Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Just bought the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Just bought the game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Just bought the game - 8/4/2011 8:17:56 PM   
goulash

Hi all

I never really played too much of Panzer Generals but I did play them as a kid and did enjoy them. I have played lots of strat games but just stumbled accross this and immedietly bought to bring back memories.

It has just been installed and I have not tried it yet so I will report back in a bit to see if I got hooked. Hope this game expands and expands :)
Post #: 1
RE: Just bought the game - 8/6/2011 6:16:48 PM   
Apollo1967

Hope you enjoy it. I'm loving it! I wish more game publishers would see the wisdom in reviving some of the older PC games whose main appeal was addictive gameplay rather than flashy graphics.

(in reply to goulash)
Post #: 2
RE: Just bought the game - 8/6/2011 11:42:22 PM   
Longasc

Seconded. No graphics and no gigantic budget can beat a better idea, and unfortunately I saw a decline of strategy and war games over the years that was NOT funny! :(

Glad we have Panzer Corps. If you want to support another smaller studio that also released a great game, give "Sins of a Solar Empire" a try. PC and Sins are my favorite strategy games at the moment.

(in reply to Apollo1967)
Post #: 3
RE: Just bought the game - 8/7/2011 2:31:46 AM   
Footslogger

Well Longasc... If you like sims..maybe you would like Freespace 2 SCP. Its on the Hard Light Productions Website and it could be free.

(in reply to Longasc)
Post #: 4
RE: Just bought the game - 8/7/2011 2:34:03 AM   
Apollo1967

Or for that matter, Space Rangers 2 Reboot, the game I'm currently playing along with PC.

(in reply to Footslogger)
Post #: 5
RE: Just bought the game - 8/7/2011 3:15:31 AM   
Footslogger

In addition, www.gog.com sells classic pc games that you can't get in the store anymore.

< Message edited by Footslogger -- 8/7/2011 3:22:23 AM >

(in reply to Apollo1967)
Post #: 6
RE: Just bought the game - 8/7/2011 12:19:13 PM   
ccsdc83

I don't regret my purchase at all. I have only really played strictly online so far. It's a great system they have setup where I can play and then go back to finish up another turn when I get time. I have met some really nice people already though no matter who wins or loses it's good fun with a certain few.
I hope we get more expansions in the future and I hope the modding community keeps going strong looking forward to some custom stuff.

Post #: 7
RE: Just bought the game - 8/7/2011 7:56:00 PM   
Longasc

No - "Sins" is a RTS, I didn't play any kind of "Sim" for ages.

Post #: 8
RE: Just bought the game - 8/7/2011 8:52:21 PM   
histgamer

Huge fan of Panzer General, also played Allied General and Panzer General 3D but there was something about the first, Panzer General that was just the best of all the games in the series. I will probably pick this up next paycheck in two weeks. 

(in reply to Longasc)
Post #: 9
RE: Just bought the game - 8/9/2011 3:31:55 PM   
goulash

Well I have now played a couple of games both single player and Multiplayer. I love the way the multiplayer turn is handled via email notification.

I really am enjoying the game and cant wait till it expands and expands.

This has to be one of the very few game purchases where the initial release is not riddled with bugs and by the time they get patched up, the game could be bought for £4.99. Out of box, it plays grea IMHO and can only get better.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 10
RE: Just bought the game - 8/12/2011 5:37:05 PM   
Byeohazard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Footslogger

In addition, www.gog.com sells classic pc games that you can't get in the store anymore.

Thats how I heardabout panzer Corps. Was reading about Panzer General 2 on the forums and this game was mentioned. Picked up the boxed/digital package for 49 bucks and feel very happy with my purchase!

Post #: 11
RE: Just bought the game - 8/14/2011 7:50:29 PM   
nukkxx5058

Just bought the game too. Having good fun doing the tutorial :-) it reminds me the good time I had playing PG2 [didn't play PG1]. Well done Slitherine !

(in reply to Byeohazard)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Just bought the game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI