Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied TRACOM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Allied TRACOM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied TRACOM - 11/9/2011 4:55:11 AM   
Califvol

Please correct me if I am wrong here, but under the current game there is zero reason for the Allies to remove pilots to go to TRACOM as they are hip deep in pilot replacements. What if for the Allies 80+ XP pilots in TRACOM raise the experience of replacement pilots? This might or might not cause the Ally player to pull experienced pilots out of combat units that in the short run helps the IJN player but by getting more XP in the long run helps the Ally player.

Heck, this might be DOA because of programming it in. Just a thought, not sure this was discussed before.
Post #: 1
RE: Allied TRACOM - 11/9/2011 5:00:20 PM   
TheElf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Califvol

Please correct me if I am wrong here, but under the current game there is zero reason for the Allies to remove pilots to go to TRACOM as they are hip deep in pilot replacements. What if for the Allies 80+ XP pilots in TRACOM raise the experience of replacement pilots? This might or might not cause the Ally player to pull experienced pilots out of combat units that in the short run helps the IJN player but by getting more XP in the long run helps the Ally player.

Heck, this might be DOA because of programming it in. Just a thought, not sure this was discussed before.

The TRACOM feature was added to allow some a-historical flexibility to the IJ player. Previously, IJ players were forced into a "your Pilots are going to suck no matter what" hard coded Experience table that reflected actual WWII events rather than allowing for a player to take care of his valuable corps of fliers.

When we put Pilot training in though it was decided that not allowing the allied player to have the same ability was a. unfair from a play balance perspective and b. a-historical since the allies were VERY good at rotating pilots.

The NEED to do so is more subjective and really up to the level of micromanagement he/she wants in their game. It is possible you could have an in-game experience that might make it necessary, but if historical loss rates are maintained or not even exceeded then no, it isn't necessary as the Allies are flush with well trained replacements.

HOWEVER...if you are an aviation oriented player then you may have fun with this feature and sit your higher scoring aces out and reassemble them later, say for instance to field the first squadron of Corsairs in '43 and really whup up on the Japs!

IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES

(in reply to Califvol)
Post #: 2
RE: Allied TRACOM - 11/9/2011 5:17:58 PM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheElf

quote:

The TRACOM feature was added to allow some a-historical flexibility to the IJ player. Previously, IJ players were forced into a "your Pilots are going to suck no matter what" hard coded Experience table that reflected actual WWII events rather than allowing for a player to take care of his valuable corps of fliers.

When we put Pilot training in though it was decided that not allowing the allied player to have the same ability was a. unfair from a play balance perspective and b. a-historical since the allies were VERY good at rotating pilots.

The NEED to do so is more subjective and really up to the level of micromanagement he/she wants in their game. It is possible you could have an in-game experience that might make it necessary, but if historical loss rates are maintained or not even exceeded then no, it isn't necessary as the Allies are flush with well trained replacements.

HOWEVER...if you are an aviation oriented player then you may have fun with this feature and sit your higher scoring aces out and reassemble them later, say for instance to field the first squadron of Corsairs in '43 and really whup up on the Japs!

That is exactly what I am using Allied TRACOM for. Very handy to keep and quickly find elite pilots, if I want to make elite squadron or just reinforce frontline units experiencing heavy combat.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to TheElf)
Post #: 3
RE: Allied TRACOM - 11/9/2011 8:33:08 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

quote:

quote:

That is exactly what I am using Allied TRACOM for. Very handy to keep and quickly find elite pilots, if I want to make elite squadron or just reinforce frontline units experiencing heavy combat.

Ditto

Hans

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 4
RE: Allied TRACOM - 11/9/2011 10:24:31 PM   
Califvol

quote:

Thank you for the response. Knowing "why" helps explain a lot in this situation.

(in reply to TheElf)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Allied TRACOM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI