Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Awesome Characters thread.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Awesome Characters thread. Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Awesome Characters thread. - 12/11/2011 3:21:02 PM   
ASHBERY76

Lets start one.

This is Than Bendu my ambassador for 25 years.This silver tongue can even turn a Dhayut to be your friend with 84 diplomacy.

Post #: 1
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/11/2011 3:27:52 PM   
Nedrear

Sadly I deleted the save with my living God-Kennedy leader... I got no other vanilla character to show around right now.

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 2
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/11/2011 3:49:28 PM   
Cauldyth

Had both of these little dudes in the same game! It was with the initial Legends release, so I stopped playing after the first patch. Who knows how good they could've gotten!

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 3
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/11/2011 11:29:35 PM   
Grotius

Wow, I can't compete with that awesomeness. :) But I am proud of my Securan characters anyway. In my just-completed game as Securax, this woman was the only Admiral I received, and the game went to December, 2799. She was the hero of the Battle of Helu, not to mention the Great Almas Turkey Shoot.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Grotius -- 12/11/2011 11:30:08 PM >

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 4
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/11/2011 11:31:15 PM   
Grotius

I had a couple of Ambassadors for about 40 years each. Here's one:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 5
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/11/2011 11:33:07 PM   
Grotius

Come to think of it, that last character *is* pretty awesome. The Zenoxians and I had good relations the entire game.

Characters are a great feature, aren't they?

Here's another Ambassador, also a veteran of many decades of service.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 6
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/12/2011 2:34:12 AM   
ehsumrell1

Just wait Grotius until you get a true winner over 200 yrs old!

Attachment (1)

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 7
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/12/2011 2:37:08 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

Characters are the best...

Here's the evil bastard that convinced all the other Atuuks that the Way of Darkness was a good idea... Shame he's got a few bad traits.. but look at that pop growth! And I'm almost positive he'll rule for a long time under Way of Darkness.

And of course, behind every evil Atuuk there's a capable Mortalen colony governer... keep in mind that I have Bakuras Highspeed Shipyards at this planet too. I had AI research on, and research set to very Expensive, and the AI actually picked Accelerated Construction first! When I got that wonder, thought no-way... when I got this governer I thought NO WAY! Awesome!

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 8
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/12/2011 3:14:07 AM   
Cauldyth

I love how your Way of Darkness leader is a Luddite Environmentalist. Seems a little askew.

Now can someone explain why both of my admirals in my Zenox game have become drunks? What's going on in my navy?!

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 9
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/12/2011 3:15:49 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cauldyth

I love how your Way of Darkness leader is a Luddite Environmentalist. Seems a little askew.

Now can someone explain why both of my admirals in my Zenox game have become drunks? What's going on in my navy?!

It's a front! He's like King Theoden.. old and decrepit, where he was once young and virile and loved by all. Now he's got that Mortalen wormtongue...

As for your admirals, sometimes they'll become drunk after the end of a war. Maybe that did it?

< Message edited by Gelatinous Cube -- 12/12/2011 3:16:12 AM >

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 10
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/12/2011 3:19:13 AM   
Cauldyth

Hmm, haven't had any wars yet. My theory is that my Zenox empire has discovered a deposit of catnip somewhere.

Post #: 11
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/12/2011 3:29:40 AM   
Sarissofoi

BTW Is character tarits can be reduced by age or wound etc?

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 12
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/12/2011 4:18:06 AM   
Gray Death

How about this one?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Sarissofoi)
Post #: 13
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/12/2011 7:57:41 AM   
Nedrear

When I see ehsumrell1 and his Spock, I simply felt inclined to push some mod characters... strange, strange people... of Juned to the frontline.

The first one screams "Give me more soldiers! I like invasions with a lot of troops!", the second one is clearly not the choice for a diplomatic meetings unless you want to make sure the information gets to the press or home.

Attachment (1)

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to Gray Death)
Post #: 14
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/12/2011 10:31:30 AM   
sbach2o

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gray Carlyle

How about this one?

The name oft he colony he's ruling... I get the impression this may be either a (your?) home world or a highly developed former independent colony. With that propulation growth bonus, Governor Laurus Ikkuros may find more fruitful employment on a colony with room to grow, provided you still have such.

Nedrear, your Botschafter Haraz looks like the Westerwelle type , or his 'qualities' do. And how do you get a leader with -57% to energy research? Does the firgure continue dropping? If so, do you have an idea what is causing this?

< Message edited by sbach2o -- 12/12/2011 10:36:52 AM >

(in reply to Gray Death)
Post #: 15
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/12/2011 11:02:02 AM   
Nedrear

My governor is pretty demoralizing... he can demolish it further if the leader does not decide to rule from a space station. But no actually he got a high malus to energy research by default. It can shrink or increase though... My characters in the mod all got starting traits and skills which might get a little better or worse in game, but are pretty much defined. Those with less then 4 can get new traits though.
And no Westerwelle would be somehow be bad in diplomacy, but he does not support the BND (BundesNachrichtenDienst - Secret Service) in the country he's visiting.

(in reply to sbach2o)
Post #: 16
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/12/2011 11:03:24 AM   
Webbco

Ashbery, your Than Bendu was good...but check this one out

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 17
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/12/2011 11:05:23 AM   
Webbco

This one is also pretty cool

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Webbco -- 12/12/2011 11:07:00 AM >

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 18
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/12/2011 11:05:29 AM   
sbach2o

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nedrear

And no Westerwelle would be somehow be bad in diplomacy, but he does not support the BND (BundesNachrichtenDienst - Secret Service) in the country he's visiting.

Maybe he's just good at hiding that fact, he'd need to be to make a good agent. Are there good agents in BND? Probably not, so he probably would've been uncovered by now.

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 19
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/12/2011 11:10:53 AM   
Nedrear

The BND is very well known throughout the NATO. They often support America or other nations by giving them coordinates of potential targets... yes they are good spies. Thy got many ways to make people tell them what they want... I don't know which method though.

And the Foreign Affairs Minister Westerwelle is NOT an Ambassador. He is not present enough in a place to make constant use of networks there and supporting them. That is the job of the leader in an embassy.

(in reply to sbach2o)
Post #: 20
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/12/2011 3:47:51 PM   
Grotius

@ ehsumrell1, I love your Spock. This game needs Vulcans. :) Too bad about that whole intellectual-property-licensing thing. :P

quote:

Ashbery, your Than Bendu was good...but check this one out

Wait, multiple Than Bendus? This can mean only one thing: matter and anti-matter are about to collide! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 21
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/12/2011 4:27:37 PM   
Howard Mitchell

My best ambassador, and one of only two, despite the year being 2800. She's been present from the start of the game.

Attachment (1)

While the battles the British fight may differ in the widest possible ways, they invariably have two common characteristics – they are always fought uphill and always at the junction of two or more map sheets.

General Sir William Slim

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 22
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/12/2011 5:54:36 PM   
Grisha

GC,
Zacha Raktan shows that even in this game the road to Hell is paved with good intentions

Best regards,
Greg Guerrero

Post #: 23
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/13/2011 4:04:34 AM   
Grotius

I'd be curious to see some *bad* characters, either here or in a separate thread. Send in the clowns!

(in reply to Grisha)
Post #: 24
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/13/2011 4:08:19 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grisha

GC,
Zacha Raktan shows that even in this game the road to Hell is paved with good intentions

I know, right? This game is so full of stories and life that sometimes i'll just put the whole thing on .25 speed and watch stuff. It reminds me of playing with action figures as a kid.

(in reply to Grisha)
Post #: 25
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/13/2011 7:09:06 AM   
Nedrear

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

I'd be curious to see some *bad* characters, either here or in a separate thread. Send in the clowns!

I thought my Ambassador was something... well more or less funny. Since my mod deals with realistic and mixed personalities, defying the always good AI leaders building up themselves, I will get something worse soon.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 26
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/13/2011 12:37:58 PM   
Cauldyth

Well, I don't think mods should count. After all, I could make a mod which intentionally makes ridiculously good and ridiculously bad characters.

Vanilla Legends only!

< Message edited by Cauldyth -- 12/13/2011 12:38:11 PM >

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 27
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/13/2011 12:49:17 PM   
Nedrear

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cauldyth

Vanilla Legends only!

Then you can smoke your "badies" in a pipe. The worst you will see is a 20% minus in one or two traits in summary if the other boni do not apply there. All the other skills will increase in the play time though. In the end he will be another hero of the Legends world with a small wrinkle under his belly... nothing else.

To "grow" badies you would need to park all of them with all your dmeoralizing characters in one place, hoping for them to rot away. That will not happen in a normal game run.

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 28
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/13/2011 12:51:24 PM   
Cauldyth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nedrear
To "grow" badies you would need to park all of them with all your dmeoralizing characters in one place, hoping for them to rot away.

Hmm, that could be fun to do.

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 29
RE: Awesome Characters thread. - 12/13/2011 12:51:30 PM   
Gelatinous Cube

On that note, if you ever get an intelligence agent with "Inspiring Presence" then you need to station him on counter-intel at your homeworld! Who cares if he's any good. Bottom line is that he will boost the skills of your Leader, Colony Governer, and local Troop General until the end of time.

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Awesome Characters thread. Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI