Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PCO game play video request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> PCO game play video request Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PCO game play video request - 4/5/2011 7:49:56 PM   
general_solomon

Hello,

I am have been waiting for quite awhile for this new mega patch. Now that we are so close to release, can we have a full gameplay AAR on youtube.

this will help showcase the game and give us fans something to watch while we wait.

thanks
Post #: 1
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/5/2011 8:35:38 PM   
Firebri

A video at this time would be so good.

(in reply to general_solomon)
Post #: 2
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/5/2011 9:01:44 PM   
rickier65

i tried to record some short scenes last week, but neither of the screen recording software pkgs I tried would record the game screen on my computer. Some others have been able to get some vid recordings though. I also tried FRAPS and it seems to work, but I don't have it on my system.

thanks
rick

(in reply to Firebri)
Post #: 3
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/5/2011 10:01:25 PM   
spellir74

Friday. (For me at least.)

Post #: 4
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/6/2011 4:50:35 AM   
general_solomon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

i tried to record some short scenes last week, but neither of the screen recording software pkgs I tried would record the game screen on my computer. Some others have been able to get some vid recordings though. I also tried FRAPS and it seems to work, but I don't have it on my system.

thanks
rick

fraps is free but i am not sure if you can use it as a retailer? again, If someone can do it with audio commentary and maybe do a full campaign it would be better than a prime time tv.

also, this method could be used on all your other games. AAR's are great to read but Video AAR's is the way of the future.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 5
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/6/2011 5:02:25 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: general_solomon

quote:

thanks
rick

fraps is free but i am not sure if you can use it as a retailer? again, If someone can do it with audio commentary and maybe do a full campaign it would be better than a prime time tv.

also, this method could be used on all your other games. AAR's are great to read but Video AAR's is the way of the future.

Maybe I was looking at a different FRAPS, but it looked like I could only do 30sec clips and they had a fraps watermark, unless I purchased it.

Thanks
rick

Post #: 6
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/6/2011 6:29:29 AM   
general_solomon

I think its well worth the price when you can make all the recordings you want without any time limits. this way your team could use it for other titles.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 7
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/6/2011 7:03:39 AM   
rickier65

quote:

I think its well worth the price when you can make all the recordings you want without any time limits. this way your team could use it for other titles.

You're probably right, but I think I may be the only one that has a problem using CamStudio or Camtasia to make game recordings. And I'm not very good at making vids in anycase, and I know I couldn't do justice to an AAR in that format. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else post some short vids of some game action in the coming weeks though.

Thanks!
Rick

Post #: 8
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/6/2011 4:53:41 PM   
general_solomon

i beg to differ rick, you are wargammer and can do better than some guys out there doing a Video's for theatre of war and close combat. also have seen your AAR's so dont sell yourself short.

they only reason i tolerate watching them is because there is nothing out there.

anything you guys can do for us would be greatly appreciated but please dont make it 1 or 2 minutes. we want a full battle recorded or even a campaign. Now that would be awesome.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 9
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/6/2011 5:22:15 PM   
Ratzki

And while we are on the subject, does anyone know if there is going to be a 3rd installment of the MapMaker Howto video?

Post #: 10
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/6/2011 6:13:56 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

And while we are on the subject, does anyone know if there is going to be a 3rd installment of the MapMaker Howto video?

yep - someone knows!

Actually, yes, there are actually several more MM vids on my list. Interestingly enough, I can record MM vids using Camstudio and Camtasia, even though I cant get the in-game vids. (well, I haven't tried lately, but I used to be able to record them).

But yes, More MM vids are expected, and if I can get the game recording working, a vid on how to set up and play PBM will be coming out as well.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 11
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/25/2011 11:48:42 PM   
rickier65

I just saw this vid of PCO posted on you tube. Seeing the aerial photo, and then the way the game looks for that area is pretty neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bmwRU7x1PU

Thanks
rick

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 12
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/26/2011 4:13:40 AM   
Mobius

quote:

I bought FRAPS this weekend. It works fine.
What do you want to see?

Post #: 13
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/26/2011 5:44:18 AM   
jinchoung

oooooo.... taking requests!

howabout.... small company vs. company engagement with full on combined arms tactics in a bombed out town?

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 14
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/26/2011 6:23:04 AM   
general_solomon

awesome, a good mix of infantry and Armor. hopefully a full battle played to the end. I just love VAARs.

looking forward to a couple of VAARs. Anything really, just as long we get to see pco in action.

(in reply to jinchoung)
Post #: 15
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/26/2011 6:30:47 AM   
general_solomon

quote:

I just saw this vid of PCO posted on you tube. Seeing the aerial photo, and then the way the game looks for that area is pretty neat.

Thanks
rick

is there a full stalingrad campaign? if you can represent the railstation, why not the whole city and its outskirts.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 16
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/26/2011 6:58:37 AM   
rickier65

quote:

quote:

Thanks
rick

is there a full stalingrad campaign? if you can represent the railstation, why not the whole city and its outskirts.

The railway station is Mobius' creation. I think it took quite a bit of his time (and skill) to create those arhitectural renderings using scaled drawings of some of the actual buildings. There are a couple of battles in Stalingrad, but not a full campaign.

thanks
rick

Post #: 17
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/26/2011 2:55:10 PM   
Mobius

quote:

Why, not? All it takes is more modders and time. I'm just kicking it off by doing the station. Maybe if enough people get inspired and creative we can finish the rest of the city.

Here are your plans:
http://www.wwii-photos-maps.com/home_page_008.htm

Post #: 18
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/26/2011 3:03:30 PM   
general_solomon

Here are your plans:
http://www.wwii-photos-maps.com/home_page_008.htm

now this would be a large undertaking. I guess this would be best suited for a pco module?

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 19
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/29/2011 10:37:33 PM   
general_solomon

will we still a gameplay AAR before release. the weekend is here and i was hoping to enjoy a ostfront AAR.

Post #: 20
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/29/2011 11:16:44 PM   
Enigma6584

quote:

will we still a gameplay AAR before release. the weekend is here and i was hoping to enjoy a ostfront AAR.

I agree...please give us more Mobius...or anyone out there who can create additional video. I'd like to see some infantry vs. infantry action is possible.

Post #: 21
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/30/2011 1:33:38 AM   
Mobius

I'm working on it. I've spliced together all the action for 10 game minutes and now working on the narrative to explain what is going on as you aren't seeing my orders.

< Message edited by Mobius -- 4/30/2011 1:34:27 AM >

(in reply to Enigma6584)
Post #: 22
RE: PCO game play video request - 4/30/2011 6:28:10 PM   
junk2drive

I just previewed Mobius video. Good job.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 23
PCO game play video - 5/1/2011 12:58:01 AM   
Mobius

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rskPrgvl04I

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 24
RE: PCO game play video - 5/1/2011 1:34:12 AM   
HintJ

Thanks for the video. I think J2D did a great job on the sounds.

Wow, we totally play PC differently. How about maybe just a few seconds of bino view of when a armored unit kills another, or perhaps a quick bino view from a squad advancing into the mess.

"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do."
- Savielly Tartakower

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 25
RE: PCO game play video - 5/1/2011 1:36:12 AM   
Yoozernamemember

It looks better and I look forward to playing it again.

(in reply to HintJ)
Post #: 26
RE: PCO game play video - 5/1/2011 3:08:44 AM   
Ratzki

I would not mind seeing the close combat/hand to hand in that one house a lilttle zoomed in. I could see some small explosions, but would like to see the new graphic sequence for hand to hand.

(in reply to Yoozernamemember)
Post #: 27
RE: PCO game play video - 5/1/2011 4:04:21 AM   
Gerry4321

Hello:

Thanks for the VAAR. However, I am not sure it highlighted the improvements in PCO? Maybe show a summer scenario so that the improved terrain and vehicle models can be highlighted. Might to be better to just post snippets rather than a full VAAR? Where you could choose some close-ups to highlight certain features.

Thanks,

Gerry

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 28
RE: PCO game play video - 5/1/2011 5:05:13 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gerry

Hello:

Thanks for the VAAR. However, I am not sure it highlighted the improvements in PCO? Maybe show a summer scenario so that the improved terrain and vehicle models can be highlighted. Might to be better to just post snippets rather than a full VAAR? Where you could choose some close-ups to highlight certain features.

Thanks,

Gerry

When the Demo is released, it will have a summer map/battle.

thanks
rick

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 29
RE: PCO game play video - 5/1/2011 5:10:27 AM   
junk2drive

Would you be disappointed if I told you there is no grand Hollywood animation for hand to hand combat?

Sorry but it is still abstracted. The troops are kneeling, shooting and throwing grenades. And some yelling. Nothing to get excited about.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> PCO game play video request Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI