Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug allowing friendly fire - Waterloo game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Battleground Series Support >> Bug allowing friendly fire - Waterloo game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug allowing friendly fire - Waterloo game - 2/27/2011 8:06:31 AM   
stacker

While playing "The Prussians pressure Papelotte" scenario in the Waterloo game I came across a bug. In both the defensive fire and offensive fire phases the software allows Prussian units to fire at their allied Orange-Nassau units and vice-versa. The software does not recognise that these units are on the same side during those phases of play.

Yet during the Allied Melee phase of play the software correctly identifies that they are allied units because it will not allow the player to initiate a melee between Prussian units and an Orange-Nassau unit.

Using the About tab on the menu bar shows that I am playing version 2.01 of the game (although I thought that the only patch available (4 June 2008) on the Matrix games website bought the game up to version 1.01).

Could the developers produce a fix for this snag please.

Paul

I tried to post this in the Napoleonic area of the forum but the link on the forum index page keeps taking me to the American Civil War area of the forum. This seems to be intentional.

< Message edited by stacker -- 2/27/2011 8:51:41 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Bug allowing friendly fire - Waterloo game - 2/28/2011 6:30:54 PM   
Andy Moss

It's a known bug. Sometime folks do get hit in friendly fire incidents. I lost Ney once to that. You'll have to live with it as it's in the engine and Matrix haven't changed that since the original Tiller version.

(in reply to stacker)
Post #: 2
RE: Bug allowing friendly fire - Waterloo game - 2/28/2011 7:52:10 PM   
stacker

Andy,

Thanks for replying.

OK - I'll have to be more careful when I play. I got a bit trigger happy and that's when I suddenly realised that I had just shot at my allies!

Paul

(in reply to Andy Moss)
Post #: 3
RE: Bug allowing friendly fire - Waterloo game - 2/28/2011 8:49:26 PM   
Andy Moss

Oh and something else......if you shoot at your own units to unfix them, that doesn't work! They die and stay fixed.

(in reply to stacker)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Battleground Series Support >> Bug allowing friendly fire - Waterloo game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI