Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.04 beta2 Resupply ship and AE weapon problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> 1.04 beta2 Resupply ship and AE weapon problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.04 beta2 Resupply ship and AE weapon problems - 4/23/2010 5:03:23 PM   
bloodystump

Resupply ships (human AI designed) are up to their old tricks. I have 5 in my current game and not one has managed to deploy for longer than about 30seconds.

The Devastator Pulse area effect super weapon on capital ships (my own and an ally's) are being used indiscriminately, resulting in a cap ship's own fleet being decimated and ally fleets to fight each other (my current war is losing more ships to this than enemy fire).

< Message edited by bloodystump -- 4/23/2010 5:09:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: 1.04 beta2 Resupply ship and AE weapon problems - 4/23/2010 6:14:50 PM   
Sliverine

You know i love how devastators cause all that pretty explosions and all...its just quite sad that its prone to friendly fire. Not that im complaining since its after all, a logical thing to do (to prevent AOE from being overpowered) but then again, i wish the AI was smart enough to spread out ships away from AOE weapons when they are being used instead of flocking like sheep and dying in droves.

(in reply to bloodystump)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.04 beta2 Resupply ship and AE weapon problems - 4/23/2010 6:25:07 PM   
bloodystump

Ah, after i posted i guessed this might have been a design choice rather than a bug. Having said that, it would be nice if it was used more intelligently (only using it when X number of ships are within range for example)

(in reply to Sliverine)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> 1.04 beta2 Resupply ship and AE weapon problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI