Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

saved games as aar's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> saved games as aar's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
saved games as aar's - 1/3/2011 7:04:54 PM   
Data

Not sure if this is really ok or not but since the aar section could not provide the same level of detail i thought that us new guys could really benefit from saved games coming from more experienced players (especially the expert mode ones, who have every option on manual)

I for one am interested in how you start the game and the messages that DW has could presumably help me to reconstruct your decissions. Imagine how we would drool over some of Erik's or Elliot's saves but I would welcome any save for a miriad reasons :)

If you think it's a good ideea we can even setup a central location for all of us to exchange even more info than on the forum, seeing actually the stuff we like aside from reading it here. The files are obviously too large for the forum but not for mail or ftp.
I for example am still on the vanilla 1.0.6.0 so if anyone would like to share their saved games on this version (if you still have them) I'll appreciate it.

< Message edited by Data -- 1/3/2011 9:19:48 PM >

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Post #: 1
RE: saved games as aar's - 1/5/2011 9:34:35 AM   
Data

bump :)

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 2
RE: saved games as aar's - 1/5/2011 8:01:58 PM   
lordxorn

I am considering doing a AAR for my Star Wars mod campaign save game, which would be perfect for what your asking for.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 3
RE: saved games as aar's - 1/5/2011 8:07:58 PM   
Data

wow, perfect indeed
this way we can get the details from the saved games and you can focus on the broader stuff like planning and such, should reduce the writing time a bit
at any rate it's another resource for all of us to share more info about the way we play and learn from it
thx

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 4
RE: saved games as aar's - 1/6/2011 11:34:56 PM   
unclean

When I finish my current game I'll upload it for you, I'm playing as some warmongering Naxxilians. It's been a blast so far, just give a few days since it's a 1000 star galaxy.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 5
RE: saved games as aar's - 1/7/2011 8:16:48 AM   
Data

niceee, thx guys

(in reply to unclean)
Post #: 6
RE: saved games as aar's - 1/7/2011 8:27:49 AM   
sbach2o

There is Matrix' FTP server were people should upload their games documenting problems:

Where to Upload Save Files

I didn't try this yet, but it should be possible to download existing saves from there? If so you can help yourself (unless someone from on Matrix plaeds to not waste their bandwidth).

Most of these should document normal gameplay, and regarding my own saves, there should be nothing gamebreaking in them (with one or two exceptions that do not load). One problem, though, is that many of the saves there are for older game versions and it is not always readily apparent for which.

< Message edited by sbach2o -- 1/7/2011 8:28:06 AM >

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 7
RE: saved games as aar's - 1/7/2011 8:47:53 AM   
Data

good ideea, sbach2o
don't know why I always assumed that for us the ftp is for uploading only..that is the intent
but if it's ok to download also I'll give it a try
thx

(in reply to sbach2o)
Post #: 8
RE: saved games as aar's - 1/7/2011 7:41:02 PM   
Data

i took a quick look through some of the uploaded saves and info and i have to say that along with Elliot's brilliance and Erik's first hand support we also have a great community which provides quality feedback. All the elements that should blast this game well in front of the rest

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> saved games as aar's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI