Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tweaking Japanese AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tweaking Japanese AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tweaking Japanese AI - 11/23/2011 8:04:04 PM   
Yaab

I wanted to start a new learning game as Allies against Japanese AI, Scen 28, but two issues trouble me.

First, I wanted to play with PDU off, so the campaign feels historical, but now I think this setting might stifle AI too much. From reading different AAR, I see that the PDU on gives a bigger boost to Japanese than Allies. That's ok with me as long as the AI does not build hordes of advanced aircraft well before their historical deployment. So my question to those players who play Japanese AI with PDU on and reached later stages of the campaign. Can I expect reasonable AI performance ( new models appearing i.e sligthly prior their historical release dates)when PDU is on ? I dont want my campaign to turn into a Speer-san fantasy land. I want to give the AI a boost but not too much.

Secon, Sardaukar in his second newbie AAR suggested not to read the SigInt reports to give AI more boost. I like the idea, but it seems too stringent. I thought about checking the reports maybe every 3 or 4 days. Would that give me a sort of historical amount of intelligence the Allies received? Right now, the daily amounts seem too generous.

Thanks for any feedback.
Post #: 1
RE: Tweaking Japanese AI - 11/23/2011 8:30:52 PM   
Andy Mac

PDU = Off is better for the AI - the AI doesnt use PDU = on so if its on the player has an advantage

Sigint is only an issue in 1st 6 months when AI is on attack

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 2
RE: Tweaking Japanese AI - 11/23/2011 8:40:05 PM   
Yaab

Thank you, Andy Mac. To war! 

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 3
RE: Tweaking Japanese AI - 11/25/2011 8:55:35 AM   
Yaab

One more thing. Is AI bound by garrison requirements on normal difficulty?

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 4
RE: Tweaking Japanese AI - 11/25/2011 11:40:07 AM   
Puhis

No. AI don't have to garrison anything.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 5
RE: Tweaking Japanese AI - 11/26/2011 10:41:37 AM   
Yaab

Thanks, Puhis. Does it include Kwantung Garrison? Can AI move the Kwantung divisions en masse to i.e. China and reduce its garrison in Kwantung to less than 8000 AV without actually activating the Soviets? How does that work?

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 6
RE: Tweaking Japanese AI - 11/26/2011 1:42:01 PM   
Puhis

AI don't have restricted units either. Both AIs are going to use restricted units all over Pacific.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 7
RE: Tweaking Japanese AI - 11/26/2011 1:48:05 PM   
oldman45

Yaab there are a couple of things that I do to help the AI which helps the game along.

1) Let the AI take key places it has to take in the first phases of the war. Singapore, Palembang, Rangoon, Ambon, and Rabual. If you don't let the AI take these places, it becomes a turkey shoot as follow on convoys try to drop off support troops and follow up troops.

2) The AI sometimes has ships in the wrong place and the wrong time. If I can let them live for another day I do. There will be plenty of time in late 42 and 43 to launch your counter invasions and take revenge for getting slapped around in 42.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 8
RE: Tweaking Japanese AI - 11/26/2011 4:31:41 PM   
Sredni

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldman45

Yaab there are a couple of things that I do to help the AI which helps the game along.

1) Let the AI take key places it has to take in the first phases of the war. Singapore, Palembang, Rangoon, Ambon, and Rabual. If you don't let the AI take these places, it becomes a turkey shoot as follow on convoys try to drop off support troops and follow up troops.

Include stuff like wake in this list. If the AI wants wake and you defend it successfully you'll end up slaughtering wave after wave of troops in piecemeal. So to avoid "breaking" the ai you should really let it take anything the japanese really took in the war. Limiting yourself to historical type moves early on is best.

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tweaking Japanese AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI