Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

So what other games you guys play when not playing DW?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/6/2012 3:04:38 AM   
Antmf_slith

Just curious as to what other 4x games or other types of games you guys play when you need a little break from DW? Let me know looking to buy another game lol...
Post #: 1
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/6/2012 3:10:38 AM   
ehsumrell1

Unfortunately, after Distant Worlds, all I have time for is work, sex and sleep!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Antmf_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/6/2012 3:10:54 AM   
Antmf_slith

lol

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 3
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/6/2012 3:26:01 AM   
Anthropoid

I've been playing Crusader Kings II a lot lately. Before that it was Commander: Conquest of the Americas (I've been getting all my older games reinstalled on my new system)

Rome Total War -- Roma Surrectum 2.5 mod
this gets us back to about summer
Fallout New Vegas
Skyrim

I actually reinstalled 'Pirates!' the other day; amazing how well that game has aged.

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

Post #: 4
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/6/2012 4:16:09 AM   
Darkspire

Civ4 Beyond The Sword and Carnage Heart EZ on my PSX emulator.

Darkspire

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 5
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/6/2012 4:19:02 AM   
Igard

Planetside 2. Lots and lots of Planetside 2.

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 6
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/6/2012 8:14:22 AM   
Haree78

Distant Worlds is the only 4X I have found that is worth repeatedly sinking hours in to.
Apart from DW I play Blood Bowl in online leagues and Mechwarrior Online :)

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 7
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/6/2012 8:37:02 AM   
Blueberry

Did create a post with exactly the very same topic several onths ago. Got thrown out into the general discussion area once it reached 2 pages long.

Discuss ONLY distant worlds!

Been playing assassin's creed 3, hitman: absolution, and some other latest crap. Very very boring indeed. Back to DW already and just after a two-week break. Once a strategy gamer, always a strategy gamer. Playing some 7.62 with blue sun mod for some tactical fix. That's it really. Hate my job.... My mother-in-law a.k.a the world destroyer is visiting us this weekend.

.... .... Wish me luck, guys....

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 8
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/6/2012 8:39:38 AM   
Mad Igor

LoL,SOTS 2,Skyrim,Far Cry 3,AC3,Sims3,Port Royale 3(i'm 2 hardcoded x4),X3:AP,BG:EE,WoT,trying to finish Witcher 2,F3:NW,King Arthur 2 and many more that i just don't care 2 remember anymore,i just want to finish them alrdy.
DAMN WHEN WILL I FINISH AT LEAST ONE GAME,THEY JUST KEEP ADDING AND NEVER OTHER WAY AROUND

< Message edited by Mad Igor -- 12/6/2012 8:41:18 AM >

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 9
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/6/2012 11:45:09 AM   
ravincravin

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

Unfortunately, after Distant Worlds, all I have time for is work, sex and sleep!

Hey Ehsumrell, time to cut back on work, sex and sleep!!!!
Happy upcoming b'day, my alien friend.

After a long stint of playing DW I baught Civ5 Gods & Kings and the expansion, Alien Crossfire to Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. (An oldie classic) Enjoying both very much. And will continue playing those until DW Shadows emerges from the shadows.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 10
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/6/2012 12:24:26 PM   
WiZz

Suffering form bugs in SOTS2 multiplayer mostly...

(in reply to ravincravin)
Post #: 11
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/6/2012 12:41:32 PM   
Antmf_slith

Surprised no one mentioned AI war. Game is a little daunting but very good as you can pause like you can in DW. Its very similar I think in game mechanics as DW. You should check it out. Graphics arent the best but the game play is great as well..

(in reply to WiZz)
Post #: 12
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/6/2012 6:53:49 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravincravin

quote:

Thanks Ravin....looking forward to you being at the party!
Also, you're right, will be heavily into testing 'Shadows' very soon!

BTW...didn't you forget IG2? LOL!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

Post #: 13
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/6/2012 7:28:41 PM   
Gareth_Bryne

Civilization 4 Rise from Erebus, CKDV (also modded), Imperialism aaaand Crawl Stone Soup for breaks...

But not all at once and all the time.

"Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts," - Londo Mollari

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 14
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/6/2012 8:48:50 PM   
Hawawaa

Civ 5 with 2 mods Gem and CivUp. This is in striking distance of being better than Civ 4 and all its expansions. DLL is giving modders the tools to do it.

Sots 2 single during the week and multi on the weekends.

Borderlands 2 Coop with friends once every other week. Planetside 2 once ever other week with buddies. Winter break is a week away!

I had another dead harddrive a few months back. Need to finish Walking Dead.

I am also going through Dragon Age Origins slowly with lots of mods on nightmare. Also Mass Effect 1 Insanity (Will playing all ME games). (I won't finish either until summer 2013)

I got Alpha Centauri complete for 5$ for Christmas. Can't wait to play that.

Oh ya derp Fallen Enchantress too!

School keeps me busy but finals are almost done!

< Message edited by Hawawaa -- 12/10/2012 6:12:25 PM >

(in reply to Gareth_Bryne)
Post #: 15
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/7/2012 1:09:25 PM   
ravincravin

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravincravin

quote:

Thanks Ravin....looking forward to you being at the party!
Also, you're right, will be heavily into testing 'Shadows' very soon!

BTW...didn't you forget IG2? LOL!

You're right Ehsumrell. I also been playing the other real time 4X strategy game, Imperiam Galactica 2. A seldom heard of moldy, oldie that has good ground combat. I played through the campaign on easy for all 3 factions and the Kra'han on normal difficulty level. For some reason the designers made the difficulty level very hard on normal for the campaigns and scenarios.

I recommend to my forum friends to pick this title up if you can find it at reasonable price. It's no DW but it's good for a distraction.

< Message edited by ravincravin -- 12/7/2012 1:20:09 PM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 16
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/7/2012 1:20:56 PM   
Sarissofoi

Master of Orion I mainly.
I get my hands on StarDriver recently and it play well but not great(still its beta and closed so things will be better).
I really wanna try to get into DW recently but lack of real economics/trade and clunky ship design still didn't let me.

Post #: 17
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/7/2012 5:14:21 PM   
MartialDoctor

I'm not playing DW at the moment... waiting until the expansion.

I'm currently playing the War of the Roses, Conquest of Elysium 3 (a surprisingly very fun game), and Crusader Kings II. Switching between these when I have the time...

(in reply to Sarissofoi)
Post #: 18
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/7/2012 7:02:41 PM   
Antmf_slith

Was thinking of purchasing SOTS2 can you tell me how the game is?

< Message edited by Antmf -- 12/7/2012 7:03:42 PM >

Post #: 19
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/7/2012 8:02:42 PM   
Hawawaa

Antmf- http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3215081 and also if your a multiplayer guy its ready, singleplayer can still use some love (every update its gets tweaked). Also won't be a bad idea to grab it on a sale, Steam Christmas sale is coming. Right now its 20$ for the game and expansion (expansion comes free).

Post #: 20
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/7/2012 10:47:34 PM   
Sarissofoi

Its playable but still clunky. AI still dead brain.
No fun. Not fun at all. At last for me.

(in reply to Hawawaa)
Post #: 21
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/7/2012 11:07:35 PM   
Darkspire

I just fired up Oblivion. Done some very serious Modding for Morrowind back in the day and have just picked up the 5th Anniversary Edition for a fiver from Game. Well impressed is not the word, thought Morrowind was good and must admit I had steered clear of Oblivion because of the 'dumbing down' for console owners. Doesnt seem as bad as I thought though.

Still cant pull me away from DW though, time to continue tweaking Darkverse

Darkspire

(in reply to Sarissofoi)
Post #: 22
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/8/2012 8:37:41 AM   
Brainsucker

Play Birth of the Federation. Still dreaming somebody make the sequel. If only we could design our own ship in Birth of the Federation, it will be a perfect game for me.

< Message edited by Brainsucker -- 12/8/2012 8:38:01 AM >

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 23
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/8/2012 4:54:58 PM   
DevildogFF

Stardrive. This game has legitimate potential for the new 4X throne. Watch out!

(in reply to Brainsucker)
Post #: 24
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/8/2012 5:23:55 PM   
Sarissofoi

quote:

ORIGINAL: DevildogFF

Watch out! Pawn of propaganda machine detected!
Resist the hype!
Drink beer instead.

(in reply to DevildogFF)
Post #: 25
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/9/2012 9:46:55 AM   
adecoy95

quote:

ORIGINAL: WiZz

Suffering form bugs in SOTS2 multiplayer mostly...

i know that feel

(in reply to WiZz)
Post #: 26
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/10/2012 5:17:29 PM   
Velihopea

Crusader Kings 2, Hoi3, FTL, Endless Space, CIV5, XCOM, Elemental: FE

(in reply to adecoy95)
Post #: 27
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/10/2012 7:57:08 PM   
Byeohazard

I am still playing Panzer Corps via email++ system...lots of active games all the time (most locked..but if you post one its gobbled up and you have a new gaming friend). Still trying to get ahold on winning Distant Worlds..have watched Das Let's play but I am always in last place..but enjoying the the whole time! Also been playing a goodly amount of Warlock..I really like that one alot!

currently playing: Panzer Corps
learning Distant Worlds

(in reply to Velihopea)
Post #: 28
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/10/2012 8:57:28 PM   
DevildogFF

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarissofoi

quote:

Resist the hype!
Drink beer instead.

That's what I get for BUYING YOU a copy of Stardrive?

It's not propaganda; it is legitimately the best 4X game I've played in years. It is a more streamlined version of DW. I've recently grown an appreciation for DW that I didn't have before - hence why I'm on these forums - but Stardrive has the potential to blow it away.

Stop hating, Sariss. Just because you're a cat doesn't mean you get to be mean ;)

(in reply to Sarissofoi)
Post #: 29
RE: So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? - 12/10/2012 9:32:16 PM   
Byeohazard

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarissofoi

quote:

Resist the hype!
Drink beer instead.

That's what I get for BUYING YOU a copy of Stardrive?

It's not propaganda; it is legitimately the best 4X game I've played in years. It is a more streamlined version of DW. I've recently grown an appreciation for DW that I didn't have before - hence why I'm on these forums - but Stardrive has the potential to blow it away.

Stop hating, Sariss. Just because you're a cat doesn't mean you get to be mean ;)

LOL! can I be mean to you too! Id love a copy too! JK! all in good fun! ya made me actualy put a smile on my face lol! Nice post!
Oh...and you know how those dang cats are! Mind of their own!

< Message edited by Byeohazard -- 12/10/2012 9:33:55 PM >

currently playing: Panzer Corps
learning Distant Worlds

(in reply to DevildogFF)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> So what other games you guys play when not playing DW? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI