Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

retrofit queue questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> retrofit queue questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
retrofit queue questions - 1/14/2011 7:47:51 PM   
Data

Let's say I have 4 ships I wanna retrofit to a new design and I gave the order, then change the design again. The first ship (for the sake of argument let's assume I have only one construction yard at that location) will get the old design or the newer one? How about the rest of them?

Also, let's say that after I've commited them I'm attacked and I need them. Can I safely undock the first one? I think not but I think I can safely undock the rest

This should be easy to test so sorry for asking but I've little time available for the game; fortunatelly, I have enough time to think about it and torment the rest of the community

< Message edited by Data -- 1/14/2011 7:49:02 PM >

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Post #: 1
RE: retrofit queue questions - 1/15/2011 2:22:24 AM   
elliotg

This is fixed in 1.5.0.2 - you can no longer change a design once any ship is pending a retrofit using that design (or if any ships are queued to be built using that design).

This was a source of some rather mysterious bugs, until someone finally explained to me what they were trying to do

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 2
RE: retrofit queue questions - 1/15/2011 9:45:52 AM   
Data

Wow, Elliot, thank you for pointing this out to me; not surprised this is already fixed

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 3
RE: retrofit queue questions - 1/15/2011 10:24:12 AM   
BigWolfChris

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg

This is fixed in 1.5.0.2 - you can no longer change a design once any ship is pending a retrofit using that design (or if any ships are queued to be built using that design).

This was a source of some rather mysterious bugs, until someone finally explained to me what they were trying to do

Out of curiosity, what bugs? I would quite often change designs knowing I had ships en route to retrofit, but I've never noticed anything strange

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core @3.7GHz
2x16 GB Vengeance LPX 2666MHz RAM
MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> retrofit queue questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI