Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/7/2020 1:28:00 AM   
Rusty1961

Okay, I don't think this would be difficult-one just inputs the results into WitE2.

WitE2 can generate a tactical battle for Steel Panther's III-or the new SP IV-and the players fight it out.

Most of us loved SP III and probably will love SP IV.

Post #: 1
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/7/2020 6:08:48 AM   
Chris21wen

As pointed out, WitE is huge with many battles per turn. It would take a long, long time to play through a single turn.

I don't see why some programing genius could not create some software to do what you suggest but I don't think it's something I'd do more than once or twice. Also, once completed you have to somehow get the reults back into WitE that make sense. Been a longtime since I played SP3 (never played SP4 didn't know it existed) but I don't think the result of its battles match the requirements of WitE battles either.

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 2
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/7/2020 7:31:02 AM   
Hanny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rusty1961

Okay, I don't think this would be difficult-one just inputs the results into WitE2.

WitE2 can generate a tactical battle for Steel Panther's III-or the new SP IV-and the players fight it out.

What you think, and reality are very different things. Go and learn how to code and get back to us, till then, please stop spamming the board with your childish thoughts.

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 3
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/7/2020 12:54:27 PM   
Rusty1961

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hanny

quote:

What you think, and reality are very different things. Go and learn how to code and get back to us, till then, please stop spamming the board with your childish thoughts.

Wow! Feel the hate...coming in strong.

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 4
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/7/2020 12:55:44 PM   
Rusty1961

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

As pointed out, WitE is huge with many battles per turn. It would take a long, long time to play through a single turn.

I don't see why some programing genius could not create some software to do what you suggest but I don't think it's something I'd do more than once or twice. Also, once completed you have to somehow get the reults back into WitE that make sense. Been a longtime since I played SP3 (never played SP4 didn't know it existed) but I don't think the result of its battles match the requirements of WitE battles either.

And I'll point it out again-it is an option you don't have to engage in.
Since you don't want to do it why deny others that option?

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 5
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/7/2020 3:04:08 PM   
Hanny

quote:

Wow! Feel the hate...coming in strong.

Go and learn how to code and get back to us, till then, please stop spamming the board with your childish thoughts.

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 6
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/7/2020 3:06:04 PM   
Hanny

quote:

When you provide it as a mod, people can decide if they want it as an option, till then stop filling the board with childish requests.

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 7
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/7/2020 3:45:13 PM   
Rusty1961

quote:

quote:

When you provide it as a mod, people can decide if they want it as an option, till then stop filling the board with childish requests.

I'm sorry you feel so insecure over such a simple request. Do you usually strike out at people whom make such requests?

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 8
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/7/2020 7:26:33 PM   
Repsol

I'm sorry...but you don't seem to understand that this is not a simple request !!!!
It will most likely require years of development...
For one thing...developing an AI that will be able to handle hundreds of units on the tactical map...is no small task.
Speaking of the maps...how should those be generated ?
It will be massive work for something that very few will ever use...it might sound good and all to make it...options to use...but the simple fact is that the feature will need to be sellable ! Wich it will not be !!!

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 9
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/8/2020 1:02:45 AM   
Rusty1961

quote:

ORIGINAL: Repsol

I'm sorry...but you don't seem to understand that this is not a simple request !!!!
It will most likely require years of development...
For one thing...developing an AI that will be able to handle hundreds of units on the tactical map...is no small task.
Speaking of the maps...how should those be generated ?
It will be massive work for something that very few will ever use...it might sound good and all to make it...options to use...but the simple fact is that the feature will need to be sellable ! Wich it will not be !!!

Have you not played Steel Panthers in the past?

(in reply to Repsol)
Post #: 10
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/8/2020 1:40:47 AM   
Technopiper

quote:

Steel Panthers? A squad/vehicle level game to resolve battles for War in the East? I'm sorry but I agree with Hanny: you're out of your mind. If you love SP just keep playing it.

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 11
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/8/2020 1:44:57 AM   
Rusty1961

quote:

ORIGINAL: Technopiper

quote:

Steel Panthers? A squad/vehicle level game to resolve battles for War in the East? I'm sorry but I agree with Hanny: you're out of your mind. If you love SP just keep playing it.

I don't think you read my scaling idea. Not sure why people are so threatened by an "option". No one holds a gun to your head saying you have to play it, but you are acting like it.

(in reply to Technopiper)
Post #: 12
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/8/2020 6:27:42 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

quote:

Bit harsh

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 13
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/8/2020 8:20:16 AM   
Hanny

quote:

I'm sorry you feel so insecure over such a simple request. Do you usually strike out at people whom make such requests?

Im sorry you think and post like a child, its a request no adult should make, it involves vast amounts of work for next to no reward. When you provide it as a mod, people can decide if they want it as an option, till then stop filling the board with childish requests.

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 14
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/8/2020 8:22:02 AM   
Hanny

quote:

I don't think you read my scaling idea.

People are painfully aware of the childish incompetence in your idea/s.

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 15
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/8/2020 8:23:48 AM   
Hanny

quote:

Bit harsh

Not at all. Its both proportionate to the childish level of the content it directed at, and accurate.

< Message edited by Hanny -- 11/8/2020 9:30:02 AM >

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 16
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/8/2020 8:58:04 AM   
Technopiper

quote:

I don't think you read my scaling idea. Not sure why people are so threatened by an "option". No one holds a gun to your head saying you have to play it, but you are acting like it.

I'm not threathened by your option. Great deeds are often achieved by people with outrageous ideas, Columbus comes to mind, and you could be one of those people. But Columbus didn't ask other to do it for him, he set sail. So maybe you aren't one of those great people with outrageous ideas, though you certainly act like one.

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 17
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/8/2020 6:10:08 PM   
Rusty1961

quote:

ORIGINAL: Technopiper

quote:

I'm not threathened by your option. Great deeds are often achieved by people with outrageous ideas, Columbus comes to mind, and you could be one of those people. But Columbus didn't ask other to do it for him, he set sail. So maybe you aren't one of those great people with outrageous ideas, though you certainly act like one.

If you think only programmers should be heard from then so be it. I'm not a programmer-I just wanted to say what I wanted.

(in reply to Technopiper)
Post #: 18
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/8/2020 8:13:27 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

quote:

Bit harsh

Not at all. Its both proportionate to the childish level of the content it directed at, and accurate.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but there's no need to be quite so obnoxious about it. I don't like the idea, it wouldn't work and basically said so but did not use the offensive language you used.

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 19
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/9/2020 1:40:31 AM   
Rusty1961

quote:

quote:

Im sorry you think and post like a child, its a request no adult should make, it involves vast amounts of work for next to no reward. When you provide it as a mod, people can decide if they want it as an option, till then stop filling the board with childish requests.

I hope you had a good weekend. God knows if we sat down over a couple of beers and talked about our favorite games I don't think you'd be so vituperative.

Let' chalk-up your negative attitude to the anonymity the internet has to offer. Agreed?

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 20
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/9/2020 8:18:00 AM   
Hanny

quote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but there's no need to be quite so obnoxious about it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, i agree. The problem is when you share your opinions they invite comment, pointing out the facts is neither being obnoxious or offensive.

quote:

I don't like the idea, it wouldn't work and basically said so but did not use the offensive language you used.

You are not me, dont except to tell me to be you, its almost like you dont think everyone is entitled to express their opinion but do as you dictate, and only be offended when you say they are.

< Message edited by Hanny -- 11/9/2020 8:25:47 AM >

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 21
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/9/2020 8:22:52 AM   
Hanny

quote:

I hope you had a good weekend. God knows if we sat down over a couple of beers and talked about our favorite games I don't think you'd be so vituperative.

Let' chalk-up your negative attitude to the anonymity the internet has to offer. Agreed?

Same to you and stay covid free, go Raiders.....

Lets chalk it up your ignorance, to a lack of education and genetic limitations.

< Message edited by Hanny -- 11/9/2020 11:44:06 AM >

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 22
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/9/2020 12:01:48 PM   
Rusty1961

quote:

quote:

Same to you and stay covid free, go Raiders.....

Lets chalk it up your ignorance, to a lack of education and genetic limitations.

Typical. Enjoy being locked down.

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 23
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/9/2020 9:06:53 PM   
ajds

Who plays tactical? I think we should have a first person shooter element, where the player can join a unit and play it out. We should track every cartridge, bullet type, ration, nationality of every individual involved (so the language is correct). Call of Duty, Battlefield, one of those. Medal of Honor was great too (dating myself). This is exactly what a strategy game needs.

In all seriousness, if you like steel panthers, play steel panthers. Or Panzer General - which by the way has a recent upgraded version available on this very website.

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 24
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/10/2020 8:38:01 AM   
Hanny

quote:

Typical.

The problem was and still is your childish posting. So you expecting me to ignore the actual problem, and wanted me to agree it was not the problem and agree with you that i am the problem instead, is indeed typical of your childish thinking.
quote:

Enjoy being locked down.

Who does not enjoy going to funerals?.

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 25
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/10/2020 3:16:19 PM   
Repsol

Rusty 1961...I guess that you are already familiar with the Graviteam tactics series of games..
But if your not...check them out. I think they are right up your alley...
Another option to try your idea could be to invest in Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin made by Battlefront. Get yourself familiar with how the quick battle system works and set up a HUGE quickbattle and play that...I don't think that even the huge option will give you big enough forced to be fully correct to simulate a WITE battle...but maybe somewhat close...
Play that game to the end and then considder that you might need to play 5-10 simular battles for each turn you play in WITE...
The results will obviously not be importable into WITE...but it will most likely make you see that your idea might not be all that feasable in WITE...

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 26
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/10/2020 11:29:04 PM   
Sammy5IsAlive

Hi Rusty. Sadly I think the 'two scale' idea you are suggesting is unworkable (at least in terms of using WITE as the 'higher scale').

I have replied to your post in the suggestions thread about combat reports - I do think you might find the WITW combat reports (I assume they are doing similar in WITE2) more immersive and less 'arbitrary' - https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2788580&mpage=28&key=�

As an aside reading through some of the previous posts from others the phrase 'if you've got nothing nice to say say nothing at all' comes to mind. The world already has enough negative vibes going around at the moment without us adding to them over computer games.

< Message edited by Sammy5IsAlive -- 11/10/2020 11:46:03 PM >

(in reply to Repsol)
Post #: 27
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/11/2020 12:25:31 PM   
horza66

Surprised to see no-one has mentioned has mentioned Steel Division and its Bagration-set sequel. Quite good fun, though not much depth. If you want a WW2 version of Total War, that scratches the itch.

Actually I was reminded of the old Combat Command tabletop which had a Bathtub Barbarossa campaign - it divided all the forces by 25, so the Germans ended up with ~3 Infantry Divisions and a Panzer Division, and we ran it with a team on each side. We never did reach the winter though...

(in reply to Sammy5IsAlive)
Post #: 28
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/12/2020 12:17:38 PM   
Rusty1961

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sammy5IsAlive

Hi Rusty. Sadly I think the 'two scale' idea you are suggesting is unworkable (at least in terms of using WITE as the 'higher scale').

I have replied to your post in the suggestions thread about combat reports - I do think you might find the WITW combat reports (I assume they are doing similar in WITE2) more immersive and less 'arbitrary' - https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2788580&mpage=28&key=�

As an aside reading through some of the previous posts from others the phrase 'if you've got nothing nice to say say nothing at all' comes to mind. The world already has enough negative vibes going around at the moment without us adding to them over computer games.

Very good, Sammy! Agreed on the "negative vibes". Life is too short to be angry!

(in reply to Sammy5IsAlive)
Post #: 29
RE: Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV - 11/12/2020 12:31:19 PM   
Rusty1961

quote:

quote:

Typical.

The problem was and still is your childish posting. So you expecting me to ignore the actual problem, and wanted me to agree it was not the problem and agree with you that i am the problem instead, is indeed typical of your childish thinking.
quote:

Enjoy being locked down.

Who does not enjoy going to funerals?.

hello Hanny!

Hope you're dealing as well as can be expected with the lockdown. Man that really sucks.

1. I don't care if you agree with anything anyone says.

2. I expect nothing of you.

Have a good weekend!

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tactical Component: Idea...Steel Panthers III or IV Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI