Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Yamamoto's Prophecy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Yamamoto's Prophecy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yamamoto's Prophecy - 11/18/2002 1:33:03 AM   
panda124c

I have a serious concern with this scenario in the way the AI acts. First of all the scenario notes say: "After the Japanese failure to capture Port Moresby by amphibious assault, they turned their attention to the overland route from Buna on the north coast of Papua through the Owen Stanley mountains via a rugged track known as the Kokoda Trail."
I have never seen the AI take this route, it always captures (or tries to) Gili-Gili and ignores the overland route from Buna. During the Guadalcanal battles the battle for Buna was also happening and it was not until January 43 that the Japanese were cleared from the Buna area thus removing the threat of an overland invasion of Port Moresby. So because the AI never attempts to take Buna there is no real invadion threat to Port Moresby in this scenario.

Now for a small 'bug' I always receive the message "Ships have arrived in the theater" every single turn with no relation to when ships arrive. This is in Ver. 2.0. Great job guys.
Post #: 1
- 11/19/2002 2:00:25 AM   
Toro

Hi pbear: the "ships arrive in theatre" is a bug Matrix has ID'd and has in the 2.01 fix.

(in reply to panda124c)
Post #: 2
- 11/19/2002 9:11:14 PM   
panda124c

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Toro
[B]Hi pbear: the "ships arrive in theatre" is a bug Matrix has ID'd and has in the 2.01 fix. [/B][/QUOTE]
Thanks

(in reply to panda124c)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Yamamoto's Prophecy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI