Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

German 210mm's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> German 210mm's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
German 210mm's - 12/15/2000 10:40:00 PM   
JTGEN

I have been playing a long campaign with germans in 44 and on about 20 battles have not jet seen the germans having 210mm artillery. On the latest computer put in front of the line 4 hexes of mines and a lot of them and keeping my engineers and minetanks alive means a lot of artillery bonbardment. Using 210's like to my knowledge the Germans did would help in crushing the infartry and bunkers guarding the minefield. So is there avilable somehow 210's for Germans

Post #: 1
- 12/16/2000 4:41:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by JTGEN: I have been playing a long campaign with germans in 44 and on about 20 battles have not jet seen the germans having 210mm artillery. On the latest computer put in front of the line 4 hexes of mines and a lot of them and keeping my engineers and minetanks alive means a lot of artillery bonbardment. Using 210's like to my knowledge the Germans did would help in crushing the infartry and bunkers guarding the minefield. So is there avilable somehow 210's for Germans
210mm tubes would not be on call to a battalion commader (assuming 2-3000 pt core). 150mm batteries will pulverise a defending force over its beaten path if called in with los to avoid the halving of casualties. You may as well ask for Karl and Dora for gunfire support, they were so rarely deployed, and used only in seige operations that all fire from them was far above the scale of the game. I played both a long 1930-39 campaign as the Japanese and a WWII campaign as the Germans and only bought artillary for one battle and yet still was able to get decisive wins 90% of the time. Make use of the quirk of the game in that the battle has secure flanks, make your attacks along the edge of the map until you have passed the minefield, it will get you a win every time. This is how blitzkreig warfare was ment to be fought, you bypass the minefields and troops in the center of the map, and attack from the sides and rear. thanks, John.

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 2
- 12/19/2000 12:33:00 AM   
JTGEN

I did get an decisive win on this one as well before. But in my mind thinking the battle as one were you are supposed to go through a fortified line and so no going around. I do now the computer leaves the map edges without mines but do not want to use that for reality reasons. Also when attacking a fortified line there should be no all out frontal attack but putting so much power on one point that the line can be penetrated. So the big guns should be available to the area in question. Also can not really speak of blitzkrieg from germans in Dec 44. It is true that 150mm is enough to smash front line exept for the bunkers and like in this game there was no living soul left to resist exept for the very suppressed bunkers that got flamed. But for reality reasons the Germans should have some 210's available in defend assault battles, but not in others. The finns have heavy artllery available, so why not the Germans.

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 3
- 12/19/2000 2:12:00 AM   
BA Evans

A lot of 'weird' stuff was put in the Finish oob. These are mainly for scenario design. They are the stuff that didn't fit into another oob (German) due to space. BA Evans

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 4
- 12/19/2000 2:18:00 AM   
JTGEN

The finnish stuff should be like that since our equipment was wery warying as it was scraped from warious sources and no standard home made artillery was available. Lots of captured equipment was used and also bought from the germans.

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> German 210mm's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI