Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug: Combar Report Updates Improperly

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Bug: Combar Report Updates Improperly Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug: Combar Report Updates Improperly - 2/15/2012 8:12:39 AM   
PMCN

The losses shown on the combat report do not start to update until a device is destroyed. This occurs in both air and land combat. After a device is destroyed in the combat round then the report updates normally but until then unless two of the same type of device are damaged (counting as one killed) the losses show 0. This seems to be true for all devices.
Post #: 1
RE: Bug: Combar Report Updates Improperly - 2/15/2012 8:53:56 AM   
Helpless

I don't quite understand the problem. Damaged count is divided by 2, so you need at least 2 to have non zero losses.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to PMCN)
Post #: 2
RE: Bug: Combar Report Updates Improperly - 2/15/2012 9:44:53 AM   
PMCN

No. If a rifle squad has 10 men, and it is damaged then 5 men should show up as killed. What happens now is that if you get, for example, a night bombing attack that does the following:

Damage 1 Support Squad
Damage 1 20 mm Flak Gun
Destroy 1 7.92mm MG

You see in the losses 2 men.

If you change the order to:

Destroy 1 7.92 mm MG
Damage 1 Support Squad
Damage 1 20 mm Flak Gun

You would see losses of 2+10+2= 14 men (assuming 2 men are lost with the damaged Flak gun)

If on the other hand you get results of:

Damage 1 Support Squad
Damage 1 20 mm Flak Gun
Damage 1 7.92 mm MG

The losses inflicted show up as 0 men. So if you don't watch the combat at a higher level of resolution you would think your bombing run did nothing.

And if you had:

Damage 1 Support Squad
Destroy 1 7.92 mm MG
Damage 1 20 mm Flak Gun

The losses would show up as 2+2 = 4 men rather than the 14 it should be so again you might think not much happened.

The same is true of ground combats but given the generally short time between the combat starting and some device being destroyed it only means you are off by 10 or so men generally and is basicaly no big deal. But for air strikes you probably get the impression that nothing happened when in actual fact a fair number of devices were damaged in the attack.

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
RE: Bug: Combar Report Updates Improperly - 2/15/2012 4:23:08 PM   
Helpless

That's right, but we count it on the ground element level first. So if you have many element 1 damage it will get shown as 0. Btw, there is no need to watch combat at high level of resolution. Amount of damaged elements is shown in the details.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to PMCN)
Post #: 4
RE: Bug: Combar Report Updates Improperly - 2/15/2012 9:15:11 PM   
PMCN

There is every need to watch combat at a high level. It is how you understand what is going on in a combat and why it turned out the way it did; otherwise you have not got the first foggiest clue what is actually happening.

I don't understand you reply in the least, I'm sorry to say. What isn't advancing is the running total of the number of men lost in an attack, and it starts advancing properly for both damaged and destroyed devices once a device is destroyed, so to me that says there is a glitch in the routine somewhere. It isn't 1 damage...it can be rifle squad damged, pioneer damaged, 105 mm Hwtz damaged, support damaged, 7.92 mm MG destroyed and what you see is 2 men in the losses...and that should be 5+5+4+10+2 or 26 men lost. But if the next hit after the MG team is rifle squad damaged the counter advances to 7. It looks like a bad logic test in the loop structure to me.

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Bug: Combar Report Updates Improperly Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI