Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

any news for modding in the near future?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> any news for modding in the near future? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
any news for modding in the near future? - 4/22/2010 8:13:08 PM   
lostsm

as the big bugs are getting quickly squashed with the major first few patches, is there any news for more support for modifications?

1.04 is asking a lot on community feedback on various tweaks, which IMO are completely play balance stuff that people that want to change the game could, and would love to, dive in there right away and change

out of the box the game is fun and addictive, despite its bugs. with the game crashing bugs getting fixed, and now with extra UI functionality... can we pretty please with a loros fruit on the top get access to the hardcoded variables? while it's great that they want to work on making the game better, it already is good and well worth the buy. now let the community enhance the balance tweaks while the guys on top concentrate on cleaning the bugs up, and hey a few more UI changes is also greatly appreciated ;)

export the hardcoded variables to a data/ dir, plain text files, one line per variable: name=value, and then just read it in as the game loads up instead of being all out of our hands! tech cost, tech names, tech effects, diplomacy variables, build costs, building build capacities... there are SO many things i'd love to play with to make my game that much more fun!

edit: struck out a few things in my list as i was going so fast forget to check if it was modifiable yet or not :P

< Message edited by lostsm -- 4/22/2010 8:16:35 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: any news for modding in the near future? - 4/22/2010 9:12:14 PM   
Erik Rutins

We hear you - some additional mod support is in our plans, but I don't know which update it will be in yet. We want to finish 1.0.4 and make sure everything is rebalanced properly first.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to lostsm)
Post #: 2
RE: any news for modding in the near future? - 4/28/2010 4:06:34 PM   
Ellestar

Any chance to get our hands on a source code? Or will it be a text data/visual/audio mods only?
Civ 4, HoI 3, SE V opened parts of the source code for modders and it's not like someone stolen it or something. I guess it's a lot of work to release it for modders if you didn't plan to release it from the get-go. And bugfixing comes first, of course.

< Message edited by Ellestar -- 4/28/2010 4:07:20 PM >

Knowledge is Power

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> any news for modding in the near future? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI