Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing resolution?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Changing resolution? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing resolution? - 4/13/2010 5:59:22 PM   
Wiz33

I did not find anything in the option menu for changing the game's res or running in Windowed mode. Is it possible? I uses a 24" 1920x1200 screen and at native res the fonts are a bit small for these old eyes. Is it possible to run at 1680x1050 or something lower? TIA
Post #: 1
RE: Changing resolution? - 4/13/2010 7:00:44 PM   
Barthheart

Game actually runs in a window with no borders or controls. It uses the res setting of your screen. To use a lower res you have to change your screen setting.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to Wiz33)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing resolution? - 4/13/2010 7:48:40 PM   
Wiz33

Thanks. I should have done a search before posting. It would be really nice to be able to run this in a window as I multitask a lot.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 3
RE: Changing resolution? - 4/13/2010 8:15:45 PM   
Barthheart

Alt-tabbing works fine. Multi away.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to Wiz33)
Post #: 4
RE: Changing resolution? - 4/14/2010 12:15:45 AM   
Conflictx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wiz33

Thanks. I should have done a search before posting. It would be really nice to be able to run this in a window as I multitask a lot.

So do I, working on the Planets overhaul or the Ship mods I'm doing while playing the game or rather let the game play for me and intervene now and then.
Alt-tabbing works like a charm.

(in reply to Wiz33)
Post #: 5
RE: Changing resolution? - 4/14/2010 1:37:45 AM   
HsojVvad

Yup not problems with alt-tabbing so far. The only problem I have is the music cuts out for some wierd reason. Other than that no problems at all. If anything running with a window boarder would make everything a bit smaller and then you would really have a hard time with the fonts.

I believe the minimum setting the game plays at is 1280X720 or something like that.

(in reply to Conflictx)
Post #: 6
RE: Changing resolution? - 4/14/2010 1:52:09 PM   
deanco2

I tried setting my resolution to less then my native, hoping that would make the text more readable.  The text is bigger, but still suffers from a kind of antialiasing problem.  I have seen screenshots of the game, though, where that problem is not apparent, the text is clear and easy to read.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Changing resolution? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI