Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Odd suppression

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Odd suppression Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Odd suppression - 12/22/2000 12:25:00 AM   
JTGEN

I am getting weird suppressions when playing against US. Now in several battles as Germans and as Soviets 2 of my tanks in many rounds have gotten suppression of 88 to 98. Units show that they have been fired at but they have not. In fact there has not been any fire at all in one case as I was defending and did not show my positions yet. Closest bombardment was about 20 hex away. Also usually if there was unit in the adjacent hex it had no suppression at all. When playing with Finns and Germans against Soviets i never had anything like this.

Post #: 1
- 12/22/2000 1:50:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I've seen that too, as well as a couple of other gamers. I'm looking for the cause of it. No success yet. It is rare, but it does occur. I hope it has been dealt with succesfully in 4.5 Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 2
- 12/22/2000 2:15:00 AM   
Charles22

As noted, I saw the same thing in the WF campaign, but I know I've seen something else screwy too, but just can't recall it. Anyway, this may seem an unnecessarily detailed question, but has anyone noticed whether with the radical increase in suppression, if it's affected the unit performance, such as the status of the unit changing to 'routed'(I was fortunate enough to rally mine all the way up)? It seems to me, only guessing here, that the status had not changed, but only the suppression level (this was in v4.4). This may be peculiar to the scenario-driven campaigns, though, because I don't remember it doing it on the regular campaigns. Of course, I know for sure that the only times I had saved a game, went to something else (say the internet), then returned to SPWAW without dropping SPWAW in-between, and then reloading the save, was when I started playing WF. As I said before, there is a game I know of, that if you do what I did with saves, it does weird stuff to the game. The explanation I heard, for that other game (BTR) was that Windows doesn't clear out the memory, entirely of the saved game, when you go to reload it, which as I see it is sort of a strange explanation, because, to apply the same principle to this game, would mean that some of my units had 99 suppression when they did not. OTOH, perhaps the 99 suppression would've been some data from the enemy that warped onto one of my units. In any case, I'm certain that I haven't seen this happen in v4.4 apart from the WF campaign.

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 3
- 12/22/2000 2:15:00 AM   
skukko

Maybe it is because those smilies had bazookas, which work as rockets and sounds like 88Kwk. I would be affraid too mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 4
- 12/22/2000 3:35:00 AM   
Don Doom

I also had a jumbo sherman, which was third in line of jumbo's. No income fire of anykind. Was suppressed 99? This was in the battle for the three hills in U. to Rhine. Don

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 5
- 12/28/2000 9:32:00 PM   
JTGEN

"Good" to see this not happening just to me. Reducing suppression was like it is usually and when this happened to me with Russians my tanks fleed showing their back to attackers but where not destroyed but fired. Also weird was that this came to my best units. With Germans it affected my two elite King Tigers and with Soviets two guards T44's. These happened all on campaigns that the computer made Finns 44, Germans 44-45 and Soviets vs US/GB 45-47.

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Odd suppression Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI