Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Heroes of Motherland Campaign Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Heroes of Motherland Campaign Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Heroes of Motherland Campaign Question - 12/6/2000 11:43:00 AM   
Grimm

Sorry if this has been asked before but I checked the old posts and didn't see it. I am playing the second battle of the Heoroes of the Motherland campaign - Orel-Tula Crossroads. The initial description said it was a river crossing. In-game it says advance. When I looked at the map while purchasing units, it showed about 5 neutral victory hexes in the center of the map. Now its turn one and I don't see any victory hexes (yes, they are turned on). Am I to take the description literally and try to cross the river by games end? I am confused because I have never seen a mission without victory hexes. Thanks in advance! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Update! I exited the program and restarted it. Now the 5 or victory hexes show up! Very strange. (Running v4.4) Still, do I need to cross the river? Thanks again. [This message has been edited by Grimm (edited December 06, 2000).]

Its what you do
and not what you say
If you're not part of the future
then get out of the way
Post #: 1
- 12/6/2000 6:49:00 PM   
Fredde

All you need is to capture your victory hexes.. that usually keeps you from ending up in the Gulag

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

(in reply to Grimm)
Post #: 2
- 12/6/2000 11:24:00 PM   
Warrior

Most of the time with a river crossing, if you move your troops into the river, they will suddenly tun into assault boats, which turn back into troops on the other side (unless, of course, the game designer already supplied boats that your need to board).

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Grimm)
Post #: 3
- 12/7/2000 1:42:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Grimm, the text at the beginning of the battle says: "The junction of the Orel and Tula Highways must be kept from advancing German columns enroute to Moscow. You are to attack the enemy forces and drive them back." Your task in that battle is not to cross the frozen river but to protect and control the crossroads. The five objectives are all 21 stacked into five piles. Take and hold those and you will win. ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Grimm)
Post #: 4
- 12/7/2000 3:49:00 AM   
Kluckenbill

FWIW I also noticed that in 'Utah to the Rhine' there is a battle that is called a River Crossing, but there is no river. Fortunately you can view the map prior to picking your support forces (thanks a lot for that feature) so you don't have to wast points on barges etc. ------------------ Target, Cease Fire !

Target, Cease Fire !

(in reply to Grimm)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Heroes of Motherland Campaign Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI