Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game won't start--please help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Game won't start--please help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game won't start--please help - 12/1/2011 7:33:10 PM   
Javolenus

EDIT: update as of 12 Dec. 2011: still no reply from Matrix. Looks like Korsun Pocket will be the last game I buy from this company.

EDIT: update as of 9 Dec. 2011: Yesterday I generated a support 'ticket' on the main Matrix support page for this problem, but so far I've had nothing back. And so, after 8 days, and after posting on two separate Matrix support pages, I'm still waiting for a resolution.

EDIT: update as of 8 Dec. 2011: I bought this game this game 7 days ago and am unable to make it work. In other words, Matrix has my money but I do not have a playable game. Please could I urge someone to reply to this post? I would very much appreciate a game fix or, failing that, a credit to may account, in order to purchase a game that does work. Many thanks in the hope of a reply.

EDIT: update as of 5 Dec. 2011:

Hi Christopher

There's no need to patch up if you have already obtained v1.12 of the game. I'm afraid i'm out of ideas. You will need to post your issue to the Korsun Pocket technical support forum at http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=88 where our technical support team will be able to assist you further.

Kind Regards

Christian Bassani
Matrix Games

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "christopher summerville" <c.j.summerville@btinternet.com>
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 12:20 PM
To: christianb@matrixgames.com
Subject: Re: Korsun Pocket--just purchased, game won't run

Hi Christian,

Thanks for this.

The game I purchased had a download link for the 1.12b exe, so I already have what I assume must be the updated (patched up) version.

Are you suggesting that I download & install v.1.10 first and then patch it up to v.1.12b? Please advise!

Many thanks again for the reply--very much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Chris

----- Original Message -----
To: christopher summerville
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 11:58 AM

Hi Christopher

Did you update the main game? If not could you update the game from http://www.matrixgames.com/products/238/downloads/ only it seems the issue can be resolved by updating the game in the following order:

1. Patch v.1.10
2. Patch v.1.11
3. Patch v.1.12b

Kind Regards

Christian Bassani
Matrix Games

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2011 6:48 PM
To: christianb@matrixgames.com

Hi Christian,

Many thanks indeed for this--much appreciated.

OK, I updated my graphics card driver and DirectX but the problem still remains. The game's launcher boots up but when I click "Play" I get a CTD plus an error message saying that the following instructions could not be read: "0x029d98f4" and "0x02a03d08".

I have attached XML files that summarise my system specs.

Many thanks again and hope you can help.

Best wishes,

Chris S.
----- Original Message -----
To: christopher summerville
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2011 5:04 PM
Subject: re: Korsun Pocket--just purchased, game won't run

Hi Christopher

I do apologise for the issues you are experiencing. Make sure you have the latest updates for your graphics card, operating system, game (game updates can be found http://www.matrixgames.com/products/238/downloads/) and DirectX (DirectX updater can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35).

Kind Regards

Christian Bassani
Matrix Games

Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 7:40 PM
To: support@matrixgames.com
Subject: Korsun Pocket--just purchased, game won't run

Hi There,

I just bought and installed 'Korsun Pocket' from Matrix (username 'Javolenus'). The game installed OK but crashes when I click on 'Play'. I get an error message saying the program has encountered an error and must close. I have attached a dxdialog document. Please can you help? Many thanks!

Best,

Chris S.
(Original post)

Hi There,

I just bought this game today and it won't start. The game installed OK and I get the launch screen, but when I click on 'Play' the game crashes and I get an error message saying the program must close. My system is Windows XP SP3. Many thanks in advance for help.

< Message edited by Javolenus -- 12/12/2011 7:01:28 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Game won't start--please help - 5/1/2012 3:54:22 PM   
markgreyam

Hopefully it's not too late to attempt to help.

In my case, with an Nvidia 550Ti, I had a very similar problem. The solution appears to imply that the game doesn't play nice in widescreen, as I have a 16:10 monitor and my Nvidia Control Panel settings were set to 'Use my display's in built scaling'.

Assuming you have an Nvidia card, you should have an Nvidia icon in your system tray (near the clock), it's some sort of strange green icon. Click this and in the menu that comes up, select 'Nvidia control panel'. If you don't have the icon in your system tray it will also be in the list of things available in the Control Panel. (Start -> Control Panel -> Nvidia control panel).

On the left hand side you'll have a whole big list of tasks under the 'Display' section, select 'Adjust desktop size and position'.

There is a section about 'Using a resolution lower than my display's native resolution'. If you have 'Use my display's in built scaling' checked, it will try to force Korsun Pocket into widescreen, and KP doesn't appear to appreciate this.

Instead select 'Use Nvidia scaling with fixed-aspect ratio', and while you'll get black borders on your screen, if have the same luck as I do, Korsun Pocket will run fine.

Hope this helps and I hope it's not too late and that you haven't given up on the game.

(in reply to Javolenus)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Game won't start--please help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI