Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Now I am totally lost...but will not give in yet.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Now I am totally lost...but will not give in yet. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Now I am totally lost...but will not give in yet. - 5/8/2010 8:37:26 AM   
straggler13

Now I boot WitPAE ( 1) game, load a file I saved when I had the 1.03 update installed - WitPAE (2) , and the game tells me I have a later version of a game file " Saved under 1.03.1102a" ...which I of course already know ..and so I exit and try to update the game from the 1.02.1095 Dec. 7 2009 .41.41 to the later version. But now I am told that I already have the later updated version.

So I look in the green arrow program file list in the start box ...and sure enough, it shows a WitPAE (2) and no WitPAE ( 1) is shown. So I scroll down to the uninstall all in the WitPAE (2) program list in the green arrow start box...and guess what? It tells me I cannot uninstall this game because it is the wrong game to uninstall ...even though it is the one in the list!!!

Give me a break. Why can't we all just get along and kill some folks ...virtually, I mean.?

If you will help...please?

Sincerely,

Gregory L. Martin
Post #: 1
RE: Now I am totally lost...but will not give in yet. - 5/8/2010 5:36:16 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

You could manually delete it all .. I suspect that some auto update might have installed in the 'proper' (matrix) folder and somehow messed up the version number .. but im purely guessing. I install all my games into default dirs for just this reason.

Good luck .. as its well worth it !

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to straggler13)
Post #: 2
RE: Now I am totally lost...but will not give in yet. - 5/8/2010 7:27:46 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: straggler13

Now I boot WitPAE ( 1) game, load a file I saved when I had the 1.03 update installed - WitPAE (2) , and the game tells me I have a later version of a game file " Saved under 1.03.1102a" ...which I of course already know ..and so I exit and try to update the game from the 1.02.1095 Dec. 7 2009 .41.41 to the later version. But now I am told that I already have the later updated version.

So I look in the green arrow program file list in the start box ...and sure enough, it shows a WitPAE (2) and no WitPAE ( 1) is shown. So I scroll down to the uninstall all in the WitPAE (2) program list in the green arrow start box...and guess what? It tells me I cannot uninstall this game because it is the wrong game to uninstall ...even though it is the one in the list!!!

Give me a break. Why can't we all just get along and kill some folks ...virtually, I mean.?

If you will help...please?

I don't know what you're doing in there, but you've been responded to in the other thread by one of the game's main coders, so if he says there's no registry interaction, and deleting the main folder will scrub your box of AE, he's right. I'd start over.

Only extra thought I could add is to disconnect from the Net while installing, and turn off all virus checkers, malware defenses, etc. while you install. Once you've done a new install, and restarted with your virus defenses on, try to maybe download the patch (you only need the last, comprehensive Patch 3) rather than use the auto-updater found under the desktop icon, and launch the patch manually.

Good luck.

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 5/8/2010 7:28:52 PM >

The Moose

(in reply to straggler13)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Now I am totally lost...but will not give in yet. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI