Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

stuck in the mud

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> stuck in the mud Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
stuck in the mud - 9/29/2002 9:05:57 PM   
philip

if a vehicle is stuck in the mud, will the addition of infantry or engineers speed up the recovery of the vehicle? thank you
Post #: 1
- 9/29/2002 10:04:14 PM   
Supervisor

No, it's immobilization will remain until the crew passes enough experieince checks to get it unstuck. Sometimes it could take a few turns other times it make never get unstuck.

(in reply to philip)
Post #: 2
- 9/29/2002 11:09:32 PM   
Irinami

That's a pretty good idea, though. ^_^

Newbies!!
Wild Bill's Tanks at Munda Mini-Campaign. The training campaign for comb

(in reply to philip)
Post #: 3
- 9/30/2002 2:35:29 AM   
philip

Thank you gmenfan and irinami, I appreciate the help.

(in reply to philip)
Post #: 4
- 10/10/2002 1:50:54 AM   
Jim1954

gmenfan, would the proximity of an 0 level unit in good condition , that the stuck unit is subordinate to , increase the speed of these experience checks or have a positive impact on the outcome?

(in reply to philip)
Post #: 5
- 10/10/2002 4:53:45 AM   
Capt. Pixel

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jim1954
[B]gmenfan, would the proximity of an 0 level unit in good condition , that the stuck unit is subordinate to , increase the speed of these experience checks or have a positive impact on the outcome? [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this too. It seems to me that I've had better success getting movement-immobilized vehicles running when my A0 was adjacent. But, maybe it was just coincidence.

"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to philip)
Post #: 6
- 10/11/2002 12:02:04 AM   
Jim1954

I can never tell. By the time my immob vehicle gets free, if it does, my A0 is usually further away than effective intervention range which is 5 hexes, I believe. Page 80 of the manual says this under Ammunition. Actually it says "HQ units" and refers to morale benefits. I wonder if it includes other benefits also such as repairs etc?

(in reply to philip)
Post #: 7
- 10/11/2002 12:20:16 AM   
Jim1954

Alittle bit more reading and a little bit more illumination. Page 68 states, under Rally, that the effective range is 3 hexes if not in radio contact ,not 5. Is it 3 for rally and 5 for others?:confused:

(in reply to philip)
Post #: 8
- 10/11/2002 5:13:47 AM   
Supervisor

The best I can make out of the conflicting info, is that during unit firing an HQ unit has to be within 5 hexes for the unit to receive a morale booster(pat on the back, confidence booster), but during the rally/experience check(the unit is under some type of duress if they have to perform these checks), formation leaders and HQ have to be 3 hexes away(as an extra security blanket so to speak). Remember many out of the ordinary actons of a unit are based on several factors, experience of the unit, surpression, and the luck of the die. Having an HQ unit nearby under all situtations helps increase the capabilities of it's existing unit's/formation, this becomes most critical when playing with C&C on as units might not even move if they don't have a radio unless the HQ unit is nearby.
I don't have a cut and dry answer but in my experince under ever type of scenario/situation style or country, having a nearby HQ benifits the entire formation, especially units less than 100%.

(in reply to philip)
Post #: 9
I tend to use C&C a lot... - 10/11/2002 10:34:48 PM   
challenge

I found that unit movement itself never seems to be a problem. When a unit is out of contact it can't change stance or get a new objective, but they seem to move just fine -- even better when routing. :rolleyes:

I've noticed that units within 5 hexes of the formation 0 unit seem to get slightly better odds on assaults and such, but trying to keep track of all the detail stuff is tough when I'm yelling at the computer for firing a half dozen units at a single squad. Does anyone know if Command units effects are cumulative, or if you just get the effect of one 0 unit?

Challenge

War is unhealthy for die-stamped cardboard and other paper products.

(in reply to philip)
Post #: 10
- 10/11/2002 10:46:47 PM   
Jim1954

from what I can tell from Mr. Manual, on pp. 76 , it looks like that the unit will draw it's "orders " first from it's immediate cdr: ex unit C1 draws from C0 until it's expended(C0) ,then from B0 ,if C0 was in contact with B0, then A0, if B0 is in contact with A0, *amn this is too complicated to type out.... I don't think you can use more than 1 at a time.

(in reply to philip)
Post #: 11
- 10/15/2002 3:24:12 AM   
challenge

You can't get past them either...

If you need three C&C Points and unit C0 has 2 points left, it can't draw from B0 until it uses the two it has. So you have to eat them (change stance and repeat) so you can get the three points you need to change objectives from the next higher command.

It's not the C&C I was asking about though: If I have C0, B0 and A0 all with in 5 hexes of Squad C2, will C2 go through all of the 0 units to see if it can assault a AFV? It does it when you're rallying units, and I was wondering if each of the command units effect the moral or other checks units make separately, collectively or sequencially as in rally.

Sorroy that I wasn't clear.

Challenge

War is unhealthy for die-stamped cardboard and other paper products.

(in reply to philip)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> stuck in the mud Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI