Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anna's War (Small)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Anna's War (Small) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anna's War (Small) - 9/30/2002 9:12:40 AM   
Irinami

OOC: Taking on Redleg's request, I've begun test-playing his Anna's War scenario (Small, all options on except C&C and reduced squads (personal preference).)

Maj. Okezumi Irinami, Imperial Special Naval Landing Forces (discharged), soldier for hire. Currently on contract with the Republican Nationalist forces.

Larrazabal, Sarmiento, Tierno, and Bravo. These are the names that will be written about in the history books in this land, for this battle. These 206 men will be the creatures of legend... all of them will die for the greater glory of the republic... death to the fascists!! Death to the emperor!!

The Ebro River has lead us to Arroyo Seco safe and sound. We--my Pacos and I--have linked up with the Company of regulars and the Russian advisors... I will execute any Fascist who kills one of them instead of torturing the nationalist bastards, I swear it. My one act of compassion.

These fat fascists will take some observation. Intelligence indicates their patrols are regular, if not ranging far enough. Their primary concern seems to be the bridges leading into the city... this will be our decoy. A feigned assault will be thrown by our regular counterparts at these bridges to draw the fascists out onto them for the slaughter. My Pacos and I will swim across the river, something the fascists seem to think is impossible, make some reconnaisance, and swiftly assault areas of weakness. Soft targets--any artillery, for example--will be our focus, followed by securing the courthouse.

Victory will be ours.

Newbies!!
Wild Bill's Tanks at Munda Mini-Campaign. The training campaign for comb
Post #: 1
- 9/30/2002 9:41:27 AM   
Irinami

Gauchos! Caballeros! ... Whatever the hell these backwards people call horsemen, we have seen them! But naught else.

All is quiet in the south, though that is expected. Our feignt on the bridge cannot even be seen from the far bank. Perhaps the feint will have to make some noise...

We have engaged the Nationalist Light Cavalry in the north. We lost two men to one of theirs, but they have fled, while we have gathered important intelligence. Perhaps tables will turn--perhaps this will be the feint. The steep terrain is making our movement slow, and we move slower to conceal our numbers. Time is [I]not[/I] on our side. If two more fascist units come to us, we shall flee across the water and signal our regulars to find cover on our side of the bank.

This may work to our advantage.

Not two, but three more cavalry have swarmed upon us! We have not fled--they have--but we shall return to our bank and prepare for their counter. Let us hope these nationalists are as aggressive as they claim.

Newbies!!

(in reply to Irinami)
Post #: 2
- 9/30/2002 11:11:18 AM   
Irinami

The fighting was fierce, there were enemy ahead but we charged valiantly on. Two squads worth of men fell to their German-supplied weapons, but as many bunkers plus as many of their men fell to our weapons, especially the flog-like sound of our DPMG's (**** the Russians, but bless their guns).

Suddenly there was a deafening snap, a flash of light, and an ominous blue glow.

YARGH!! That vile Kernel 32 has struck again, erasing our efforts (though thankfully our deaths as well) from history! Oh how I despise thee, foul Kernel! Messenger of evil, tell thy master Paige Fault to meet me in hell!!

YARGH!!! :mad: :mad: ... :rolleyes: *Sigh* Bloody Windows.

Newbies!!

(in reply to Irinami)
Post #: 3
- 10/7/2002 9:24:37 PM   
Irinami

Moderators, feel free to nuke this thread. ^_^;

Newbies!!

(in reply to Irinami)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Anna's War (Small) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI