Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to play DW on my laptop ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> How to play DW on my laptop ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to play DW on my laptop ? - 4/14/2010 12:09:28 PM   
Ugrok

Hello !

First of all i want to say that this game is wonderful and that i cant be thankful enough for developers to take the risk of creating such games.

I play DW on my desktop computer, but i have a nice laptop on which id like to play it as well. My problem is the following : event though my laptop resolution is set to 1680*1050, when i launch the game, an error window pops up, which says : "Distant World is set to run at a resolution of 1024*768 or higher. Please change your resolution and restart the game". What can i do to fix this ? Note that my laptop is new (a few months old), but the graphic card is a basic intel card, maybe thats the problem?

Thanks for the game, and for your help !

PS : english isn't my main language, please forgive the mistakes.
Post #: 1
RE: How to play DW on my laptop ? - 4/14/2010 12:50:34 PM   
HsojVvad

I don't know much about computers, but try changing your screen resoultion to 1024X768 first to see if it will run. DW runs on what ever resolution you have set currently. I find it wierd that it will not run at your current resolution. So first try 1024X768 and then work on from there changing your resolution each time, to see what happens until you find a setting that will either work or you like.

Good luck.

(in reply to Ugrok)
Post #: 2
RE: How to play DW on my laptop ? - 4/14/2010 2:35:08 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Ugrok,

Could you post a DxDiag for us please? Instructions on how to do that are pinned to the top of this forum.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 3
RE: How to play DW on my laptop ? - 4/14/2010 3:03:36 PM   
Ugrok

Davor, i tried it, of course, and i got the same error message, no matter the resolution of my desktop.

Ill attach my dxdiag file.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: How to play DW on my laptop ? - 4/14/2010 3:09:45 PM   
Erik Rutins

A few questions:

1. Did you allow the DirectX and .NET that came with the game to install fully on your laptop?

2. You said your laptop is 1680x1050, but your laptop's video driver is reporting that it is set to 1920x1200, do you know what's going on there?

3. Your DPI is set very high, can you try returning that to normal?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Ugrok)
Post #: 5
RE: How to play DW on my laptop ? - 4/14/2010 6:50:01 PM   
Ugrok

Thank you very much ! Switching the DPI from 150% to 100% allowed the game to launch !

And i must say im astonished by the performance, it runs quite well on a laptop.

Thanks again, and best regards (have fun further enhancing this gem of a game !)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> How to play DW on my laptop ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI