Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Revised Public Beta Now Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Revised Public Beta Now Available! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/26/2011 4:40:32 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

A new beta update is now available in the Members Club. It is available for download if you have registered your game.

If you are comfortable with trying a beta version, please check it a out, and give us any feedback you may have (please keep in mind that it is a beta and thus is not as thoroughly tested to date as an official release).

v2.0.328g Beta – July 22, 2011

• Second Public Beta Update

• Code Changes

1. Regional settings issues should be fixed.
      2. Fixed a bug that could cause the unit’s weapon data to not refresh when cycling between
      units. This could cause a crash if a targeting order was issued with the incorrect weapon.
      3. Light Buildings now reduce firepower by -1. Heavy Buildings reduce firepower by -2.
      There is a chance for incoming fire of all types to completely ignore the protection that
      buildings provide, which scales up based on the penetration value of the incoming fire.
      4. There is now a small chance for incoming HE and HEAT shells to ignore the protection
      provided by trenches and foxholes, reflecting the chance of a shell landing close enough
      for the blast to directly enter the trench or foxhole.
      5. Infantry units that are mounted on vehicles will now not always dismount when
      suppressed. The implementation of this rule is now as follows:
      a. Infantry units mounted on the outside of vehicles, with no protection (i.e. Tank
      Riders) will be more vulnerable to enemy fire and will dismount as soon as they
      are suppressed by incoming fire.
      b. Infantry units mounted in enclosed transports (i.e. Trucks) that are not armored
      will also dismount as soon as they are suppressed by incoming fire.
      c. Infantry units mounted in protected transports (i.e. Halftracks) that are armored
      will not dismount when suppressed. However, if they take casualties and fail a
      morale check, they will dismount.
      6. Artillery animations were sometimes displayed far away from their actual location. A
      bug that caused this has been fixed.
      7. A bug that prevented cupola hits has been fixed.
      8. The targeting logic was not correctly considering all armor locations, which led to a few
      rare issues, especially involving infantry targeting anti-tank guns from beyond close
      assault range. This has been fixed.
      9. The in-game settings now default to have floating icons on, all movement and targeting
      lines on and limit infantry off.
      10. A bug that prevented area fire from working in some cases against infantry in buildings
      has been fixed.
      11. A bug that caused air support to prioritize targets incorrectly has been fixed.
      12. Various issues related to infantry routing and retreating when in buildings, in vehicles or
      pinned and suppressed have been fixed. A few issues still remain, but retreating and
      routing is working much better.
      13. LOD models are now working at about 75% of the range of terrain fade-out. Some visual
      issues with LODs remain and are being worked on, but this should have a positive impact
      on performance.
      14. Some infantry animation issues relating to SOP and firing and walking animations were
      resolved, which should result in more realistic animations for squads.
      15. An issue that could cause tanks to stop auto-targeting their machine guns when the main
      gun ran out of ammunition is fixed.
      16. Quite a few new widescreen resolutions have been added to the initial resolution
      configuration, to better support systems with displays that span multiple monitors.

• Data Changes

17. Major overhaul of all German infantry, including improved uniforms, equipment and
      animations for many units.
      18. Added historical flamethrowers for the Soviet side and the Panzer III flamethrower tank
      19. Fixed an issue with the SIG33 Crew
      20. Added a description for the 88mm FlaK36
      21. Fixed a problem with line of sight and the depth of the tank pits on the Kolomak map and
      updated the Kolomak scenario
      22. Improvements to the Panzer IIJ, Panzer IIIM&L, Panzer IVD models
      23. Improvements to recoil, exhaust and decals on some models
      24. Fixed problems with some start dates for random battles and campaigns for Lend Lease
      vehicles and SS HMG teams
      25. Fixed an issue with AT gun armor values interfering with infantry targeting
      26. Fixed a problem with the Winter version of the Panzerschreck team
      27. Extra heavy artillery is no longer available by default in random battles and campaigns, as
      it could cause balance issues, especially in random campaigns.
      28. Heavy artillery is now less prevalent in random battles and campaigns.
      29. The dates on rocket artillery have been corrected and the cost of rocket artillery has been
      increased.
      30. The German PaK 36 can now be moved by its crew, albeit slowly.

Post #: 1
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/26/2011 6:35:28 PM   
Jacko

Right, let's get to work then. 

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 2
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/26/2011 7:23:21 PM   
sztartur2

I have installed and tried it. In niemirow scenario no paks nor SiG guns are movable. How can that be?

what else is new except the movable pak36 from the previous beta?

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 3
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/26/2011 7:56:34 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: sztartur

I have installed and tried it. In niemirow scenario no paks nor SiG guns are movable. How can that be?

what else is new except the movable pak36 from the previous beta?

I just rechecked. And I was able to issue a move order to the PaK 36s in Niemirow scenario. Can you recheck your installation? In T1 Order phase you should be able to select the CO PaK unit and issue an Engage --> Move order.

Other items that were worked on included some rout and retreat behavior that was not working entirely as intended, work on improving performance through the use of more efficient LODs. Also some infantry animations were fixed and AFVs that run out of ammo will not auto target appropriate targets with their MG. Some additional widescreen resolutions were also added.

thanks
rick

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 4
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/26/2011 9:18:52 PM   
oldspec4

Thank you sirs for the beta...my PaK36 units can now move .

One question though..is the beta compatible w/ saved games? I tried opening a prior save of the 1st Infantry short random campaign a couple of times and had CTDs. Regenerated the campaign w/ the beta and seemed to run fine.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 5
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/26/2011 9:53:48 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldspec4

Thank you sirs for the beta...my PaK36 units can now move .

One question though..is the beta compatible w/ saved games? I tried opening a prior save of the 1st Infantry short random campaign a couple of times and had CTDs. Regenerated the campaign w/ the beta and seemed to run fine.

I thought I had opened some previous saved games with this version, but I did not try a save from a Campaign game.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 6
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/26/2011 10:23:41 PM   
sztartur2

Rick,

Checked Niemirow again. Yes Pak 36 can move applogies for that.(First time I checked a PAK38 in Niemirow.)

BUT.

Pak 38 and SIG guns cannot move. Will they be able to? Later on we have Pak with 50mm and 75mm they also need to be able to move.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 7
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/26/2011 10:35:26 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: sztartur

Rick,

Checked Niemirow again. Yes Pak 36 can move applogies for that.(First time I checked a PAK38 in Niemirow.)

BUT.

Pak 38 and SIG guns cannot move. Will they be able to? Later on we have Pak with 50mm and 75mm they also need to be able to move.

Spellir worked on these for the PaK 36's. We didn't want to hold up this beta patch any longer for other models. We certainly want to do something similar with the Russian 45mm ATG. Making these mobile requires reworking the actual gun model.

thanks!
rick

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 8
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/26/2011 10:46:05 PM   
sztartur2

Any chance to get other ATGs movable? You will have quite a routine to make such a conversion after Pak36 and ATG 45.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 9
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/27/2011 2:49:32 AM   
junk2drive

The existing models have no animations for moving. I was able to work with the 45mm Soviet ATG and get it to use infantry orders, but when it moves, it goes into destroyed position, then reassembles, then glides along the terrain. As Rick stated, someone would have to take each 3D model and add animations and proper crews with animations for every gun. I don't think we would do every gun either as some are too heavy for a crew to move.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 10
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/28/2011 2:56:09 AM   
belljack95

I also found with this beta that my current campaign game would error out. I was playing the 3rd PZ one month campaign. Had just started and was on first mission. Installed this new beta and the campaign game had problems. Specifically if I was closing out an order without selecting it (by right clicking off the popup) then the screen would close. I am using Win7.

I then rebuilt my campaign fresh and everything is working fine with this beta so far.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 11
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/28/2011 3:49:42 AM   
rickier65

Thanks for the information.

It appears that those of you that are in the middle of a Campaign game should not install this Beta patch until you've finished your Campaign.

Thanks
RICK

(in reply to belljack95)
Post #: 12
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/29/2011 3:53:07 AM   
belljack95

Rick - an update. In my new campaign, the 3PZ one month campaign, I got to the second turn and picked up the Pz III Company CO reinforcement, and now I cannot advance the game. The screen closes out back to desktop.

I first attempted to move the Pz III's and selected a bound and then clicked to adjust the bound. Screen closed to desktop.
I next went back in and did not select the Pz III's. I moved my other units and clicked the continue for T2 to process. The system did an AI calc and got ready to move the units and went black and closed to desktop.

I assume the reinforcements I got triggered this as they were not part of T1 and were added in T2 but I do not know. Such is the life of a beta!

I will try and select another campaign and see if the similar issue occurs and let you know. As I get more info I will post in the appropriate bug thread. I appreciate all the hard work of the programmers on this game. I was not having any problem with the base game or the first beta so if I get too much aggravation I will just regress back until y'all fix it.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 13
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/29/2011 4:16:09 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: belljack95

Rick - an update. In my new campaign, the 3PZ one month campaign, I got to the second turn and picked up the Pz III Company CO reinforcement, and now I cannot advance the game. The screen closes out back to desktop.

I first attempted to move the Pz III's and selected a bound and then clicked to adjust the bound. Screen closed to desktop.
I next went back in and did not select the Pz III's. I moved my other units and clicked the continue for T2 to process. The system did an AI calc and got ready to move the units and went black and closed to desktop.

I assume the reinforcements I got triggered this as they were not part of T1 and were added in T2 but I do not know. Such is the life of a beta!

I will try and select another campaign and see if the similar issue occurs and let you know. As I get more info I will post in the appropriate bug thread. I appreciate all the hard work of the programmers on this game. I was not having any problem with the base game or the first beta so if I get too much aggravation I will just regress back until y'all fix it.

Thanks for the update. I'll recheck this as well.

EDIT: was this the 3rd pz Random Campaign? or the 3rd Pz Fixed Campaign?

thanks
rick

< Message edited by Rick -- 7/29/2011 4:17:58 AM >

(in reply to belljack95)
Post #: 14
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/29/2011 5:00:30 AM   
rickier65

quote:

There is a log folder in the game folder. in the log folder are log files named with the format gamelog_7_28_2011.log. Can you check and post the logfile that corresponds to this crash?

Also, If I understand, you installed the 2nd patch over the 1st patch? it should work ok that way, I just want to verify so I can set up same condition. right now my system has just the release version and the 2nd beta patch installed. I'm on the 4th turn of the 1st game in the 3rd Pz random. I'll see what happens in the next game.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to belljack95)
Post #: 15
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/29/2011 4:09:34 PM   
belljack95

Rick.  I am in the office today (instead of working from home) so can't post log file just yet but will find the file and post in this thread this evening when I get home. 

Yes, I installed the 2nd beta on top of the 1st beta. 

The campaign I was using was the Random Campaign for the 3rd Pz Div. Was on first battle.

I played the 7th Pz Random Campaign last night. Completed 7 turns so far on the first mission and there were no issues. There were trucks brought into the mission on T3 or 4 I think and no crash yet. I tried setting movement and then adjusting the truck movement and clicking off of the popup and no issues. I am just guessing that the Pz III reinforcements were the issue with my newly created 3rd Pz random campaign but will get the log file to you ASAP.

< Message edited by belljack95 -- 7/29/2011 4:15:28 PM >

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 16
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/29/2011 5:40:04 PM   
rickier65

quote:

Rick.  I am in the office today (instead of working from home) so can't post log file just yet but will find the file and post in this thread this evening when I get home. 

Yes, I installed the 2nd beta on top of the 1st beta. 

The campaign I was using was the Random Campaign for the 3rd Pz Div. Was on first battle.

I played the 7th Pz Random Campaign last night. Completed 7 turns so far on the first mission and there were no issues. There were trucks brought into the mission on T3 or 4 I think and no crash yet. I tried setting movement and then adjusting the truck movement and clicking off of the popup and no issues. I am just guessing that the Pz III reinforcements were the issue with my newly created 3rd Pz random campaign but will get the log file to you ASAP.

Thanks Belljack. I've played past getting the Pz III reinforcements with no issues on my system, but I'll keep trying to duplicate your problem. If I'm not able to see anything in the log, I might ask you to zip up your campaign files, and I can try playing through it and see if it fails.

Thanks for your help!
rick

(in reply to belljack95)
Post #: 17
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/29/2011 11:36:37 PM   
belljack95

1st Log file that had the game closing out after a black screen and going to desktop.

7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: ******************** New Game *******************
7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: Current Directory: C:\Matrix Games\Panzer Command Ostfront
7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: CodeBase: file:///C:/Matrix Games/Panzer Command Ostfront/PCOstfront.exe
7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: Assembly Name: PCOstfront, Version=3.2.7.33433, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: Managed DirectX:
7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX, Version=1.0.2911.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: Loading Guns...
7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: Loading Armoured Units...
7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: Loading Infantry...
7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: Loading Scenarios...
7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: Loading Campaigns...
7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: Loading Tables...
7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: Assembly Name: Lib, Version=3.2.7.33431, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: Graphics format: X8R8G8B8
7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: DeviceIdentifier: d7b71e3e-4ea1-11cf-036e-0c201fc2c535
WhqlLevel: 0
Revision: 161
SubSystemId: 4318
DeviceId: 3553
VendorId: 4318
DriverVersion: 8.17.12.7533
DeviceName: \\.\DISPLAY1
Description: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430
DriverName: nvd3dum.dll

7/27/2011 3:53:07 PM: Manager Adapter value: 0
7/27/2011 3:53:08 PM: Create device.

7/27/2011 3:53:08 PM: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/27/2011 3:53:08 PM: MultiSampleQuality: 1
PresentationInterval: Immediate
FullScreenRefreshRateInHz: 60
PresentFlag: None
AutoDepthStencilFormat: D16
EnableAutoDepthStencil: True
Windowed: False
DeviceWindowHandle: 0
DeviceWindow:
SwapEffect: Discard
MultiSample: NonMaskable
BackBufferCount: 1
BackBufferFormat: X8R8G8B8
BackBufferHeight: 768
BackBufferWidth: 1024
ForceNoMultiThreadedFlag: False

7/27/2011 3:53:08 PM: Create Flags: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/27/2011 3:53:08 PM: Device Type: Hardware
7/27/2011 3:53:26 PM: Current Token: 120b9f3b6ab433c369aca3a67cda1a32
7/27/2011 3:53:26 PM: Current Level: R1311734268975
7/27/2011 3:56:09 PM: MessageManager.Notify: message = 'LEFT_MOUSE_BUTTON_UP', reference = ''
7/27/2011 3:56:09 PM: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at GameLib.PlayScreen.Viewport.GetPickedObjective(PickRay pickRay)
at GameLib.PlayScreen.Viewport.OnClick()
at GameLib.PlayScreen.Viewport.OnMessage(GameMessage message, Object reference)
at GameLib.PlayScreen.Screen.OnMessage(GameMessage message, Object reference)
at Lib.Messenger.MessageManager.Notify(GameMessage message, Object reference)
7/27/2011 3:56:09 PM: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Lib.Messenger.MessageManager.OnTime(Single dt)
at MainClass.Render(Boolean force)
at MainClass.RenderLoop()
7/27/2011 3:56:11 PM: Program Exited.
7/27/2011 3:56:24 PM: ******************** New Game *******************
7/27/2011 3:56:24 PM: Current Directory: C:\Matrix Games\Panzer Command Ostfront
7/27/2011 3:56:24 PM: OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
7/27/2011 3:56:24 PM: CodeBase: file:///C:/Matrix Games/Panzer Command Ostfront/PCOstfront.exe
7/27/2011 3:56:24 PM: Assembly Name: PCOstfront, Version=3.2.7.33433, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/27/2011 3:56:24 PM: Managed DirectX:
7/27/2011 3:56:24 PM: Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/27/2011 3:56:24 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX, Version=1.0.2911.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/27/2011 3:56:24 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/27/2011 3:56:24 PM: Loading Guns...
7/27/2011 3:56:25 PM: Loading Armoured Units...
7/27/2011 3:56:25 PM: Loading Infantry...
7/27/2011 3:56:25 PM: Loading Scenarios...
7/27/2011 3:56:25 PM: Loading Campaigns...
7/27/2011 3:56:25 PM: Loading Tables...
7/27/2011 3:56:25 PM: Assembly Name: Lib, Version=3.2.7.33431, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/27/2011 3:56:25 PM: Graphics format: X8R8G8B8
7/27/2011 3:56:25 PM: DeviceIdentifier: d7b71e3e-4ea1-11cf-036e-0c201fc2c535

7/27/2011 3:56:25 PM: Manager Adapter value: 0
7/27/2011 3:56:26 PM: Create device.

7/27/2011 3:56:26 PM: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/27/2011 3:56:26 PM: MultiSampleQuality: 1
DeviceWindow:

7/27/2011 3:56:26 PM: Create Flags: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/27/2011 3:56:26 PM: Device Type: Hardware
7/27/2011 3:56:40 PM: Current Token: 120b9f3b6ab433c369aca3a67cda1a32
7/27/2011 3:56:40 PM: Current Level: R1311734268975
7/27/2011 3:59:39 PM: MessageManager.Notify: message = 'LEFT_MOUSE_BUTTON_UP', reference = ''
7/27/2011 3:59:39 PM: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at GameLib.PlayScreen.Viewport.GetPickedObjective(PickRay pickRay)
at GameLib.PlayScreen.Viewport.OnClick()
at GameLib.PlayScreen.Viewport.OnMessage(GameMessage message, Object reference)
at GameLib.PlayScreen.Screen.OnMessage(GameMessage message, Object reference)
7/27/2011 3:59:39 PM: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Lib.Messenger.MessageManager.OnTime(Single dt)
7/27/2011 3:59:42 PM: Program Exited.
7/27/2011 4:05:55 PM: ******************** New Game *******************
7/27/2011 4:05:55 PM: Current Directory: C:\Matrix Games\Panzer Command Ostfront
7/27/2011 4:05:55 PM: OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
7/27/2011 4:05:55 PM: CodeBase: file:///C:/Matrix Games/Panzer Command Ostfront/PCOstfront.exe
7/27/2011 4:05:55 PM: Assembly Name: PCOstfront, Version=3.2.7.33433, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/27/2011 4:05:55 PM: Managed DirectX:
7/27/2011 4:05:55 PM: Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/27/2011 4:05:55 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX, Version=1.0.2911.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/27/2011 4:05:55 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/27/2011 4:05:55 PM: Loading Guns...
7/27/2011 4:05:55 PM: Loading Armoured Units...
7/27/2011 4:05:55 PM: Loading Infantry...
7/27/2011 4:05:55 PM: Loading Scenarios...
7/27/2011 4:05:55 PM: Loading Campaigns...
7/27/2011 4:05:55 PM: Loading Tables...
7/27/2011 4:05:56 PM: Assembly Name: Lib, Version=3.2.7.33431, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/27/2011 4:05:56 PM: Graphics format: X8R8G8B8
7/27/2011 4:05:56 PM: DeviceIdentifier: d7b71e3e-4ea1-11cf-036e-0c201fc2c535

7/27/2011 4:05:56 PM: Manager Adapter value: 0
7/27/2011 4:05:56 PM: Create device.

7/27/2011 4:05:56 PM: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/27/2011 4:05:56 PM: MultiSampleQuality: 1
DeviceWindow:

7/27/2011 4:05:56 PM: Create Flags: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/27/2011 4:05:56 PM: Device Type: Hardware
7/27/2011 4:06:30 PM: Viewing Briefing: 3rd Pz Div the First Month June 23-July 15, '41
7/27/2011 4:06:36 PM: Unit Purchase - campaign: 3rd Pz Div the First Month June 23-July 15, '41
7/27/2011 4:06:36 PM: Unit Purchase - scenario: R1311734268975
7/27/2011 4:06:49 PM: Current Token: 120b9f3b6ab433c369aca3a67cda1a32
7/27/2011 4:06:49 PM: Current Level: R1311734268975
7/27/2011 4:43:37 PM: Program Exited.

Log file from last night where the 3rd Pz also acted up and my newer 7th Pz campaign
7/28/2011 9:15:30 PM: ******************** New Game *******************
7/28/2011 9:15:30 PM: Current Directory: C:\Matrix Games\Panzer Command Ostfront
7/28/2011 9:15:30 PM: OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
7/28/2011 9:15:30 PM: CodeBase: file:///C:/Matrix Games/Panzer Command Ostfront/PCOstfront.exe
7/28/2011 9:15:30 PM: Assembly Name: PCOstfront, Version=3.2.7.33433, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/28/2011 9:15:30 PM: Managed DirectX:
7/28/2011 9:15:30 PM: Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/28/2011 9:15:30 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX, Version=1.0.2911.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/28/2011 9:15:30 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/28/2011 9:15:31 PM: Loading Guns...
7/28/2011 9:15:31 PM: Loading Armoured Units...
7/28/2011 9:15:31 PM: Loading Infantry...
7/28/2011 9:15:31 PM: Loading Scenarios...
7/28/2011 9:15:31 PM: Loading Campaigns...
7/28/2011 9:15:31 PM: Loading Tables...
7/28/2011 9:15:31 PM: Assembly Name: Lib, Version=3.2.7.33431, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/28/2011 9:15:31 PM: Graphics format: X8R8G8B8
7/28/2011 9:15:31 PM: DeviceIdentifier: d7b71e3e-4ea1-11cf-036e-0c201fc2c535

7/28/2011 9:15:31 PM: Manager Adapter value: 0
7/28/2011 9:15:32 PM: Create device.

7/28/2011 9:15:32 PM: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/28/2011 9:15:32 PM: MultiSampleQuality: 1
DeviceWindow:

7/28/2011 9:15:32 PM: Create Flags: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/28/2011 9:15:32 PM: Device Type: Hardware
7/28/2011 9:15:56 PM: Current Token: 120b9f3b6ab433c369aca3a67cda1a32
7/28/2011 9:15:56 PM: Current Level: R1311734268975
7/28/2011 9:20:25 PM: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at GameLib.PlayScreen.Viewport.UpdateObjectives(Single dt)
at GameLib.GameState.GamePlayMachine.FireSegmentExecutionPhase.OnTime(Single dt)
at GameLib.GameState.GamePlayMachine.GamePlayStateMachine.OnTime(Single dt)
at GameLib.GameState.GamePlay.OnTime(Single dt)
at GameLib.GameState.GameStateMachine.OnTime(Single dt)
7/28/2011 9:20:28 PM: Program Exited.
7/28/2011 9:42:49 PM: ******************** New Game *******************
7/28/2011 9:42:49 PM: Current Directory: C:\Matrix Games\Panzer Command Ostfront
7/28/2011 9:42:49 PM: OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
7/28/2011 9:42:49 PM: CodeBase: file:///C:/Matrix Games/Panzer Command Ostfront/PCOstfront.exe
7/28/2011 9:42:49 PM: Assembly Name: PCOstfront, Version=3.2.7.33433, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/28/2011 9:42:49 PM: Managed DirectX:
7/28/2011 9:42:49 PM: Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/28/2011 9:42:49 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX, Version=1.0.2911.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/28/2011 9:42:49 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/28/2011 9:42:49 PM: Loading Guns...
7/28/2011 9:42:49 PM: Loading Armoured Units...
7/28/2011 9:42:49 PM: Loading Infantry...
7/28/2011 9:42:50 PM: Loading Scenarios...
7/28/2011 9:42:50 PM: Loading Campaigns...
7/28/2011 9:42:50 PM: Loading Tables...
7/28/2011 9:42:50 PM: Assembly Name: Lib, Version=3.2.7.33431, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/28/2011 9:42:50 PM: Graphics format: X8R8G8B8
7/28/2011 9:42:50 PM: DeviceIdentifier: d7b71e3e-4ea1-11cf-036e-0c201fc2c535

7/28/2011 9:42:50 PM: Manager Adapter value: 0
7/28/2011 9:42:50 PM: Create device.

7/28/2011 9:42:50 PM: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/28/2011 9:42:50 PM: MultiSampleQuality: 1
DeviceWindow:

7/28/2011 9:42:50 PM: Create Flags: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/28/2011 9:42:50 PM: Device Type: Hardware
7/28/2011 9:43:05 PM: Current Token: 120b9f3b6ab433c369aca3a67cda1a32
7/28/2011 9:43:05 PM: Current Level: R1311734268975
7/28/2011 9:44:59 PM: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at GameLib.PlayScreen.Viewport.UpdateObjectives(Single dt)
at GameLib.GameState.GamePlayMachine.FireSegmentExecutionPhase.OnTime(Single dt)
at GameLib.GameState.GamePlayMachine.GamePlayStateMachine.OnTime(Single dt)
at GameLib.GameState.GamePlay.OnTime(Single dt)
at GameLib.GameState.GameStateMachine.OnTime(Single dt)
7/28/2011 9:45:02 PM: Program Exited.
7/28/2011 9:54:38 PM: ******************** New Game *******************
7/28/2011 9:54:38 PM: Current Directory: C:\Matrix Games\Panzer Command Ostfront
7/28/2011 9:54:38 PM: OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
7/28/2011 9:54:38 PM: CodeBase: file:///C:/Matrix Games/Panzer Command Ostfront/PCOstfront.exe
7/28/2011 9:54:38 PM: Assembly Name: PCOstfront, Version=3.2.7.33433, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/28/2011 9:54:38 PM: Command Line Argument: '/c'
7/28/2011 9:54:38 PM: Managed DirectX:
7/28/2011 9:54:38 PM: Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/28/2011 9:54:38 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX, Version=1.0.2911.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/28/2011 9:54:38 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/28/2011 9:54:58 PM: ******************** New Game *******************
7/28/2011 9:54:58 PM: Current Directory: C:\Matrix Games\Panzer Command Ostfront
7/28/2011 9:54:58 PM: OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
7/28/2011 9:54:58 PM: CodeBase: file:///C:/Matrix Games/Panzer Command Ostfront/PCOstfront.exe
7/28/2011 9:54:58 PM: Assembly Name: PCOstfront, Version=3.2.7.33433, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/28/2011 9:54:58 PM: Managed DirectX:
7/28/2011 9:54:58 PM: Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/28/2011 9:54:58 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX, Version=1.0.2911.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/28/2011 9:54:58 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/28/2011 9:54:58 PM: Loading Guns...
7/28/2011 9:54:58 PM: Loading Armoured Units...
7/28/2011 9:54:58 PM: Loading Infantry...
7/28/2011 9:54:58 PM: Loading Scenarios...
7/28/2011 9:54:58 PM: Loading Campaigns...
7/28/2011 9:54:58 PM: Loading Tables...
7/28/2011 9:54:59 PM: Assembly Name: Lib, Version=3.2.7.33431, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/28/2011 9:54:59 PM: Graphics format: X8R8G8B8
7/28/2011 9:54:59 PM: DeviceIdentifier: d7b71e3e-4ea1-11cf-036e-0c201fc2c535

7/28/2011 9:54:59 PM: Manager Adapter value: 0
7/28/2011 9:54:59 PM: Create device.

7/28/2011 9:54:59 PM: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/28/2011 9:54:59 PM: MultiSampleQuality: 1
DeviceWindow:

7/28/2011 9:54:59 PM: Create Flags: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/28/2011 9:54:59 PM: Device Type: Hardware
7/28/2011 10:02:12 PM: Viewing Briefing: German Mcensk
7/28/2011 10:05:25 PM: Begin Device Resize:
7/28/2011 10:05:25 PM: Begin Device Resize:
7/28/2011 10:05:25 PM: Window3d: Test cooperative level:
7/28/2011 10:05:25 PM: Graphics format: X8R8G8B8
7/28/2011 10:05:25 PM: Trying reset
7/28/2011 10:05:25 PM: Device Reset
7/28/2011 10:05:49 PM: Viewing Briefing: 7th Panzer Div 1941-42 Short
7/28/2011 10:06:20 PM: Unit Purchase - campaign: 7th Panzer Div 1941-42 Short
7/28/2011 10:06:20 PM: Unit Purchase - scenario: R1311908662553
7/28/2011 10:07:14 PM: Current Token: 9e35676297c96a311943eea4e2514491
7/28/2011 10:07:15 PM: Current Level: R1311908662553
7/28/2011 10:50:30 PM: Program Exited.

< Message edited by belljack95 -- 7/29/2011 11:38:44 PM >

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 18
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/30/2011 12:09:41 AM   
belljack95

Rick - I went back and loaded my old save game where I was having trouble in T1. I now have no crash problems playing. Got to T3. Odd. Hope the log file helps but I can't reproduce the issue now. Or at least it is not causing a problem yet. Will keep testing to see if I can get it to occur again.

Thank you for looking into it and if you need more log files let me know.

(in reply to belljack95)
Post #: 19
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/30/2011 4:01:25 PM   
Nemo84

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge

15. An issue that could cause tanks to stop auto-targeting their machine guns when the main

Are you sure this is fixed? Just played a random campaign mission to test the new patch and my Sd Kfz 231 still won't use their MG34s once the main gun is out of HE ammo.

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 20
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/30/2011 7:39:10 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo84

quote:

Are you sure this is fixed? Just played a random campaign mission to test the new patch and my Sd Kfz 231 still won't use their MG34s once the main gun is out of HE ammo.

I didn't test that unit, but I tested one of the tanks, I'll check that unit specifically. In your game, does the 231 have a target that a MG can hurt?

Thanks
rick

(in reply to Nemo84)
Post #: 21
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/30/2011 7:49:04 PM   
rickier65

quote:

Rick - I went back and loaded my old save game where I was having trouble in T1. I now have no crash problems playing. Got to T3. Odd. Hope the log file helps but I can't reproduce the issue now. Or at least it is not causing a problem yet. Will keep testing to see if I can get it to occur again.

Thank you for looking into it and if you need more log files let me know.

That is curious. I see the error message in your logfile but I'm not sure why it's triggering a crash. I"ll make sure I post this to the programmer.

I'm glad your original save is working. It may be hard for us to duplicate. One of the other guys on the Dev team has reloaded and applied both patches to see if that might help duplicate it.

Thanks and make sure you let us know. Also, if it happens again, if you can post the logfile, and upload the scenario and the save game I can try it as well.

thanks!
Rick

(in reply to belljack95)
Post #: 22
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/31/2011 3:53:44 AM   
belljack95

Rick - had another black screen CTD and game closed out to desktop. At least that is what I thought happened. It occured on Turn 10. I was clicking to advance the game and then the screen when black and it closed to desktop but when it closed out it was still running but I did not notice at the time as I assumed it was a CTD. I exited the game launcher and began gathering the log files and save game.

I just went back and noticed the game was still active as there was a minimized icon on my task bar. I clicked on the icon and went back into the game and it was up and running. So something triggered the screen to close out but I dont know what. Odd. Anyhow, I then exited the game and noticed the log file was updated correctly. I did not see anything odd in the log file but I included it below just in case.

This time I was playing the 1st Inf Div Random Long Campaign. On first mission I got to Turn 10. Sadly my save game was only for Turn 1. My log file is below and I have attached the save game and campaign. I had left the game open for a couple of hours and had left the keyboard. Would come back and play a turn or two and then leave for a bit.

I love the game and the detail. Playing with a beta can be pesky but it does not deter me. If you think I should uninstall and reinstall and then either use the earlier beta only or try just the second beta only then let me know your suggestion.

Log file.
7/30/2011 1:34:50 PM: ******************** New Game *******************
7/30/2011 1:34:50 PM: Current Directory: C:\Matrix Games\Panzer Command Ostfront
7/30/2011 1:34:50 PM: OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
7/30/2011 1:34:50 PM: CodeBase: file:///C:/Matrix Games/Panzer Command Ostfront/PCOstfront.exe
7/30/2011 1:34:50 PM: Assembly Name: PCOstfront, Version=3.2.7.33433, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/30/2011 1:34:50 PM: Managed DirectX:
7/30/2011 1:34:50 PM: Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/30/2011 1:34:50 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX, Version=1.0.2911.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/30/2011 1:34:50 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/30/2011 1:34:50 PM: Loading Guns...
7/30/2011 1:34:50 PM: Loading Armoured Units...
7/30/2011 1:34:50 PM: Loading Infantry...
7/30/2011 1:34:50 PM: Loading Scenarios...
7/30/2011 1:34:50 PM: Loading Campaigns...
7/30/2011 1:34:50 PM: Unable to open scenario file '®3rd Pz Div the First Month June 23-July 15, '41.xml'
7/30/2011 1:34:50 PM: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '3rd Pz Div the First Month June 23-July 15, '41' Key being added: '3rd Pz Div the First Month June 23-July 15, '41'
at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add)
at System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value)
at GameLib.BattleEngine.Data.DataDictionary.LoadCampaigns()
7/30/2011 1:34:50 PM: Loading Tables...
7/30/2011 1:34:51 PM: Assembly Name: Lib, Version=3.2.7.33431, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/30/2011 1:34:51 PM: Graphics format: X8R8G8B8
7/30/2011 1:34:51 PM: DeviceIdentifier: d7b71e3e-4ea1-11cf-036e-0c201fc2c535

7/30/2011 1:34:51 PM: Manager Adapter value: 0
7/30/2011 1:34:51 PM: Create device.

7/30/2011 1:34:51 PM: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/30/2011 1:34:51 PM: MultiSampleQuality: 1
DeviceWindow:

7/30/2011 1:34:51 PM: Create Flags: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/30/2011 1:34:51 PM: Device Type: Hardware
7/30/2011 1:40:57 PM: Unable to open scenario file '®3rd Pz Div the First Month June 23-July 15, '41.xml'
7/30/2011 1:40:57 PM: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '3rd Pz Div the First Month June 23-July 15, '41' Key being added: '3rd Pz Div the First Month June 23-July 15, '41'
7/30/2011 1:40:57 PM: Begin Device Resize:
7/30/2011 1:40:57 PM: Begin Device Resize:
7/30/2011 1:40:57 PM: Window3d: Test cooperative level:
7/30/2011 1:40:57 PM: Graphics format: X8R8G8B8
7/30/2011 1:40:57 PM: Trying reset
7/30/2011 1:40:58 PM: Device Reset
7/30/2011 6:25:42 PM: Begin Device Resize:
7/30/2011 6:25:42 PM: Begin Device Resize:
7/30/2011 6:25:42 PM: Graphics format: X8R8G8B8
7/30/2011 6:25:42 PM: Trying reset
7/30/2011 6:25:43 PM: Device Reset
7/30/2011 6:25:51 PM: Program Exited.
7/30/2011 6:30:38 PM: ******************** New Game *******************
7/30/2011 6:30:38 PM: Current Directory: C:\Matrix Games\Panzer Command Ostfront
7/30/2011 6:30:38 PM: OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
7/30/2011 6:30:38 PM: CodeBase: file:///C:/Matrix Games/Panzer Command Ostfront/PCOstfront.exe
7/30/2011 6:30:38 PM: Assembly Name: PCOstfront, Version=3.2.7.33433, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/30/2011 6:30:38 PM: Managed DirectX:
7/30/2011 6:30:38 PM: Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/30/2011 6:30:38 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX, Version=1.0.2911.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/30/2011 6:30:38 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/30/2011 6:30:38 PM: Loading Guns...
7/30/2011 6:30:38 PM: Loading Armoured Units...
7/30/2011 6:30:38 PM: Loading Infantry...
7/30/2011 6:30:38 PM: Loading Scenarios...
7/30/2011 6:30:39 PM: Loading Campaigns...
7/30/2011 6:30:39 PM: Unable to open scenario file '®3rd Pz Div the First Month June 23-July 15, '41.xml'
7/30/2011 6:30:39 PM: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '3rd Pz Div the First Month June 23-July 15, '41' Key being added: '3rd Pz Div the First Month June 23-July 15, '41'
7/30/2011 6:30:39 PM: Loading Tables...
7/30/2011 6:30:39 PM: Assembly Name: Lib, Version=3.2.7.33431, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/30/2011 6:30:39 PM: Graphics format: X8R8G8B8
7/30/2011 6:30:39 PM: DeviceIdentifier: d7b71e3e-4ea1-11cf-036e-0c201fc2c535

7/30/2011 6:30:39 PM: Manager Adapter value: 0
7/30/2011 6:30:39 PM: Create device.

7/30/2011 6:30:39 PM: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/30/2011 6:30:39 PM: MultiSampleQuality: 1
DeviceWindow:

7/30/2011 6:30:39 PM: Create Flags: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/30/2011 6:30:39 PM: Device Type: Hardware
7/30/2011 6:31:10 PM: Viewing Briefing: 1st Infantry Div 1941-44 Long
7/30/2011 6:31:40 PM: Unit Purchase - campaign: 1st Infantry Div 1941-44 Long
7/30/2011 6:31:40 PM: Unit Purchase - scenario: R1312051130152
7/30/2011 6:32:14 PM: Current Token: 9105deb984c51ddd2a507114a6309b4f
7/30/2011 6:32:14 PM: Current Level: R1312051130152
7/30/2011 6:48:44 PM: Program Exited.
7/30/2011 8:27:41 PM: ******************** New Game *******************
7/30/2011 8:27:41 PM: Current Directory: C:\Matrix Games\Panzer Command Ostfront
7/30/2011 8:27:41 PM: OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
7/30/2011 8:27:41 PM: CodeBase: file:///C:/Matrix Games/Panzer Command Ostfront/PCOstfront.exe
7/30/2011 8:27:41 PM: Assembly Name: PCOstfront, Version=3.2.7.33433, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/30/2011 8:27:41 PM: Managed DirectX:
7/30/2011 8:27:41 PM: Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/30/2011 8:27:41 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX, Version=1.0.2911.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/30/2011 8:27:41 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/30/2011 8:27:41 PM: Loading Guns...
7/30/2011 8:27:41 PM: Loading Armoured Units...
7/30/2011 8:27:41 PM: Loading Infantry...
7/30/2011 8:27:42 PM: Loading Scenarios...
7/30/2011 8:27:42 PM: Loading Campaigns...
7/30/2011 8:27:42 PM: Unable to open scenario file '®3rd Pz Div the First Month June 23-July 15, '41.xml'
7/30/2011 8:27:42 PM: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '3rd Pz Div the First Month June 23-July 15, '41' Key being added: '3rd Pz Div the First Month June 23-July 15, '41'
7/30/2011 8:27:42 PM: Loading Tables...
7/30/2011 8:27:42 PM: Assembly Name: Lib, Version=3.2.7.33431, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/30/2011 8:27:42 PM: Graphics format: X8R8G8B8
7/30/2011 8:27:42 PM: DeviceIdentifier: d7b71e3e-4ea1-11cf-036e-0c201fc2c535

7/30/2011 8:27:42 PM: Manager Adapter value: 0
7/30/2011 8:27:42 PM: Create device.

7/30/2011 8:27:42 PM: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/30/2011 8:27:42 PM: MultiSampleQuality: 1
DeviceWindow:

7/30/2011 8:27:42 PM: Create Flags: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/30/2011 8:27:43 PM: Device Type: Hardware
7/30/2011 8:28:03 PM: Current Token: 9105deb984c51ddd2a507114a6309b4f
7/30/2011 8:28:03 PM: Current Level: R1312051130152
7/30/2011 10:17:07 PM: Begin Device Resize:
7/30/2011 10:17:07 PM: Begin Device Resize:
7/30/2011 10:17:07 PM: Graphics format: X8R8G8B8
7/30/2011 10:17:07 PM: Trying reset
7/30/2011 10:17:08 PM: Device Reset
7/30/2011 10:17:31 PM: Program Exited.

< Message edited by belljack95 -- 7/31/2011 4:41:03 AM >

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 23
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/31/2011 3:57:06 AM   
belljack95

Just in case it would help, here is a zip file with the campaign and save game of 1st Inf Div.
I had to rename the random campaign file by removing the "R" from the front of the file to get it added to my save game zip file.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by belljack95 -- 7/31/2011 4:36:33 AM >

(in reply to belljack95)
Post #: 24
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/31/2011 7:33:05 AM   
rickier65

quote:

Just in case it would help, here is a zip file with the campaign and save game of 1st Inf Div.
I had to rename the random campaign file by removing the "R" from the front of the file to get it added to my save game zip file.

Belljack,

I would uninstall and install the release version and the 2nd Beta Patch only. I would also clean out the PCO directory before re-installing. If you have any mods or other items you want to save, move them to a temp folder.

I see some error messages in your logfile that are actually related to the 3rd Pz Random Campaign.

Also, do you have any other mods running?

Thanks, and I'm sorry for the problem you're having with this.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to belljack95)
Post #: 25
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/31/2011 7:59:33 AM   
rickier65

quote:

quote:

Do you have a save turn of this? I created a test with only Sdk 231s and ran them out of main gun ammo, as soon as they ran out of main gun ammo, they switched to the mg.

I did notice that I had to use ALL of my main gun ammo, ie, AP and APCR, before they automatically switched to MG. If they had any ammo left, they did not automatically switch to MG, but auto-targetted with their main gun only.

Another possibility is that they did not see/find a target suitable to shoot with the MG.

Thanks
rick

< Message edited by Rick -- 7/31/2011 8:00:15 AM >

(in reply to Nemo84)
Post #: 26
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/31/2011 10:04:13 AM   
Nemo84

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

quote:

quote:

Do you have a save turn of this? I created a test with only Sdk 231s and ran them out of main gun ammo, as soon as they ran out of main gun ammo, they switched to the mg.

I did notice that I had to use ALL of my main gun ammo, ie, AP and APCR, before they automatically switched to MG. If they had any ammo left, they did not automatically switch to MG, but auto-targetted with their main gun only.

Another possibility is that they did not see/find a target suitable to shoot with the MG.

Thanks
rick

I no longer have a savegame from that map unfortunately. I'll make one the next time it happens. However, that ammo issue might be the answer. They ran out of HE ammo, but still had AP left. However, despite clearly seeing a dozen infantry units 30 m in front of them, they just ceased firing as soon as they ran out of HE ammo.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 27
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/31/2011 6:07:05 PM   
junk2drive

I think we found a problem with the update. Stay tuned.

EDIT false alarm, problem was on my install

< Message edited by junk2drive -- 8/1/2011 1:41:31 PM >

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to Nemo84)
Post #: 28
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 7/31/2011 11:27:17 PM   
belljack95

quote:

quote:

Belljack,

I would uninstall and install the release version and the 2nd Beta Patch only. I would also clean out the PCO directory before re-installing. If you have any mods or other items you want to save, move them to a temp folder.

I see some error messages in your logfile that are actually related to the 3rd Pz Random Campaign.

Also, do you have any other mods running?

Thanks, and I'm sorry for the problem you're having with this.

Thanks
rick

Rick. No worries. First, there is no need to apologize. This is a beta and that stuff is to be expected. I am a newbie to this game and I appreciate the hard work, love and support of this game (not to mention the level of detail in the game). That is part of the reason I bought it. I will take your advice and uninstall and then reinstall the game and just 2nd beta and continue on. I do not have any mods running. Just the base game and 1st and 2nd beta.

Y'all keep up the good work and look forward to continued patches and improvements to the game.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 29
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 8/1/2011 6:05:25 PM   
Nemo84

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks
rick

I no longer have a savegame from that map unfortunately. I'll make one the next time it happens. However, that ammo issue might be the answer. They ran out of HE ammo, but still had AP left. However, despite clearly seeing a dozen infantry units 30 m in front of them, they just ceased firing as soon as they ran out of HE ammo.

Threw together a quick testbattle for this: just 1 Sd Kfz 131 vs 10 soviet infantry squads, no outside interference possible. Attached savegame is the turn right after I ran out of HE ammo. The armoured car clearly sees the infantry, yet refuses to fire unless manually ordered to do so. I let it run for 6 turns after this, and the Soviets just casually walked up to the vehicle and destroyed it. I can confirm the exact same behaviour from Marders as well.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Nemo84)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Revised Public Beta Now Available! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI