Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Latest fortification rules

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Latest fortification rules Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Latest fortification rules - 8/16/2012 12:17:17 AM   
IdahoNYer

Are the latest rules for fortification creation still from the V1.05.18 (September 6, 2011) update, where to build a level 3 fort you need one of the following three conditions:

Must be adjacent to an enemy hex, be an urban or city hex, or be in or adjacent to a fort unit.

Is there any other reason/way a fort can get to level 3 if none of those conditions are met?

The reason I'm asking is that in my current PBEM against Scar, I'm starting to see some level 3 forts appear - for both sides that are not in cities, do not have a fort unit in or adjacent, nor are (or have ever) been adjacent to an enemy hex. Not many, most forts max out a level 2 with a 10%, as it says in the update. But I probably have seen maybe half a dozen go to level 3, and some level 2 well beyond the 10% max.

I'm using V1.06.13 beta

Thanks in advance.

< Message edited by IdahoNYer -- 8/16/2012 12:18:54 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Latest fortification rules - 8/16/2012 12:55:12 AM   
Walloc

As far as i know, no. Well as such, but its a bit more complicated. Cuz once u go above 2.10 threshold but not at 3.1 yet. Which could have happened in a previous turn where the above conditions u list are in effect/met. Then it can continue up too 3.1 in later turns as long as it has passed the 2.1 barrier in a previous turns meeting the listed conditions.
If its happening rarely that could be what ur seeing, but with out knowing more its ofc hard to say. Same for above 3.1 to 4.1 too btw IIRC.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 8/16/2012 1:04:00 AM >

(in reply to IdahoNYer)
Post #: 2
RE: Latest fortification rules - 8/16/2012 1:13:16 AM   
Flaviusx

Believe it or not, working as intended. (I'm scratching my head over this as well.)

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 3
RE: Latest fortification rules - 8/16/2012 3:19:27 AM   
IdahoNYer

Rasmus, Flaviusx

Tell you what - I'll post a screen shot of my "Moscow Defenses" and I'll highlight a few of the forts I'm talking about in my next PBEM update. Take a look - if thats the latest update, I'm growing some extra forts - and I think Scar has a few too....

Not many - most are stopping at the level 2 with the extra 10%.

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 4
RE: Latest fortification rules - 8/16/2012 3:31:56 AM   
hfarrish

I thought Fort Level 3 became possible once a hex was within 10 hexes of enemy units - am I way off on that one?

(in reply to IdahoNYer)
Post #: 5
RE: Latest fortification rules - 8/16/2012 4:13:37 AM   
IdahoNYer

quote:

I thought Fort Level 3 became possible once a hex was within 10 hexes of enemy units - am I way off on that one?

Readme update says adjacent - and I've got some level 3 forts beyond the 10 hexes of the nearest enemy.

(in reply to hfarrish)
Post #: 6
RE: Latest fortification rules - 8/16/2012 4:28:20 AM   
Flaviusx

Idaho, like I said, working as intended.

This was brought up in the dev forums and I was told exactly that. You will occasionally (mostly around Moscow, due I think to the urban labor, but I've seen this happen by Leningrad too) exceed the fort limit of 2.1 and go all the way up to level 3s.

I don't know why this cannot be programmed to cap things properly, but there it is.

My fear is that some of our more...creative players will find a way to abuse this and contrive to lay down lots of level 3s in the absence of FRs. It's very random and inconsistent, but I haven't bothered trying to figure out what the triggers are here and trying to optimize these "free" level 3 forts. This would of course be cheese. When it happens, it happens, and I'm content to leave it at that.

This has been an issue for quite some time, I'm tempted to say ever since 1.05.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to IdahoNYer)
Post #: 7
RE: Latest fortification rules - 8/16/2012 4:29:58 AM   
IdahoNYer

quote:

Idaho, like I said, working as intended.

This was brought up in the dev forums and I was told exactly that. You will occasionally (mostly around Moscow, due I think to the urban labor, but I've seen this happen by Leningrad too) exceed the fort limit of 2.1 and go all the way up to level 3s.

Hey, if its working as intended, I'm good with it. A few random level 3 forts are more than welcome!!!

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Latest fortification rules Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI