Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bleedin eye balls,PLEASE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Bleedin eye balls,PLEASE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bleedin eye balls,PLEASE - 11/27/2000 12:52:00 PM   
Who am I?

Once upon a time, in 1990, I heard about the War God, Gary Grigsby. Now I'm playin' the most fantastic version of Steel Panthers..Ever! One night, not to long ago, in a galaxy not too far, actually, my bedroom: I saw a light, it wasn't the cops, it was the Steel Panthers angel telling me that the great ones would soon be combining SPWAW and War in Russia. I want to be able to go to a factory in Germany tell them what kind of tank to make this week, drive that tank to an assembly yard, transport it to a rail junction where I would personally load my tank onto a railcar and rail it to the east front, hex by hex, 2,000 miles away. I have had this idea for ages. I want a gigantic, huge, map. One mistake, by one unit, could cost an entire army 300 miles of terrain and possible defeat. There are many games out there that represent divisional wargaming, but this is Steel Panthers! One on one, guns blazing, crews running and tanks burning! I love this game and the only changes I think should be made are going beyond the 100 by 240 hex limit, and eventually having factories, multiplayer wars, one man one division responsible for one part of the war. I won't ask if I'm crazy I already know I am. 'that's my dream, that's my nightmare.'

Post #: 1
- 11/27/2000 1:35:00 PM   
Mike Rothery

I still have a bookcase full of GDW's Europa series of board games. A game for each campaign, from Poland, to the Western Desert and then on to the fall of Berlin. And the whole lot had a standard unit size and standard rules, so that you could combine the lot! I have only played about half the modules, and have put the rest off until old age. You are stirring old memories.

MikeR

(in reply to Who am I?)
Post #: 2
- 11/27/2000 9:28:00 PM   
Wild Bill

The ideal war game for the true fanatic! I hope it happens one day. others even from other galaxies have shared your fantasy, Who Am I?...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Who am I?)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Bleedin eye balls,PLEASE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI