Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bugs in 1.05a

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Storm over the Pacific >> Tech Support >> Bugs in 1.05a Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bugs in 1.05a - 3/6/2011 1:53:45 AM   
Razz1

In 1.05a all land units upgrade for free!

They are frozen for an unknown length of time.

Strength doubles or triples when you upgrade in size from a division to a corps.

These are two bad bugs. Checked the consists files and they are they same as in 1.04 so the bug is behind the scenes.

You should never be able to upgrade for free.
Also the freeze for X number of turns needs to be fixed as it changes the game completely and the player has no idea what is happening or when they will be able to move their troops.
Post #: 1
RE: Bugs in 1.05a - 3/6/2011 2:04:05 AM   
Razz1

I do not see a readme for 1.05. the file contains 1.04 and earlier

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 2
RE: Bugs in 1.05a - 3/6/2011 6:05:43 AM   
tdpyle

When I tried to upgrade a US division to a corps in the first turn of the Pacific scenerio, the game indicated that I needed somewhere in the neighborhood of 26000+ pp's although it appeared that the game was permitting an upgrade. I went ahead and hit the upgrade button anyway. The division did upgrade to a corps (despite not having anything near the indicated cost in the bank) and miraculously, I received the same 26000+ pp's into the bank when the upgrade completed. I found I could spend them just like they were really there. Repairing ships, buying technologies, etc. etc. The US was well on the way to becoming a one-turn powerhouse. Other Allied countries had the same thing going. Unfortunately, the Japs probably did too (I didn't check) so the allied advantage might not have lasted after their second turn. On checking, it appears that this same bug was also in the 1.05 version. It is not in version 1.03. When I ran a quick check of the Chinese scenerio in version 1.05a, I found that the upgrades in that scenerio were "free". Cost zero pp's. No additional pp's put into the bank either. I'm reverting to version 1.03 until the upgrades get straightened out.

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 3
RE: Bugs in 1.05a - 3/6/2011 8:37:34 AM   
doomtrader

We just started to work on the next patch. Please post all the bugs found in the game.

(in reply to tdpyle)
Post #: 4
RE: Bugs in 1.05a - 3/6/2011 12:38:26 PM   
ilovestrategy

My laptop runs on Windows 7. I got a notice saying that my saved games are not compatible with the latest update. 

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 5
RE: Bugs in 1.05a - 3/6/2011 5:14:19 PM   
Razz1

Your errors occurs allot when they change the map or some other parameter in the background.
This statement is true for all manufacturers games. You never know from patch to patch. It depends upon what was fixed.
I confirm your issue, however I do not know if it is WAD for this 1.05a release.

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Storm over the Pacific >> Tech Support >> Bugs in 1.05a Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI