Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet oob's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Soviet oob's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet oob's - 12/7/2000 1:56:00 AM   
Pack Rat

Does anyone know if the encyclopedia is correct for the Soviets? ------------------ Your mine is a terrible thing to lose. Pack Rat

PR
Post #: 1
- 12/7/2000 2:38:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Pack Rat: Does anyone know if the encyclopedia is correct for the Soviets?
I may be going out on a limb, but I think I can state that there are at least one error in every oob. If you think something is wrong let us know and we can all fix it, just this morning I saw that in the Canadian oob, the 3in AA gun comes up as firing a tank mg. thanks, John.

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 2
- 12/7/2000 3:02:00 AM   
Redleg

Soviet OOB has two significant errors I know about: 1. Partisans have sniper rifles which should be taken away. 2. Soviet Guards infantry becomes available in Oct 43 - guards infantry formations prior to Oct 43 are a basket case and need fixing.

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 3
- 12/7/2000 3:10:00 AM   
Warhorse

The Soviet oob is just now getting tackled!! Please post observations for this oob here, thanks. ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 4
- 12/7/2000 3:54:00 AM   
Joe Osborne

I agree with the points Redleg made...PLUS puhleeze reduce the AT strength of the Cossacks....I mean riding on a horse....lighting a bottle of gas then acurately throwing, hitting, and destroying a tank....I know they were ferocious fighters BUT..... Proof of this is when I've played PBEM games against Russians I seem to run into Cossacks and Partisans as much as T-34's Joe Osborne

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 5
- 12/7/2000 4:36:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Joe Osborne: I agree with the points Redleg made...PLUS puhleeze reduce the AT strength of the Cossacks....I mean riding on a horse....lighting a bottle of gas then acurately throwing, hitting, and destroying a tank....I know they were ferocious fighters BUT..... Proof of this is when I've played PBEM games against Russians I seem to run into Cossacks and Partisans as much as T-34's Joe Osborne
The game does seem to make horse cavalry too effective, if real life was like the game they never would have been phased out of service. Japanese lt cavalry owns the jungle, they can keep up with any force retreating away from them, something that AC or tanks can't do. Were there any battles where tanks, partisans and cossacks all took part? I could see two out of the three working together, but they seemed to have different spheres of influence. If you are seeing the same force mix game after game, perhaps your opponent has found a mix of units that works for him. The trick is to plan your response to take advantage of their being in a rut. Knowing what they are fielding as an army ahead of time is 50% towards knowing what they are going to do. thanks, John.

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 6
- 12/7/2000 3:46:00 PM   
Harry

You can buy a rifle squad with the automatic tokarev(?) rifle starting in 1940(?) till 1943 but not beyond.(slot 158) Ok.. I have read a book, and they say that snipers are using this rifle too in 1941, but hole formations ? You can buy Paratroopers in 1941 with RPG-3 (?)..... [This message has been edited by Harry (edited December 08, 2000).]

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 7
- 12/7/2000 5:08:00 PM   
skukko

Horses,mules all with legs adapted can get on the roofs at the houses. This is common, not just sovjets. But it could be nice way to get get Tiger´on the roof...hmm..-I'll try at once : )

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 8
- 12/8/2000 7:41:00 PM   
panda124c

Ok I have a bug for you in the Russian OOB. The Russians receive captured Panzerfaust 100(range 3) between two and three months before the Germans can purchase them. Very frustarating when the Russians have better German weapons than the Germans.

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 9
- 12/8/2000 9:01:00 PM   
Charles22

I suppose this is technically a German OOB bug, and I'm not sure if it's still that way, but what pbear says reminds me of the captured T34s for the Germans. In the Russian OOBs, the T34 shows the sbility to carry an entire Russian sqaud (12), but when the Germans capture it some of the handles must automatically slip off the tank or something, because it no longer will carry 12, and I believe it's 8 or less (in other words, it can't carry a whole German squad). I'm pretty sure I know why this was done, but I don't think the German OOB decision maker realised the silliness of a tank changing hands somehow makes it unable to carry 12 men anymore.

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 10
- 12/8/2000 10:08:00 PM   
amatteucci

quote:

Originally posted by Harry: You can buy a rifle squad with the automatic tokarev(?) rifle starting in 1940(?) till 1943 but not beyond.(slot 158)
This is correct. In late 30s' early 40s'the RKKA was planning to make the new semiautomatic rifle the standard infantry weapon. By 1941 many units (especially in the Ukraine) had them. The outbreak of the war caused large quantities of those rifles to be lost to the German invaders, moreover the necessity of war ruled out such weapon since they were expensive and difficult to manufacture. So after 1941 those rifles were no more produced and the new staple weapon slowly became the realiable, rugged and cheap SMG. Regards, Amedeo

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 11
- 12/8/2000 11:29:00 PM   
Kluckenbill

quote:

Originally posted by Charles22: I suppose this is technically a German OOB bug, and I'm not sure if it's still that way, but what pbear says reminds me of the captured T34s for the Germans. In the Russian OOBs, the T34 shows the sbility to carry an entire Russian sqaud (12), but when the Germans capture it some of the handles must automatically slip off the tank or something, because it no longer will carry 12, and I believe it's 8 or less (in other words, it can't carry a whole German squad). I'm pretty sure I know why this was done, but I don't think the German OOB decision maker realised the silliness of a tank changing hands somehow makes it unable to carry 12 men anymore.
Perhaps they are trying to account for the girth of those healthy schnitzel-fed German youths. ------------------ Target, Cease Fire !

Target, Cease Fire !

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 12
- 12/9/2000 12:41:00 AM   
Charles22

Kluckenbill: You comment reminds me of Sgt. Schultz, which of course reminds me of Werner Klemperer (Klink) dying last night.

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 13
- 12/9/2000 1:01:00 AM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Charles22: I'm pretty sure I know why this was done, but I don't think the German OOB decision maker realised the silliness of a tank changing hands somehow makes it unable to carry 12 men anymore.
'Talking 'bout me ?? Remember - if you flame me, I'll flame you, and maybe I'll flame you anyway ! PS: Seemingly everyone overlooked this up to now, and as I'm not that happy with the carry caps I'll change it with the next version [This message has been edited by Arralen (edited December 08, 2000).]

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 14
- 12/9/2000 3:03:00 AM   
Charles22

Arralen: Actually.....I have mentioned it before, and the whole thing got started by the Russians being given tanks to carry full squads, while the Germans had none. At one time it seems only the Tigers and SGIIIBs (other SGs possibly too) had carrys of 10, but unless I'm mistaken none of the German stuff does now.

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 15
- 12/9/2000 4:41:00 AM   
Warhorse

If I had my choice, I would say to let the carry cap. be what it may, they had certain capabilities, anyone foolish enough to get in my sight with a tankful of infantry, can pay the sometimes heavy casualty rate from fire while mounted?? But, it's not up to me, so.... ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 16
- 12/19/2000 9:07:00 PM   
Ivancito

I hope this is the right thread... I started a Soviet WWII campaign but I was unable to buy any SPAA vehicles. They are listed in the unit selection, but clicking on the button does nothing. This is v.4.4, BTW.

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 17
- 12/19/2000 9:12:00 PM   
Warhorse

Ivancito, that's probably a case of class change, and no formation, or the dates are messed up, at work so can't check for certain, but in my personal version I fixed alot, and seemed to me that was the case, also alot of the tank formations in the misc menu don't work, someone nested too many formations ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Soviet oob's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI