Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can you imagine??????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Can you imagine?????? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can you imagine?????? - 6/7/2012 12:40:29 PM   
LoneWulf63

Good morning. I have been a player of Steel Panthers, on and off again, since the game was first published by SSI. I must say that Matrix Games and the Camo Workshop have done excellent work on the two current versions of these classic tactical wargames. Can you imagine what these games would be like if the graphics were converted to those of say Panzer Command Ostfront? I know it would be a major undertaking to convert the game to these types of graphics but even if the final retail price were in excess of $100.00, I would be the first one in line to buy a copy and I am sure that would be a very long line. Just a thought. Chris.

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
Post #: 1
RE: Can you imagine?????? - 6/7/2012 5:21:42 PM   
Rosollia

Lately there has been an interesting development with the Kickstarter game projects emerging. The idea there as I understand is that the would-be players donate the money in advance to the developers who then start to develop the game if a set amount of money is reached. The most noticeable games in development now using the kickstarter method of funding are Wasteland 2 and Double Fine Adventure.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/66710809/double-fine-adventure

Maybe that would be the way to develop a new Steel Panthers game. Gary Grigsby are you reading this?

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 2
RE: Can you imagine?????? - 6/8/2012 3:15:35 AM   
JEB Davis

Sounds great... count me in.
I'll relay this post to the Depot.

Reduce SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage":
Settings: 80Spot,80Hit,100R/R,XXXTQ,110TkT,150InfT,180AvSoft,130AvArm,150SOFire / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Enhanced http://enhanced.freeforums.org
Depot https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/

(in reply to Rosollia)
Post #: 3
RE: Can you imagine?????? - 6/8/2012 3:02:38 PM   
Josh

Yes Kickstarter is great for Indie titles, but who has the rights to Steel Panthers? It was my understanding Paradox has it but not quite sure.

(in reply to JEB Davis)
Post #: 4
RE: Can you imagine?????? - 6/8/2012 3:12:01 PM   
planner 3

Let me see if I got this correct, you get a message from a stranger, wants you to send him money, for a product that does not exist, that may or may not get developed in the future which, if developed, will make him rich, that you paid for him to develop...........boy what a scam IMHO.........CONFUSION

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 5
RE: Can you imagine?????? - 6/8/2012 8:03:07 PM   
Rosollia

Wasteland 2 is headed by Brian Fargo the guy who created the game company Interplay and Double Fine Adventure is headed by Tim Schafer the guy who was behind well known adventure games like Grim Fandango and Full Throttle. So hardly strangers. Still I'm curious to see how those games turn out in the end.

For a kickstarter funded Steel Panthers game to be possible it would ofcourse need to be initiated and headed by well known game developers and professionals. Maybe Matrix Games teamed up with Gary Grisby? It's just an idea and I doubt it will ever happen. Still it is interesting how these new forms of funding and game development are starting to emerge.

(in reply to planner 3)
Post #: 6
RE: Can you imagine?????? - 6/9/2012 12:06:07 AM   
planner 3

CONFUSION SAY....... "No Comment"

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "

(in reply to Rosollia)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Can you imagine?????? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI