Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Selection Panel: Hallucination ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Selection Panel: Hallucination ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Selection Panel: Hallucination ? - 12/11/2011 8:43:41 AM   
nukkxx5058

I will try to be as clear as possible so that you can understand my issue ... Let's go: I have the impression that in my first game (this is my second try) when I was for example watching a ship in the "ships and bases screen" and when I clicked on "go to ship" button not only I was sent to my ship on the main view but the selection panel in the bottom left also displayed my ship. And it is not anymore the case. I tried to reload my first game saves but it is still the same: the selection panel doesn't display my ship. I also noticed that there is "lock" button in the selection panel so I thought that he might be the guilty but clicking on it doesn't change nothing (and I can't see whether it's ON or OFF).

So my question is: did I have an hallucination ??

< Message edited by nukkxx -- 12/11/2011 8:44:55 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Selection Panel: Hallucination ? - 12/11/2011 12:19:17 PM   
Gelatinous Cube

It works. It doesn't change to a different icon when it's unlocked (it'll still look like a locked lock) but it does work. However, Distant Worlds sometimes double-clicks when you mean to single-click in excessively large games and that might have done it.

I use the Lock button to keep an eye on colony ships while I shuffle through the paperwork of the empire (mostly just answering popups and messing with the F10 Ledger).

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 2
RE: Selection Panel: Hallucination ? - 12/11/2011 3:32:46 PM   
nukkxx5058

OK for the lock button. Thanks.

But regarding my other concern, when you click on "go to ship" from the ships menu, is the ship displayed in the selection panel or only in the main view ?

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 3
RE: Selection Panel: Hallucination ? - 12/11/2011 3:49:59 PM   
Grotius

"Go to ship," in my experience, simply displays the ship in the main view. If you want to select the ship first choose "select ship," THEN choose "go to ship." If you just choose the latter, the map view switches to the ship, the F10 screen poofs, and you don't have the new ship selected.

That's been my experience, anyway.

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 4
RE: Selection Panel: Hallucination ? - 12/11/2011 4:25:49 PM   
nukkxx5058

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

"Go to ship," in my experience, simply displays the ship in the main view. If you want to select the ship first choose "select ship," THEN choose "go to ship." If you just choose the latter, the map view switches to the ship, the F10 screen poofs, and you don't have the new ship selected.

That's been my experience, anyway.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh ! Great ! "select the ship", that was the key!

Thanks

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Selection Panel: Hallucination ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI