Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fleet behaviour & automation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Fleet behaviour & automation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fleet behaviour & automation - 4/11/2010 10:04:58 PM   
concern

Is it actually possible to automate a fleet itself, or do you just automate the individual members of the fleet?

Do automated fleets behave as a fleet entity, or is there still a level of individual autonomy?

Finally, does it affect a fleet's automation if a couple of its members are not automated and off doing tasks for you?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Fleet behaviour & automation - 4/11/2010 10:22:22 PM   
Webbco

To automate fleet, select it and hit 'a' on your keyboard 

There is a level of autonomy, but it seems very context-specific. E.g. If an enemy ship attacks one of your fleet ships (and that ship is in the vicinity of the rest of it's fleet) ONLY that individual will retaliate. Ships are always set to "return fire when fired upon".

That last one I'm not sure on... I think they'll do their own thing until you order an entire fleet command.

(in reply to concern)
Post #: 2
RE: Fleet behaviour & automation - 4/11/2010 10:31:02 PM   
thiosk

I have found that ships in fleets need to be microed a bit sometimes... they will kill their target and sit there taking potshots until they are all dead... if you aren't watching them.

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 3
RE: Fleet behaviour & automation - 4/12/2010 12:25:26 PM   
lordxorn

I find it useful to leave fleets on manual then set to "suggest" Attack Targets. The AI does a decent job of suggesting valuable targets during war, like a resupply outfit, or other enemy fleets. However, always leave at least one large fleet to patrol your capitol.

(in reply to thiosk)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Fleet behaviour & automation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI