Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Random Reinforcements in MCLV

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Random Reinforcements in MCLV Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Random Reinforcements in MCLV - 7/17/2003 7:42:06 PM   
tmac

I am playing MCLV for the very first time. I am into the third battle, racing to relieve the Brandenburgers holding a crucial bridge. I save every turn, and this battle begins obviously after the victory in the previous scenario. There is no option to select. The first time I started the current battle I had motorcycles and a PZII attached to my core Kampfgruppe. 2 turns into the battle I realized I had not done a proper map recon and was headed the wrong way with the bulk of my forces, so I decided to restart. I had only encountered 1 enemy squad, so I wasn't getting an unfair advantage (insert rationalization here). When I restarted I did NOT have the MC's and PZII. 12 turns into the battle I am REALLY missing them, they would have helped greatly. Is their presence a random (you get them or you don't) kind of proposition? If I were to try again might I get them or some other type of unit(s)? If I DID have them would the enemy forces be augmented too? Does this happen frequently in the MC's? And finally, how do you ask for reinforcements (both in MC and regular game)?
Post #: 1
- 7/17/2003 9:39:10 PM   
Jim1954

It migh be possible that save is corrupted. What I personally do is save each battle at the start of it, before starting the 1st turn. The way the MC's are supposed to work is after you conclude a battle, and you go to the next one, you are given a choice(sometimes) depending on how well you fared in the previous one.

When you restart from a save, it should be the same no matter how many times you restart it.

Do you have all of the patches for MCLV installed? Failure to do that will cause wierd things to sometimes happen.

Also make sure that the 7.1 update is applied after installing MCLV. MCLV installation will go in at ver. 7.0 and that too can cause funnies to happen.

I believe you CANNOT request reinforcements in MC's. They weren't designed that way AFAIK.

See the Newbie Guide for MC installation in the MC subforum for specifics on those patches and the order that they must be applied.

I think if you hit the F4 button in a regular game, that is the cry for help. Click on the button that either says help or hot keys and it should give you a list of what various keystrokes will do. Failing that, look at the manual that comes with the game on the title screen, WAW Manual, for help.

Hope this helps some.

Jim1954
KMC/T

(in reply to tmac)
Post #: 2
- 7/17/2003 9:54:00 PM   
tmac

Thanks for your answer Jim. I've got all proper patches installed and used that great thread concerning installs when I began this MC. It's not a corrupted save, because to restart I had to go back to my save of the last turn of the previous battle. I save right before I would end turn, so in this case I open it, end the turn, get told I won and experience/veteran status shows, then I go into intro for next battle. This is like a whole new run into the current battle, so if these additional units were random, then this second time I might not get them from HQ. Thats more what I was wondering. I'd also really like to know if I got them would AI enemy get more too (in this scenario I'm playing and in general). Good info on calling for reinforcements in regular games, thanks. I saw posts referring to it, just didn't know about it at all, and wasn't sure how to do it. I'm glad I found out, I want to branch out into PBEM, and would have been suspicious if suddenly my opponent had additional forces.
Tim

(in reply to tmac)
Post #: 3
- 7/17/2003 10:02:36 PM   
Jim1954

I'm really not sure where those units came from. Someone with more knowledge of this than I may be able to answer this.

Jim1954
KMC/T

(in reply to tmac)
Post #: 4
- 7/18/2003 2:33:22 AM   
rbrunsman

Several of the scenarios say you "may" get reinforcement support. Maybe that really is a random event. After all, just saying you "may" get reinforcements when the programmers know **** well that they will or won't show up doesn't make much sense: As soon as you start the battle you know what your force will be comprised of, so it leads me to believe it really is a random event.

To call reinforcements (but not in MCs) you can also click on the HQ tent on the right side of the screen and then click on the reinforcements button in the lower left. -- I'm a mouse clicker, not a keyboard user when I play. The only keys I use are the shift key and the 9 key (never the F9 key!).

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

(in reply to tmac)
Post #: 5
- 7/18/2003 5:30:44 AM   
tmac

Thanks...any idea if AI would be correspondingly reinforced? Same kind of question for choosing different options in MC, will AI forces be different?

(in reply to tmac)
Post #: 6
- 7/18/2003 7:19:53 AM   
rbrunsman

I doubt the AI gets random reinforcements. That could be too unbalancing. But that's just my guess.

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

(in reply to tmac)
Post #: 7
- 7/18/2003 9:33:35 AM   
tmac

Thanks

(in reply to tmac)
Post #: 8
- 7/18/2003 8:46:47 PM   
Jim1954

tmac posted

[QUOTE]Thanks...any idea if AI would be correspondingly reinforced? Same kind of question for choosing different options in MC, will AI forces be different?[/QUOTE]

The AI will be awarded victory points when you request reinforcements. I forget how much, it's in the manual, though.

The selection of different options, along with what battle result you had previously, will determine composition of the enemy forces facing you in the MC's. I do not believe that these are random choices, rather different OOB's the designers have put into place for the various paths. This is one reason why the MC's can play differently each time you go through them.

:)

Jim1954
KMC/T

(in reply to tmac)
Post #: 9
That makes sense - 7/18/2003 10:53:51 PM   
tmac

Thanks Jim, that seems to be a the likely answer. What manual? Is there one for the MC?

(in reply to tmac)
Post #: 10
- 7/18/2003 10:59:29 PM   
Grenadier

There is only one way to get to that battle, by getting a marginal victory or better on Node 2 "An Early Decision". Choosing Option of a different mission leads you to the bridge capture and there is a 50/50 chance of getting the additional reinforcements. This is part of the design and for each additional unit you get the AI has a corresponding increase in the units it has to oppose you, so if you got the motorcycles and tanks the AI gets more toys to play with.

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

(in reply to tmac)
Post #: 11
- 7/18/2003 11:03:42 PM   
Jim1954

Not for the MC's as such, although there is a little section on them in it. On the main title screen there is something that says "World at War Manual". This is the version 5.0 manual, there haven't been any others since BTW because it really hasn't changed that much as far as manual type things go. Anyway, you need to have Adobe Acrobat installed to read the .pdf format it's written in. Adobe is freeware btw in case you didn't know.

I took the time to print it out cause it's real handy to have at your fingertips, rather than trying to use it on the cd.

;)

Jim1954
KMC/T

(in reply to tmac)
Post #: 12
Thanks.... - 7/18/2003 11:03:50 PM   
tmac

for taking the time to answer. I understand now, and that will help me as I make my way through this megacampaign. I appreciate the help.
Tim

(in reply to tmac)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Random Reinforcements in MCLV Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI