Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A perspective on things

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A perspective on things Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A perspective on things - 12/28/2000 8:34:00 PM   
Hortlund

Hi all. As you might or might not have noticed, I went AWOL the last couple of weeks. The reason to this is very simple. On Christmas day my wife and I was blessed with a young baby boy. Holding that little kid in your hands sure puts things in perspective. Not to worry though, I dont think I'll ever give up wargaming, so I'll return here soon. Well...I just wanted to let you all know. Steve

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..
Post #: 1
- 12/28/2000 10:49:00 PM   
AmmoSgt

Congrats Panzer on the reinforcements..just remember while reinforcements can raise your morale they come with very low experience ratings heheheee Blessings on You and Yours

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 2
- 12/28/2000 11:02:00 PM   
Charles22

But they do have very high maintenance.

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 3
- 12/28/2000 11:14:00 PM   
David F. Wall

They're the best excuse I know to be up all night. Congratulations! DFW

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 4
- 12/28/2000 11:22:00 PM   
jwarrenw13

Another great reason I switched from board games to computer games -- rugrats. The first time my toddling daughter, now 9, decided to "play" ASL, I knew it was time to give up on board games. By the way, with a new baby boy, watch out for the opportunity fire attacks when you have him on his back changing his diaper.

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 5
- 12/28/2000 11:40:00 PM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by JW: Another great reason I switched from board games to computer games -- rugrats. The first time my toddling daughter, now 9, decided to "play" ASL, I knew it was time to give up on board games.[snip]
In an effort to teach counting and math to my first grade son, I dragged out my 30 year old copy of Panzerblitz and set up a small scenario. He had to count by twos to move where there was a 2 MP per hex movement rate, add the attack ratings of several units, etc. He loved it and did not even realize that he was doing math. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one. OK, maybe just a bit faded.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 6
- 12/28/2000 11:44:00 PM   
Charles22

Larry Holt: Kind of sounds like the "Hooked on Phonics" gimmick. Hey, there you go.... How about an SPWAW teaching tool, called "Hooked on Math"? [This message has been edited by Charles22 (edited December 28, 2000).]

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 7
- 12/30/2000 12:37:00 AM   
jwarrenw13

quote:

Originally posted by Larry Holt: [QUOTE]Originally posted by JW: Another great reason I switched from board games to computer games -- rugrats. The first time my toddling daughter, now 9, decided to "play" ASL, I knew it was time to give up on board games.[snip]
In an effort to teach counting and math to my first grade son, I dragged out my 30 year old copy of Panzerblitz and set up a small scenario. He had to count by twos to move where there was a 2 MP per hex movement rate, add the attack ratings of several units, etc. He loved it and did not even realize that he was doing math. [/B][/QUOTE] Actually not a bad idea. Now that my daughter is old enough to try not to eat LT Stahler's game piece, I do have some board games that I haven't sold. It might be interesting to try to see if she likes them. She does like games like Mastermind and Clue. And I did get her interested in tennis and running, MY favorite activities.

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 8
- 12/30/2000 3:05:00 AM   
Wild Bill

My warmest congratulations to you and your lovely wife, Panzerjager. I hope the two of them are doing well. I'm sure you are. There is no experience like it in the world. I went through your experience 6 times (yes, six kids ) and I can tell you it is wonderful. You won't always think so, but when they are grown and gone, you will . I'm very greatful to God that my six survived my parenting and turned out to be pretty good people. Four guys and two dolls, and all are alive, healthy, not in jail and working to support their own families. I can't ask for more than that! Forgive an old man for waxing proudly about his heritage Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games [This message has been edited by Wild Bill (edited December 29, 2000).]

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 9
- 1/5/2001 8:02:00 AM   
MindSpy

quote:

Originally posted by Panzerjaeger Hortlund: Hi all. As you might or might not have noticed, I went AWOL the last couple of weeks. The reason to this is very simple. On Christmas day my wife and I was blessed with a young baby boy. Holding that little kid in your hands sure puts things in perspective. Not to worry though, I dont think I'll ever give up wargaming, so I'll return here soon. Well...I just wanted to let you all know. Steve
You lucky son of a gun mindspy

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A perspective on things Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI