Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any chance a patch will let us customize race victory conditions?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Any chance a patch will let us customize race victory conditions? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any chance a patch will let us customize race victory c... - 12/4/2011 8:49:58 PM   
Darrell999

I guess this is primarily addressed to Erik Rutins, but others can chip in on their thoughts. I'm loving Legends, and I'm really intrigued by all the different race victory conditions....Is there any chance in an upcoming patch that we could choose our own victory conditions instead of having to go with what is offered? (for the race conditions, I mean)

Please consider this--thanks!

< Message edited by Darrell999 -- 12/4/2011 8:50:54 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Any chance a patch will let us customize race victo... - 12/4/2011 9:00:15 PM   
Nedrear

You already can... the list which number is which condition is only missing because the mod guides not the top priority now.
You find it in the race folder. Put it into customisation!

A short list:

Victory Conditions

1: Control your homeworld
2: Control X percent of Your Native colonies in the galaxy
3: Control the X largest X colonies in the galaxy
4: Control the most ruins
5: Control the most population
6: Have the happiest population
7: Control the most homeworlds
8: Build the biggest capital ship
9: Get the most spaceports
10: Get the most mining stations

The X can be replaced by secondary features. You can read them below that section.

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to Darrell999)
Post #: 2
RE: Any chance a patch will let us customize race victo... - 12/4/2011 9:04:33 PM   
Theluin

You can already do that to some extent. Almost at the bottom of the race txt files there are lines that seem to define racial victory conditions but we'll have to wait for the modding guide or do some guessing because the txt file only says what follows
quote:

Victory Conditions 1-5
'Type: 0=None, 1-58 (types defined in Modding Guide)
'Value: value used to modify condition, e.g. percentage threshold
'Proportion of Total: percentage proportion of overall race victory value - all conditions should total to 100%
'Additional Data: any extra info required by condition
'            - PlanetTypes: 0=None, 1=Continental, 2=MarshySwamp, 3=Ocean, 4=Desert, 5=Ice, 6=Volcanic
'            - ShipTypes: 0=None, 1=CapitalShip, 2=Carrier, 3=ResupplyShip
'            - CreatureTypes: 0=None, 1=GiantKaltor, 2=SpaceSlug, 3=SandSlug, 4=Ardilus, 5=SilverMist
'            - ResearchIndustry: 0=None, 1=Weapons, 2=Energy, 3=HighTech
'            - Wonder: 0=None, 1=Universal Hive, 2=Galactic Archives, 3=Lava Palace Resort, 4=Underwater Palace

Looks like Nedrear was faster with his reply

< Message edited by Theluin -- 12/4/2011 9:06:03 PM >

(in reply to Darrell999)
Post #: 3
RE: Any chance a patch will let us customize race victo... - 12/4/2011 9:19:20 PM   
Darrell999

Cool, thanks for the info! I didn't know that.

So if I want to play as the Humans with my own race victory conditions, do I modify that race file, and just put that one file in a folder in the customization folder? So then everything else would be default?

Also, Erik, if this could go in the game itself, that would be awesome! Giving players choices (with an easy and accessible interface) is always a Good Thing!

(in reply to Theluin)
Post #: 4
RE: Any chance a patch will let us customize race victo... - 12/4/2011 9:33:52 PM   
Darrell999

quote:

So if I want to play as the Humans with my own race victory conditions, do I modify that race file, and just put that one file in a folder in the customization folder? So then everything else would be default?

Hmmm... I tried the above and nothing changed. I must be doing something wrong...?

(in reply to Darrell999)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Any chance a patch will let us customize race victory conditions? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI