Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign issue ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Campaign issue ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign issue ? - 11/4/2010 2:04:00 AM   
TSkoopCRP

Playing the Grossduetchland linked campaign and something went wrong. At the end of the first battle the game goes to the menu instead of the campaign screen. When I try to resume the campaign it starts back at the begining.

I think what happened is I was starting other campaigns to look at the OOBs. For some reason when the campaign menu has more than 3 campaigns going one gets deleted. So my Linked campaign must have been deleted.

I did save at the senario end, so I just need to know if there is a way to restart the campaign, then overwrite my save to pick up where I left off.
Post #: 1
RE: Campaign issue ? - 11/4/2010 4:41:28 PM   
Jason Petho

Do you have the 1.04 UPDATE installed?

I will try the Grossduetchland LCG tonight to see if I can replicate the issue.

The Campaign files do get overwritten. You would have to restart the campaign and continue from the beginning. If you wanted to start a new campaign in the meantime, I believe you wuold have to change the name of the campaign files and then rename them when you wanted to continue.

There are a few others that know the campaign system better than I do, hopefully they will chime in.

Jason Petho

(in reply to TSkoopCRP)
Post #: 2
RE: Campaign issue ? - 11/5/2010 9:59:11 PM   
TSkoopCRP

I do have the 1.04 update.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
RE: Campaign issue ? - 1/7/2011 7:36:41 PM   
Schanilec

It's been a month and am just love having Campaign Series up and running again. I play while WitP-AE is interphasing. However though I noticed that most of the Campaigns are not working. after click from the first menu into the next that menu shows somewhat scrambled preventing entry into the first scenario. I remember seeing this every now and then with the original series. I just can't figure it out though.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.

(in reply to TSkoopCRP)
Post #: 4
RE: Campaign issue ? - 1/8/2011 4:49:37 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

It's been a month and am just love having Campaign Series up and running again. I play while WitP-AE is interphasing. However though I noticed that most of the Campaigns are not working. after click from the first menu into the next that menu shows somewhat scrambled preventing entry into the first scenario. I remember seeing this every now and then with the original series. I just can't figure it out though.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I believe that is caused from the campain file being saved somewhere else from it should be.

Make sure you have the 1.04 UPDATE installed as this corrects the saving issue.

Either way, make sure the campaign file is saved in the root of the game folder: EAST FRONT\... etc.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 5
RE: Campaign issue ? - 1/10/2011 5:14:05 PM   
Schanilec

Excellent. Thanks.

I wasn't sure if the latest patch was included with the new CD. Just downloaded the patch today.
I did finally manage to get East Front and West Front campaigns to work.
Rising Sun is the only stickler. I'll see if I can find where the campaign.ccl is located so I can get Rising Sun campaigns up and working.

Thanks again.

This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Campaign issue ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI