Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Merry Christmas to all my fellow wargamers! For you, a gift

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Merry Christmas to all my fellow wargamers! For you, a gift Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Merry Christmas to all my fellow wargamers! For you, a ... - 12/11/2000 8:38:00 AM   
M4 Jess Housley

I thought I would follow Wild Bills lead and wish you all a very special Christmas! A scenario has been posted at the scenario depot for December 25th, 1944. For you my friends! Merry Christmas and god bless you all!!!!! M4 Jess Christmas Day found the American garrison at Bastogne surrounded. The Germans marked the day with an assault on the hitherto quite northwestern perimeter-- with Bastogne as their goal. Spearheaded by Kampfgruppe Maucke of the 15th Panzergrenadier Division, the attack pushed off at 0300. They pierced the line of the 327th Glider Infantry and proceeded eastward, while farther to the north Grenadier Regiment 77 of the 26th Volksgrenadier broke into Champs and engaged Company A, 502nd Parachute Infantry. In response to the battle in Champs, Companies B and C of the 502nd were ordered to positions east of the village. Kampfgruppe Maucke split up at down, with the smaller element moving north to bypass Champs where it encountered and destroyed two U.S. tank destroyers at a cost of two tanks. It then unknowingly advanced to a collision with B and C companies. AFTERMATH: The Paratroopers, alerted by the gun duel with the tank destoyers, fell back into the woods from where they soon opened fire, inflicting heavy casualties on the panzergrenadiers and forcing them to dismount. Two more unssuspected TD's opened fire and quickly destoryed three tanks. Two more were knocked out by bazooka fire. One tank penetrated the line only to be destroyed in the streets of Champs by Company A (who never relinquished their hold on the village), and the last withdrew to Hemtoulle where it surrendered after finding that the remainder of the Kampfgtuppe had been annihilated there. Yet another--breakthrough--this time just over a mile from Bastonge--had been averted.

I remember the Tigers...poor lost kittys....Here Kitty..kitty
Post #: 1
- 12/11/2000 8:43:00 AM   
Huffy

Hey,...well thank you very much...I'll go get that now. You have a safe and wonderful Christmas too. Huffy

(in reply to M4 Jess Housley)
Post #: 2
- 12/11/2000 12:18:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I love presents! Thanks, Jess!...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games [This message has been edited by Wild Bill (edited December 11, 2000).]

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 3
- 12/12/2000 7:02:00 AM   
Cona

I can't find the scenario ... what's wrong ? Feliz Navidad a todos, Cona.

"War is much too serious to be entrusted to the military." - Tallyrand

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Merry Christmas to all my fellow wargamers! For you, a gift Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI