Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best small scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Best small scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best small scenarios - 12/30/2000 12:39:00 AM   
jwarrenw13

Right now, during the Christmas holidays, I have lots of time to play SPWAW, so I'm working my way thru a campaign. Sometimes, however, I like to sit down and play a scenario thru to finish in an hour or less. So I'm wondering what you think are the best SMALL scenarios in the game or available for download. I like some of the Tiger scenarios. What are some others? Thanks.

Post #: 1
- 12/30/2000 2:44:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Some smaller "quick play" scenarios are listed as such in the MATRIX SPWAW game depot. But here are some you probably already have in your game. Others here you will have to retrieve from the depot. Scen000 The Tutorial Scen015 Castle Hill Scen016 Bushmasters Scen040 Across the Wire Scen042 Wittman's Rampage Scen052 The Real Thing Scen069 Surprise on the Steppes Scen083 The Rag Tag Boys Scen090 Hospital Heroes Scen094 Bloody Tank Testing Scen105 Lions of Ethiopia Scen107 What to Do? Scen108 The Dirty Work Scen116 Mounted Mountain Men Scen117 Dawn Recon Scen129 Desperate Measures And two quick play campaigns that are relatively short are: Preparing the Way Tulagi I like a short one every now and then too, JW! Wild Bill Scen118 A Marine Moment Scen126 Panzers Forward ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 2
- 12/30/2000 3:02:00 AM   
jwarrenw13

Thanks. I made a copy of your list and plan to keep it by the computer.

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 3
- 12/30/2000 5:11:00 AM   
BlitzSS

Two other real short ones are: >Car d As-40(SFFF) >Jungle Rats or try a short/medium sized (by the way WB one of my favorites to answer an aother forum question)try Buffalo Soldiers another neat varible is to play Alamein the Beging but only play the Italian front.

"Nuts"

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 4
- 12/31/2000 2:02:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Thanks Blitz, Buffalo Soldiers has always been one of mine too. Glad I could be of help, JW! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 5
- 12/31/2000 7:30:00 PM   
marklaker

"Chindits" is another fine scenario that doesn't take too long to complete. Marklaker

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 6
- 1/1/2001 1:00:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Great Minds, huh? Another one I love to play. These are really sleepers. They get skipped over by a lot of folks because they are not the "glamorous" battles (Bulge, Normandy, Wittmann, etc), but for challenge and fun. they work well. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 7
- 1/1/2001 11:26:00 AM   
Don

Hi JW, I would suggest (since I made them ): Roadblock at Elst - Short, fast infantry battle, available at Scenario Depot - search for "Elst". Tigers in the Garden - same map as above but with Shermans, Tigers and Panthers going at it. Available at Fabio's great site: http://fprado.com/armorsite/spwaw_scenarios.htm#Don Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Best small scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI