Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Two suggestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Two suggestions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two suggestions - 4/7/2010 9:21:07 PM   
Joubarbe

Hi,

I've just seen a thread : "Armada or Distant Worlds". Sure Distant Worlds is more complex but in Armada, I love one thing : the victory conditions, which are differents for each faction (some points are gained by, for example, having happy population). I really think that 4x should think about that because a lot of players are tired of the "territory" "diplomacy" "economy" victory conditions. In Armada, you can end a game...

Second suggestion, very simple : make a search engine for the galactopedia, please :)
Maybe I miss something but here I have an alien offering to me the technology "HyperDeny GW1000" for 38000 credits... How am I suppose to know what the hell is that and how much can it be sold ?

Post #: 1
RE: Two suggestions - 4/7/2010 10:54:51 PM   
Wicky

Hate to say that, but you are totally noobish.

First you make suggestions based on other games (ie: I liked feature X in game Y, can we have that here as well please??)
If you liked it so much, why don't you go play Armada then??

And secondly, it is already there just press F1 and browse the components techs, there you see all techs that you can trade, even alphabetically sorted. Shouldn't take longer than 1 second to find it.

(in reply to Joubarbe)
Post #: 2
RE: Two suggestions - 4/7/2010 11:15:45 PM   
BigWolfChris

Wicky, concerning components, unless I'm being completely blind, the Galactopedia does not list individual components, only generalized areas of components (ie. just informations about Hyperdrives in general, not each hyperdrive individually)

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core @3.7GHz
2x16 GB Vengeance LPX 2666MHz RAM
MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

(in reply to Wicky)
Post #: 3
RE: Two suggestions - 4/7/2010 11:32:06 PM   
Webbco

Pretty sure there's info on the hyperdeny weapon.

Go to Design screen, click on HyperDeny GW1000 in 'all components' list (the left one), click on 'component details' and then on the box there should be a link to Galactopedia with the specifics about this weapon.

I'm not at home at the mo where DW is installed on my PC, so I could be wrong with the above...

(in reply to BigWolfChris)
Post #: 4
RE: Two suggestions - 4/7/2010 11:43:35 PM   
Cheet4h

But when the aliens offer you any specific tech you can't look it up like you can with the design editor. Only thing you can do is press F1 and see the general description of the component lists.

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 5
RE: Two suggestions - 4/8/2010 12:08:04 AM   
PDiFolco

Worst is when they offer colonies, you don't even know where they aren, what are population, resources !
The trade screen should link with the Galactopedia and have a "see item" option.

(in reply to Cheet4h)
Post #: 6
RE: Two suggestions - 4/8/2010 12:15:07 AM   
ASHBERY76

You can open the pedia when the diplomacy screen is up.Hyperdeny is under area weapons.

Area Weapons take two different forms: destructive shock waves and HyperDeny weapons.

Destructive shock waves are omni-directional blasts of energy that damage everything in a short radius around them. The blast wave spreads outwards from the epicenter inflicting damage on all ships and bases in its path.

HyperDeny weapons prevent any ships within range from initiating a hyperjump. This prevents enemy ships from escaping, allowing an attacker to destroy them.

Area weapons typically have high power requirements, and thus are usually found only on larger military ships.

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Two suggestions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI