Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing NO Mind_Messing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing NO Mind_Messing Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing NO... - 10/27/2019 3:14:53 PM   
zuluhour

First turn away, JC welcome to comment or just say hello.

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 10/30/2019 12:38:12 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 10/27/2019 6:45:57 PM   
T Rav

Fair Winds and Following Seas.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 2
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 10/27/2019 7:50:07 PM   
Zorch

Red sky at night, sailor's delight
Red sky at morning, sailors take warning

(in reply to T Rav)
Post #: 3
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 10/27/2019 8:06:58 PM   
Canoerebel

Good luck, Zulu. It's fun to have two old-timers locking horns.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 4
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 10/27/2019 9:41:14 PM   
John 3rd

Well..not as old as Dan and CERTAINLY not as old as Michael!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 5
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 10/28/2019 11:51:50 PM   
zuluhour

The December 8 orders are out. I'm guessing there will be no comment from the empire....
I will post this week on the opening days. I will say it was aggressive and not what I'm
used to seeing. I burned out clicking on the orders for the eighth and hope I did not
forget anything critical or of high value. At this point I only have a hazy idea of how
I may react. I can say it appears there will be a concerted effort to clear the PI, Malaya,
and central China (I see movement arrows, ominous places).
Dan, I sense a veteran player across the table...
John, I feel a very aggressive IJ. I expect some of your trade mark pursuits.
Zorch, TRav, I play conservatively albeit with a hunting sense, comment at will. I will
get this thing rolling on Sunday when I have time to reflect on Mind Messings opening
moves. PH got it, I don't think he attacked one AF. Hong Kong was turned into a reef.
By the morning of the ninth he will have at least eight bases on Luzon.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 6
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 10/29/2019 2:03:41 AM   
CaptBeefheart

This should be fun. What are the parameters of your game?

Cheers,
CB

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 7
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 10/29/2019 2:08:39 AM   
John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

The December 8 orders are out. I'm guessing there will be no comment from the empire....
I will post this week on the opening days. I will say it was aggressive and not what I'm
used to seeing. I burned out clicking on the orders for the eighth and hope I did not
forget anything critical or of high value. At this point I only have a hazy idea of how
I may react. I can say it appears there will be a concerted effort to clear the PI, Malaya,
and central China (I see movement arrows, ominous places).
Dan, I sense a veteran player across the table...
John, I feel a very aggressive IJ. I expect some of your trade mark pursuits.
Zorch, TRav, I play conservatively albeit with a hunting sense, comment at will. I will
get this thing rolling on Sunday when I have time to reflect on Mind Messings opening
moves. PH got it, I don't think he attacked one AF. Hong Kong was turned into a reef.
By the morning of the ninth he will have at least eight bases on Luzon.

Will gladly watch and 'toss' in my .02 whenever.

Wish you the BEST!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 8
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 10/29/2019 9:36:42 PM   
Bif1961

Let the carnage begin.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 9
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 10/29/2019 11:03:11 PM   
witpqs

Good luck!

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 10
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 10/30/2019 12:39:56 AM   
zuluhour

Thank you sir! Interesting opening; I look forward to catching up on clicks soon. I'll get it rolling with
the air raid Pearl.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 11
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 10/30/2019 3:35:00 AM   
PaxMondo

Good Luck!!!!

Pax

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 12
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 10/30/2019 6:21:11 AM   
Lokasenna

Slap him with a fish!

I mean...

Beware - he likes to be aggressive with the IJN in 1942.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 13
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 10/30/2019 3:06:41 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Good Luck!!!!

No! No! don't say that!
AARs are show biz, you jinx him if you wish that. You have to tell him "Break your main shaft" or "May your propeller get screwed off" something along those lines.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 14
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 10/30/2019 3:49:08 PM   
Lokasenna

Break a keel?

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 15
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 10/30/2019 4:26:23 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Slap him with a fish!

I mean...

Beware - he likes to be aggressive with the IJN in 1942.

You asked for it.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 16
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 10/30/2019 6:38:42 PM   
Cheesesteak

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Good Luck!!!!

No! No! don't say that!
AARs are show biz, you jinx him if you wish that. You have to tell him "Break your main shaft" or "May your propeller get screwed off" something along those lines.

Breaking your main shaft sounds like something that could happen if your propeller gets screwed off. Anybody else suddenly miss college?

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 17
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 10/30/2019 7:08:58 PM   
witpqs

Throw a bearing!

(in reply to Cheesesteak)
Post #: 18
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 11/3/2019 1:12:59 PM   
zuluhour

Severe wind storms knocked out me cable, Blimey! Cable repair guy shows up Saturday and replaces our gear outside the house so we
are back on track. Why does this sh_t only happen for the weekends!!! We do have four days played now and my orders are out for the
11th. Click, click, click, click, FLEE mateys FLEE! So many miserable little tramp steamers mixed with the few high value tankers and
merchantmen weigh anchor only to be deep sixed and sent to old Davey Jones......

I try a major effort in the PI sweeping an IJ base on the eighth where it showed over thirty fighters on the ground. The P40s are shot
down in droves. The follow up from the B17s gets one on the ground and cratered the strip but over all I would not do it again.

In Malaya I hope our guys up north entrain before the IJA arrives, I'll know tomorrow. No graphics for now as I am still to busy clicking
my ass off. Truth be known, at this stage there are only ideas anyway.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/3/2019 1:13:21 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 19
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 11/3/2019 1:13:32 PM   
zuluhour

part II

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 20
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 11/3/2019 1:16:28 PM   
zuluhour

We are playing scenario 1, with no house rules. I asked about float planes in subs, yep Jakes will
replace Glens as soon as possible. Yikes!. I can move the whole Chinese Army. Totally at loss
at this point what I'm going to do. I suspect I will challenge him forward and early and risk more
assets than I typically care to.....

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 21
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 11/4/2019 2:06:51 AM   
PaxMondo

Well, if you get the Chinese army to India, he is a goner in '44. Takes +9 months for those big units to recover, get morale and exp. But when they come back in '43, the are just unstoppable by the IJ. They have to commit their tank divisions and they cannot afford the VEH replacement rate. So, it is just a steady grind on the IJ that will wear them out, not at all the type of war IJ wants.

Pax

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 22
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 11/8/2019 10:45:23 PM   
zuluhour

I don't want to pull out of China. I want to tie him up there for as long as possible and hopefully bleed him. But
the tide maybe too strong.....No turn since last weekend but we did get two in I have not posted, so....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 23
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 11/8/2019 10:45:58 PM   
zuluhour

and the 12th.....his subs have been reaping a rich harvest the past 48 hours

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/8/2019 10:48:04 PM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 24
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 11/9/2019 2:39:19 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

I don't want to pull out of China. I want to tie him up there for as long as possible and hopefully bleed him. But
the tide maybe too strong....

With few/no HR's, I don't think you can bleed him at all. Staying in place plays to his advantage.

I would seal China on the west, take CK, and then simply annihilate all of the Chinese units at my leisure as they have no supply and no returning forces. Then garrison CK and build up forts. If I can hold CK into '45, I don't have to worry about any Chinese forces for the entire end game. before they can reconstitute and train up to exp that would matter, game will be over …

without the Chinese forces, the IJ has the ability to move forces that can stall the SOV activation. it forces the allies to do landings on the south coast to take HK/Shanghai. From the IJ perspective, this is good. It slows them down. They aren't landing on the HI.

However, maybe your opponent will make different choices. It is in fact why we play the game .. n'est pa?

Pax

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 25
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 11/10/2019 12:27:31 PM   
zuluhour

Pax, You have any idea what I'm facing and more importantly how fast, from the Manchuca garrison?

Ideas begin to percolate......

A story line begins.....Inside the bureau of navy personnel, one of the nations top sailors mulls over the files
of dozens of able bodied officers. King wants the navies best on the bridges of the nations warships. It's a
tall order when there are so many needs across the Pacific. King has left the final decisions to him. Nimitz
opts to get a regiment of the 2nd Marine division released to the Pacific first. It will take forty eight to seventy
two hours to get approved. The unit will become the core of Force Apache.....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 26
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 11/12/2019 2:15:15 PM   
Bif1961

Enjoy you AARS and without HRs seems like it will be a no holds bared free for all.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 27
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 11/16/2019 6:51:48 PM   
zuluhour

Thank you sir! We do get some turns in over the weekend. This is perhaps 7 days behind.
Probably one the biggest days since the outbreak of hostilities awaits the turn I just sent
out....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 28
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 11/25/2019 10:49:22 PM   
zuluhour

*I have had a personal issue in the family and it has been really distracting.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 29
RE: Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing - 11/25/2019 10:50:18 PM   
zuluhour

some more

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Powder bags and oil drums - Zuluhour vs mind messing NO Mind_Messing Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI