Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wargaming Paleontology

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wargaming Paleontology Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wargaming Paleontology - 12/29/2000 10:00:00 AM   
Panzer Capta

I found my old copy of "Kampfgruppe" today and couldnt resist getting out the old Tandy 1000 computer and giving it a try. It was much like what i imagine a paleontologist would experience if Jurassic Park really existed. I am sure many of you guys remember this game.

Post #: 1
- 12/29/2000 10:40:00 AM   
Joe Osborne

I ran that puppy on my old Amiga 1000. LOVED it! Grigsby game I believe...and one of the best to come down the pike in the 80's. It's amazing what he was able to accomplish technologically at that time. Joe Osborne

(in reply to Panzer Capta)
Post #: 2
- 12/29/2000 10:45:00 AM   
Flashfyre

Another great one was "Tanks". Graphics were simple, like the old cardboard pieces, but the gameplay was good. Best part was the choice of eras: WWI to Present. ------------------ The Motor Pool http://www.geocities.com/aurion_eq/index.html?976419304550 [email]kmcferren@cvn.net[/email]

The Motor Pool http://www.geocities.com/aurion_eq/index.html?976419304550 [email]kmcferren@onemain.com[/email]

Post #: 3
- 12/29/2000 10:48:00 AM   
Panzer Capta

Wasnt there one named "Tigers in the Snow" also.........think i had that one too.

Post #: 4
- 12/29/2000 5:15:00 PM   
bbbf

Ahhhhhhh Kampfgruppe! Many, many hours, many, many delayed assignments for university! You can get it at underdogs if you want to see what Grigsby got up to years ago

Robert Lee

Post #: 5
- 12/29/2000 8:16:00 PM   
marklaker

I think most of us have forgotten wargames gathering dust in the dark recesses of our computer desks and attics. But what truly amazes me is you still have your Tandy 1000! Are you gathering artifacts for a time capsule? Marklaker

Post #: 6
- 12/29/2000 9:22:00 PM   
DoubleDeuce

Thats funny. I have an old ARMY buddy who still has his Amiga. He still plays Kampfgruppe, Typhoon of Steel, Panzer Strike and countless others. He thinks they are the best thing ever. Been trying to talk him into getting a PC for the last 5 years. His responses to my urging he get one are: "They cost too much!" (he is a little tight when it comes to spending money) and "The government will spy on me through it!" Oh well, you can only do so much :-) ------------------ "Double Deuce on the Loose"

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wargaming Paleontology Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI