Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Flesh & Steel at Munda

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Flesh & Steel at Munda Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flesh & Steel at Munda - 10/25/2002 11:01:54 AM   
RayM

Continuing the humbling lessons of applying combined arms in the jungle, I just finished working my way through Wild Bill's Flesh and Steel 3-battle campaign. If you want to learn how and why you should keep your infantry close to your armor and stop sending your M3A1's "hey diddle up the middle," then this is your scenario. Tough, very tough and you don't have many M3A1s to work with either.

Not surprisingly, I had to replay a battle more than once to learn from my mistakes.

Just keep repeating to yourself....keep them togther...don't go running out ahead....just because you can, doesn't mean you should...

Highly recommended!
Post #: 1
- 10/30/2002 11:33:36 AM   
Irinami

AMEN!! I learned so many lessons from that.

1.) Move the infantry ahead to spot the enemy.
2.) Engage the enemy with tanks from a cleared position (id est, a position the infantry have declared is clear of enemy forces).
3.) If the tanks have no targets, use them to assist in the movement of slow, small units (eg, machineguns).
4.) SMOKE is your friend. It's a good thing there are more limited amounts of smoke in this game, lest we become relyant on the Steel Smoke of this game. ;)

Newbies!!
Wild Bill's Tanks at Munda Mini-Campaign. The training campaign for comb

(in reply to RayM)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Flesh & Steel at Munda Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI