Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Player question German

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> New Player question German Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Player question German - 8/5/2010 1:56:18 AM   
ool

Trying to change around production at factories but I see no way to do it. Changed production from computer to human. How as the German in the 43 campaign does one effect changes to what various factories produce or are going to produce in the future? Thanks in advance for any helpful hints or replies.

Post #: 1
RE: New Player question German - 8/5/2010 9:41:17 AM   
klausjuszak

On the main screen select 'Production List'. Then you get a list with all Factories. If you select one (for example Arado Rathenow) a new option will appear on the top of the screen named 'Change'. Click this and you can change the production to anything you like.

(in reply to ool)
Post #: 2
RE: New Player question German - 8/5/2010 1:06:11 PM   
ool

Thanks. I was trying to do this in the introductory one day scenario and the change option didn't come up there.

Interesting I played the one day as the American. Shot down 31 Luftwaffe fighters. Totally destroyed the French ball bearing factory and got the message at the end that in effect I had failed miserably. Program is on crack! That kind of result I would be thrilled on a daily basis!

(in reply to klausjuszak)
Post #: 3
RE: New Player question German - 8/5/2010 3:05:23 PM   
klausjuszak

That's not entirely true. You have to consider the whole Area of Operations. With serviceable german planes in the thousands it is not very bad to loose 31 fighters a day. There are more replacements than that per day. Also if you only destroy one factory per day, then you will certainly loose. There is no terror bombing, not enough industrial damage and not enough air superiority to even make a tiny tiny tiny dent in the Luftwaffe.

(in reply to ool)
Post #: 4
RE: New Player question German - 8/5/2010 3:07:39 PM   
Hard Sarge

look though the forum, there are a few posts with a lot of details on how production works, screen shots of what to do and what not

intro is a do or die setup, knocking out one factory is not what was planned or needed, they wanted, expected to knock out the whole production line, the French Targets were added in after the fact, and are more a different way to do it (you say, you knocked out one, there are two large ones there, and even those two will not be enough for a win)

(in reply to ool)
Post #: 5
RE: New Player question German - 8/6/2010 3:54:04 AM   
Dobey455

Also bear in mind that the 1 day introductory mission has a very specific goal. It's not enough just to fly a "Good" mission, you need to pound the ball bearing factories. This is more important than AC losses or kills.
The French BB factory is tiny. You need to hit the big ones, which means a trip to Schweinfurt. You'll take plenty of losses but if you wipe out one or two of the factories it will more than compensate for that.

You'll have pretty limited options. Try using the bombers in two groups (One division to each group prehaps) and use timing and routes to try to minimize the numbers of fighters directed towards each stream.

(in reply to ool)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> New Player question German Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI