itself. I truly feel deep down that there have been great acts of evil perpetrated on other peoples like mine, who also thought isolationism would keep them safe.
It is the year 2754, and my beliefs has vaulted the Technocracy party to victory, which I now have a mandate by the people to explore and expand our great people.

Formulating a political victory, and inspiring people to action is one thing a ruler must have before they are even allowed to step foot in Parliament. Economic and military theories aside, the day to day running of a soon to be galactic Technocracy is another matter all together, and such my team of trusted advisors have prepared for me a crash course in the technical aspects of running the state.

On this 1st day of January, my first order as Supreme Chancellor was to expand my Office of Empirical Resources with the commissioning of 4 new Exploration Ships at the newly built Anaheim Space Yards. Their scouting reports on the different planet types, and locations of resources surrounding Nereida will be invaluable for my expansion plans.

The game has been setup with the following condtitions

More to follow....

Post #: 1
RE: Rise of the Tecmeno Technocracy - 4/6/2010 4:52:51 PM   
Feralkoala

Good start, looking forward to following this.

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 2
RE: Rise of the Tecmeno Technocracy - 4/6/2010 6:01:31 PM   
lordxorn

Updated to beta Patch 1.03

In preparation for my Exploration fleet, I ordered my scientist to organize our vast galaxy into a 2D sector map. Immediately following this I then ordered them to prepare a survey of locations to later be sensor sweeped by our brave Explorers. Closest to home is a Super Giant Red Star, and a White Dwarf that harbor no planets.

I make a mental note to order patrols there, stars without planets (thus without any "eyes on" in system) make a good rally point for enemies to stage a refueling operation there. Other than those two there are immediately 7 Systems unknown (without names) to our scientist.

Even our most powerful space based telescopes have had problems detecting any details, thus these will be the target of our lone 'Enchanted Moon' Exploration vessel.

Checking on the progress of the 4 other ships (my first order as Supreme Chancellor), I am surprised to see their keels have already been laid down. The orange font (1.03 Update ) indicates they are not complete, and a quick glance at the bottom left tells me that their 22 components have yet to be completed.

Next order for my Astronomers was to expand out beyond our own sector, and look for the best 4 candidate sectors for our Exploration crews, and Sector G5, G7, H7, and I5 are the most promising as they have the best prospects for future expansion.

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 3
RE: Rise of the Tecmeno Technocracy - 4/6/2010 8:18:11 PM   
Erik Rutins

Great AAR so far, thanks for writing this up.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 4
RE: Rise of the Tecmeno Technocracy - 4/7/2010 2:27:01 PM   
Gertjan

Interesting, nice screenshots and 1.03 info!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> After Action Reports >> Rise of the Tecmeno Technocracy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI