Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 10/28/2011 5:18:13 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

A new beta update is now available in the Members Club. You can download it if you have registered your game.
It improves retreating Unit behavior, AI weapon selection, and makes Maps more portable, plus a number of Data fixes and adjustments.

v2.0.329c Beta - Oct 22, 2011
Third Public Beta Update

Code Changes

• Fixed a series of bugs with how retreated units behaved. Retreating units will now continue to retreat until they rally.
    • When an armored vehicle targets an infantry unit the Tactical AI will now select the weapon and ammo that has the most chance to inflict losses on the target. This selection will consider the range to the target as well as the Firepower. If the firer and/or target is moving, the weapon selection may change. In most cases this will result in an armored vehicle choosing to use HE shells, then MG AP.
    • Map Maker has been adjusted to provide more portability of maps between systems. This will make it easier for users to work on maps on more than one computer without having to have the same directory structure and simplify the process if multiple users are collaborating on a map project.
    • Map Maker will now insert a map size attribute into Random Battle Templates.

Data Changes

• Map size attributes have been added to RB Templates for future use.
    • A new sand texture by szartur has been added for use in making desert maps.
    • Updates to the Pz IVE, IVF1, IVF2,IVG, IVH, and IVJ were incorporated. These include making these units decal capable by the scenario designer and the inclusion of multiple commanders so that not all tank commanders are the same.
    • Fixed a problem where grass was too high in a small area on the map for Their toughest Battle.
    • Fixed a problem where RR tracks were tipping over when crossed on The Biggest and the Baddest map. This is actually a work around for a problem with how knockdown fences were implemented.
    • Fixed a problem with how map maker was drawing AI map colors around Telephone lines. Map Maker now only draws selected terrain around the base of one of the telephone poles, rather than along the entire length of the telephone line.
    • Added several new houses styled in the manner common to the style found in rural Hungary.
    • Updated and improved models and crews for the 122MM M1938, F-22 M1936, F-22 USV M1939, PaK 38, PaK 39, PaK 40, s10cm K18, the sIG 33, the ZIS-2 and ZIS-3.
    • Ammo loadouts were updated for almost all ArmouredUnits.
    • The killpower for some offmap artillery guns was reduced. This will reduce the effectives of artillery strikes against armoured units, resulting in fewer armoured units kills resulting from artillery barrages, but more stunned results.
    • Models were added and the map updated for the Stalingrad railway station. The Railway Station and the 13th Crossing scenarios were updated.
    • New units were added for the German PaK 36 and Pak 36 Late, and for the Russian 45mm ATG M-1937 and M-1942. This units have been added as Mobile versions of the above units in the Infantry unit type. Existing scenarios will continue to use the static versions of these units. Scenario designers can choose to use either the stationary version of these units from the Armoured units folder, or the Mobile versions from the Infantry folder. The mobile versions have 'Mobile' after the unit type to make them distinguishable. Random battles will use only the mobile type of these units.

Changes in v2.0.328g Beta

Post #: 1
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 10/28/2011 11:38:37 PM   
Commanderski

Thanks for the update! Will the 8 man squad mod work with this patch or does that have to remade?

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 2
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 10/29/2011 12:04:38 AM   
sevenpointsix2

The PCO check was in the mail! Much appreciated. Didn't expect the added bonus Map Maker changes.

(in reply to Commanderski)
Post #: 3
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 10/29/2011 2:36:53 AM   
belljack95

Cool. Thanks for the updated beta. I hope this means the final patch is not too far away!

(in reply to sevenpointsix2)
Post #: 4
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 10/29/2011 2:55:49 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Commanderski

Thanks for the update! Will the 8 man squad mod work with this patch or does that have to remade?

I haven't tried it, but I think if it worked with the last beta patch, it should work with this one.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Commanderski)
Post #: 5
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 10/29/2011 3:39:28 AM   
junk2drive

I installed the beta, then the squad mod, tried the tutorial and no crash. I think it should work. I don't believe there were any changes to infantry other than the small guns since the first beta and artur's revised mod.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 6
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 10/29/2011 2:15:44 PM   
Jafele

Thanks for the update! After all it was good to be patient .

I´m totally addicted to PCO. And this is just the beguining...

Best wishes

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 7
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 10/29/2011 5:28:58 PM   
rickier65

Thanks Jafele,

We hope you continue to enjoy and that we're able to bring you more.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 8
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 10/29/2011 5:45:11 PM   
Ratzki

tHANKS GUYS, WILL BE TRYING IT OUT TONIGHT SOME TIME.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 9
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 10/29/2011 10:47:49 PM   
Mobius

I think the second code bullet point can be elaborated a little differently. The weapon and ammo selection will be chosen to be the most effective against infantry. For longer ranges HE will most often be selected while at close ranges the machinegun(s) will be used instead.

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 10
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 10/30/2011 12:06:56 AM   
dazoline II

You guys Rock!
Thanks for the continued support.

Moscow by winter? Only if you send Fast Heinz to Kiev.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 11
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 11/4/2011 12:44:03 PM   
ComradeP

Sounds good.

As a question: has the random campaign generator been changed at some point so that random campaigns feature more AFV's and less infantry? If there's a way to do so manually, I'd also appreciate it if somebody gave me some pointers as to how to do it, so I can start a new campaign.

And yes, I'm aware I still owe you guys 18 battles in the AAR, the last 1.5 months have been somewhat hectic so I couldn't really find the time for it, but I'll update it soon.

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

(in reply to dazoline II)
Post #: 12
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 11/4/2011 2:41:33 PM   
junk2drive

We didn't make any changes to the Random programs. dazoline's mod in the mod section does help. I will have to spend some time figuring out some solutions to these issues.

I will say that this latest update seems to have made the game more playable from the German side.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 13
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 11/4/2011 3:55:08 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: ComradeP

Sounds good.

As a question: has the random campaign generator been changed at some point so that random campaigns feature more AFV's and less infantry? If there's a way to do so manually, I'd also appreciate it if somebody gave me some pointers as to how to do it, so I can start a new campaign.

And yes, I'm aware I still owe you guys 18 battles in the AAR, the last 1.5 months have been somewhat hectic so I couldn't really find the time for it, but I'll update it soon.

They way to do that right now is to build/create your own battle plans. Or try one of the other random campaigns if you haven't yet. As junk2drive pointed out, I think Dazoline is working on a mod to make it easier to accomplish what you want.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 14
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 11/11/2011 12:43:45 AM   
Eagle Strike

Gentlemen:

Could someone please tell me if the 3rd Beta release has the previous 2 Beta updates included in it or do you have to install each one separately?

Thx,
Eagle Strike (aka Reddog)

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 15
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 11/11/2011 12:50:11 AM   
junk2drive

It is inclusive.

(in reply to Eagle Strike)
Post #: 16
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 11/11/2011 3:47:01 AM   
Eagle Strike

Thank you junk2drive...

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

It is inclusive.

Thx,
Eagle Strike (aka Reddog)

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 17
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/5/2011 2:48:48 PM   
ComradeP

What do the files in the presets folder apply to, do they also apply to random campaigns or only to battles? If I change the presets for Soviet vs 7th Panzer attack/defend, what will happen? What will the new setting apply to?

Considering the earlier comments that changing defending force composition for random campaigns is not possible at the moment, I guess the presets don't apply to random campaigns.

< Message edited by ComradeP -- 12/5/2011 5:30:18 PM >

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester

(in reply to Eagle Strike)
Post #: 18
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/5/2011 7:10:11 PM   
rickier65

quote:

What do the files in the presets folder apply to, do they also apply to random campaigns or only to battles? If I change the presets for Soviet vs 7th Panzer attack/defend, what will happen? What will the new setting apply to?

Presets are used define forces for both Random Battles and for Random Campaign battles. They are mostly used to define non-core forces for your side in a Random Campaign, but they are not used if you do not have enough points to need more forces than what is defined in the Battlefile. But they do get used for defining the opposition forces for a random campaign battle.

quote:

Considering the earlier comments that changing defending force composition for random campaigns is not possible at the moment, I guess the presets don't apply to random campaigns.

Not sure which comments you are referring to, but you should certainly be able to change the defending force compostion using Presets files. To do this for a Random Campaign for the 7th Pz for example: MAKE SURE YOU SAVE YOU ORIGINAL FILES FIRST

1. check to see which battle files are being used, and note those down.
2. open each battle file to see what preset is being used by the SOVIET force and note those
3. go to the Presets file and edit the referenced Preset to change the force composition

I haven't tested this, but it should work. You can also set/define opposing forces directly in the battlefiles I believe.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 19
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/5/2011 8:19:32 PM   
ComradeP

That's good to hear. I guess the initial response was not correct or there was some miscommunication. In your previous post in this thread, you didn't mention the presets and I thought you meant manually creating new battle plans instead of reconfiguring existing ones.

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 20
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/5/2011 9:29:48 PM   
rickier65

quote:

That's good to hear. I guess the initial response was not correct or there was some miscommunication. In your previous post in this thread, you didn't mention the presets and I thought you meant manually creating new battle plans instead of reconfiguring existing ones.

My apologies, I reread my first post and indeed only mentioned Battleplans. I think I had misinterpreted your first query and thought you wanted to change the make-up of your own force, not the opposing force. Sorry about that.

And actually, I do recommend creating your own battle plans, as well as your own presets. Once you have your own customized Battle Plans, it's very easy to make your own customized Random Campaign that uses them.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 21
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/6/2011 1:27:39 AM   
junk2drive

Of course I always recommend reading the Random Battle and Campaign Generator addendum located in the documents folder.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 22
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/6/2011 2:14:43 PM   
ComradeP

I believe I initially read the addendum, but it's somewhat confusing as the first sentence for the presets section is
quote:

The preset xml files define certain specific data about a particular outfit you want to model in your random battles
and I thought at the time that it applied only to random battles.

After actually checking the folder yesterday, I wondered if they would apply to random campaigns as well, hence the question.

As an aside:

Still not sure if it's intended as a feature, but AT guns often don't show up as being destroyed in the events list.

Often, they're "damaged", but when you click on the event the enemy AT gun is shown as destroyed (the flame icon in the unit info panel in the lower left). I'm guessing it might have to do with either the crew abandoning the equipment or the crew being killed whilst the gun is theoretically intact.

-

Playing with different presets and a slightly different core is a joy thus far. I'm playing a campaign now where the Soviets get only armour, and fighting against 20-30 tanks early on is a lot of fun.

< Message edited by ComradeP -- 12/6/2011 6:13:13 PM >

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 23
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/6/2011 6:51:52 PM   
rickier65

quote:

Playing with different presets and a slightly different core is a joy thus far. I'm playing a campaign now where the Soviets get only armour, and fighting against 20-30 tanks early on is a lot of fun.

ComradeP,

Did you edit a preset to get that opposing force? After your question yesterday I started looking at more of the presets and had some thoughts about some of them.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 24
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/6/2011 7:37:52 PM   
ComradeP

I edited all Soviet vs. 1st Panzer related presets to 100 armour and 0 of everything else.

Enemy armour is much more of a challenge than the swarms of Rifle squads that I used to face with 7th Panzer.

In the current battle, the Soviets have 5 KV-2 M1941's and a bunch of 1930's tanks.

< Message edited by ComradeP -- 12/6/2011 7:39:55 PM >

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 25
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/6/2011 8:58:50 PM   
rickier65

quote:

I edited all Soviet vs. 1st Panzer related presets to 100 armour and 0 of everything else.

Enemy armour is much more of a challenge than the swarms of Rifle squads that I used to face with 7th Panzer.

In the current battle, the Soviets have 5 KV-2 M1941's and a bunch of 1930's tanks.

Great! Thanks!

Rick

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 26
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/7/2011 12:39:28 AM   
ComradeP

Here's a screenshot of a battle with 32 Soviet tanks, even though it was an extremely onesided battle as the Soviets only hit any of my tanks 4 times and didn't inflict any damage.

Also: is anyone else having some problems with engage>move with this version? My tanks rarely seem to fire when moving anymore, unless withdrawing.

Attachment (1)

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 27
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/7/2011 1:24:44 AM   
rickier65

I have also observed this with Units with Engage-->Move orders, that they don't fire until the phase after they reach their destination.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 28
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/7/2011 10:36:09 AM   
ComradeP

But is that WAD? Previously, engage>move was the only offensive move order that give you a reliable chance that your units would target something on the move, as advance only returned fire to already selected targets, if that.

Using defend>move for everything would slow things down considerably.

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 29
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/7/2011 12:40:43 PM   
junk2drive

What I see is tanks will acquire targets but not fire during engage>move. Tanks will acquire and fire during advance.

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI