Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Progress

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Progress Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Progress - 12/8/2002 10:40:17 PM   
DavidW75

Just curious as to how things are coming along. It's been pretty quiet around here lately
Post #: 1
- 12/9/2002 6:22:38 AM   
IronManBeta

I continue to grind along relentlessly day by day, but it feels a little like Verdun right now - lots of action to report but progress measured in yards rather than miles!

We had concentrated on the user interface and core game elements first and that gave us something of the illusion of fast progress back in the summer. Paris was nearly in sight and we hoped to be playtesting by year end! Then came the autumn mud and the eternal friction of software development and reality reasserted itself. For the last six weeks we have been bogged down in static trench warfare well short of our goals.

Happily that period appears to be nearing an end. The scenario editor which has been the bane of my existance is now more or less ready to see the light of day and that will greatly ease the other bottlenecks re coding, posting, testing, documenting, and posting - you know, the fun stuff. With my mobility restored I expect to start making much better progress on more fronts again.

I was looking at the old screen shots earlier today and vowing that we have to get a new set up. I'll ask David Heath (long may he prosper!) and see what he says. The big items beyond that are coding internet play and making the new edition of the AI. The original AI was a gem but we can do a lot better 20 years afterwards. The rest of the team will start in on the final art and killer sound FX, scenarios, and maybe help me with the documentation - that other bane of my existence.

David is not interested in half-baked games. Please be patient and I think you will be happy with the result.

Cheers all, Rob.

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 2
- 12/9/2002 12:21:14 PM   
DavidW75

:cool: Patience is thankfully one virtue I do have. Although new screenshots are always welcomed :D
Speaking of scenerios, are you opened for any suggestions on scenerios, because I can think of some, and I'm sure others can too.

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 3
- 12/10/2002 6:00:48 AM   
IronManBeta

It is a little early yet for concrete scenario ideas but not by much. We will engage the grognards here and pick your brains - never fear!

- Rob.

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 4
- 12/10/2002 9:18:23 AM   
byron13

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RobertCrandall
[B]I continue to grind along relentlessly day by day, but it feels a little like Verdun right now - lots of action to report but progress measured in yards rather than miles!

We had concentrated on the user interface and core game elements first and that gave us something of the illusion of fast progress back in the summer. Paris was nearly in sight and we hoped to be playtesting by year end! Then came the autumn mud and the eternal friction of software development and reality reasserted itself. For the last six weeks we have been bogged down in static trench warfare well short of our goals.[/B][/QUOTE]

Well, as the Frogs learned, the war won't be won until the Yanks arrive - namely me - to beta test!

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 5
- 12/10/2002 11:06:38 AM   
DavidW75

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RobertCrandall
[B]We will engage the grognards here and pick your brains - never fear!

- Rob. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh no.....where did I put that thing :eek:

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Progress Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI